It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Don't throw them with idle hands.

Devil Daggers is now available on GOG.com, 25% off until April 17, 1pm UTC.
Time is relative, isn't it? Waiting for the Next Big Game™ to finish downloading seems to be taking eons, while surviving in a first-person arena swarming with floating demons from HELL appears to only last a couple of seconds. Probably because it actually does.
Point is, you just need to keep at it, perfect your swift moves and dagger-throwing technique, and the Leaderboards may soon be hosting your initials. Maybe.

Additional note: Some of the game's functionalities (creating a custom account, submitting scores to leaderboards, watching replays) require an Internet connection.
tremere110: Since GoG doesn't have that information on the game page...
micktiegs_8: It does.
It doesn't mean it's acceptable on a DRM-free store.
Desmight: It doesn't mean it's acceptable on a DRM-free store.
Were did I say that?
Desmight: It doesn't mean it's acceptable on a DRM-free store.
micktiegs_8: Were did I say that?
If you question the usefulness of a bad review for a game which is heavily plagued by DRM (if you don't make an account, you can't "save", just think about it), then you're implying that the product could be sold as it is. I don't think it can. I'll ask support to remove my review as soon as that requirement disappears or becomes less intrusive.

Ps: I've bought (and I'll keep, without asking for a refund) the game because I think it's great. It's not like I'm bashing on it for the sake of doing it.
Post edited April 11, 2018 by user deleted
micktiegs_8: Were did I say that?
Desmight: If you question the usefulness of a bad review for a game which is heavily plagued by DRM (if you don't make an account, you can't "save", just think about it), then you're implying that the product could be sold as it is. I don't think it can. I'll ask support to remove my review as soon as that requirement disappears or becomes less intrusive.
You gave the game a good, extremely vague review by saying it was a 'masterpiece'. THAT was the review. If anything, the rest of your information should be discussed on the game's release thread, or its forum. If GOG allowed easier access to game specific forums, then you'd be able to do that easier, but unfortunately it's not the case.
high rated
tremere110: Since GoG doesn't have that information on the game page...
Where?

If you are talking about this:

Additional note: some of the game's functionalities (creating a custom
account, submitting scores to leaderboards, watching replays) require
an Internet connection.
Nowhere does this say it requires a 3rd party account nor does it mention scores can't be saved offline.
micktiegs_8: If GOG allowed easier access to game specific forums, then you'd be able to do that easier, but unfortunately it's not the case.
That's why I wrote the review. The statement on the store page doesn't tell you that the internet connection and the custom account (which itself requires an internet connection to be made) are mandatory to save your scores, your replays etc. and there's no easy access to the game forum...
micktiegs_8: You gave the game a good, extremely vague review by saying it was a 'masterpiece'. THAT was the review. If anything, the rest of your information should be discussed on the game's release thread, or its forum. If GOG allowed easier access to game specific forums, then you'd be able to do that easier, but unfortunately it's not the case.
It seems you have certain standards of what you consider a "game review". I agree saying something is a masterpiece does not really provide quality information alone. However, I consider the review to be a "purchase review" rather than just a review of the game. And it is VERY welcome as a "purchase review" because the issues pointed out may well be the deciding factor in someone buying or not buying.
micktiegs_8: You gave the game a good, extremely vague review by saying it was a 'masterpiece'. THAT was the review. If anything, the rest of your information should be discussed on the game's release thread, or its forum. If GOG allowed easier access to game specific forums, then you'd be able to do that easier, but unfortunately it's not the case.
rjbuffchix: It seems you have certain standards of what you consider a "game review". I agree saying something is a masterpiece does not really provide quality information alone. However, I consider the review to be a "purchase review" rather than just a review of the game. And it is VERY welcome as a "purchase review" because the issues pointed out may well be the deciding factor in someone buying or not buying.
Fair enough - it is welcome as a purchase review and I won't dispute that. I'm arguing that it's a poor excuse of a game review. What confuses me though is your first and second sentence; you're saying I have particular standards on the type of review, and then it seems like you have those same standards....?
micktiegs_8: If GOG allowed easier access to game specific forums, then you'd be able to do that easier, but unfortunately it's not the case.
Desmight: That's why I wrote the review. The statement on the store page doesn't tell you that the internet connection and the custom account (which itself requires an internet connection to be made) are mandatory to save your scores, your replays etc. and there's no easy access to the game forum...
I'm guessing that they bundled all of the internet required features together to basically say you need them for each other.
It's painfully clear we need a link that lets us go to the game's forum, the same way Steam has one on the game page.

In saying that, I feel we've come to a similar grounds and this conversation can't possibly get any deeper.
Post edited April 11, 2018 by micktiegs_8
pkk234: Considering how low the requirements are to play the game, I think it looks pretty sick.
That's not a knoife. This is a knoife:

https://www.gog.com/mix/games_that_work_on_old_low_spec_pcs
oh good grief.

curation on gog is in a weird place.

game people want a lot: nope. hard pass. this isn't what our audience want, lol.

game that barely qualifies as a game: HEY THIS IS PERFECT LET'S GO.

i mean, on the one hand, i'm happy for people who wanted this here.

on the other, the way gog does curation has me constantly baffled.

oh weeeellll.

to those who are about to devil dagger, i salute you.
Post edited April 11, 2018 by lostwolfe
Berzerk2002: How long will this approximately take?
m4ttbush: Should be able to get it finished tomorrow.
Thanks!
Thanks for looking into this issue, and for taking the time to read the feedback here on the forum!

While you're around, I just wanted to ask, are there any plans for a sequel or spin-off? I like the theme and visual style of the game, but prefer level-based gameplay, like in the classic Doom or Quake games. Did you ever consider anything like that?
Awesome!

Could be fun if you could add twenty or so hardcoded hi-scores, so offline players had some "competition"!
Yay! Survived for a whole 61 seconds!
KasperHviid: Yay! Survived for a whole 61 seconds!
I got over 9000