It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Don't throw them with idle hands.

Devil Daggers is now available on GOG.com, 25% off until April 17, 1pm UTC.
Time is relative, isn't it? Waiting for the Next Big Game™ to finish downloading seems to be taking eons, while surviving in a first-person arena swarming with floating demons from HELL appears to only last a couple of seconds. Probably because it actually does.
Point is, you just need to keep at it, perfect your swift moves and dagger-throwing technique, and the Leaderboards may soon be hosting your initials. Maybe.

Additional note: Some of the game's functionalities (creating a custom account, submitting scores to leaderboards, watching replays) require an Internet connection.
Insta-bought. This game is great, I recommend it to anyone who loves Quake!
Desmight: Insta-bought. This game is great, I recommend it to anyone who loves Quake!
Do you know if the GOG version is able to save the scores and times locally?
is this only like endless arena horde mode in quake 1 engine or something?
Desmight: Insta-bought. This game is great, I recommend it to anyone who loves Quake!
IronArcturus: Do you know if the GOG version is able to save the scores and times locally?
It isn't, you need an account, unfortunately. I hope they change their mind and at least tie it to GOG Galaxy...
Desmight: It isn't, you need an account, unfortunately. I hope they change their mind and at least tie it to GOG Galaxy...
So you're telling me the game essentially doesn't work unless a separate account is created and the player is forced to go online?
Desmight: It isn't, you need an account, unfortunately. I hope they change their mind and at least tie it to GOG Galaxy...
IronArcturus: So you're telling me the game essentially doesn't work unless a separate account is created and the player is forced to go online?
You can use a guest account, which doesn't save your score and replay. I don't know what happens if you create a custom account (which is actually 3rd party DRM) and then you try to log with it, but without an internet connection. I'll try it as soon as I can.
Desmight: You can use a guest account, which doesn't save your score and replay. I don't know what happens if you create a custom account (which is actually 3rd party DRM) and then you try to log with it, but without an internet connection. I'll try it as soon as I can.
Thanks for looking into this! I just want to make sure the game works completely offline. I want to be able to see the scores and times without having to create some special account.
Not really my cup of tea. *shrug*
Desmight: You can use a guest account, which doesn't save your score and replay. I don't know what happens if you create a custom account (which is actually 3rd party DRM) and then you try to log with it, but without an internet connection. I'll try it as soon as I can.
IronArcturus: Thanks for looking into this! I just want to make sure the game works completely offline. I want to be able to see the scores and times without having to create some special account.
Yeah, the game needs a 3rd party account for most of its arcade functions (leaderboards, replays etc.) and that absolutely sucks. I hope they're working on a proper Galaxy integration and on the ability to store locally at least personal scores/replays.
drealmer7: what I could tell about the game from the trailer:

it contains black and orangish

*looks at screenshots*

yep, the game is black and orange

wow, this looks like shit!!!
amok: It may not be the prettiest girl in class, but the gameplay is spot on. It currently have a Overwhelmingly Positive (95% of 3,113 reviews) on Steam. Guess it depends if you favor looks over substance.

Anyway - another case of yet again a bit to slow, gOg? 2 Years late, this time...
it's not a matter of looks over substance for me, it's that I simply can't get any idea of what the substance is like, if they wanted me to judge some substance over the looks, they should have made a better fucking video
high rated
IronArcturus: Thanks for looking into this! I just want to make sure the game works completely offline. I want to be able to see the scores and times without having to create some special account.
Just a little update: I can sadly confirm that the "custom" account doesn't work offline, not even for your own scores/replays. If you want to store your score and/or your replay, you need a 3rd party Sorath account and an internet connection. What a shame, honestly.
Post edited April 10, 2018 by user deleted
Desmight: Just a little update: I can sadly confirm that the "custom" account doesn't work offline, not even for your own scores/replays. If you want to store your score and/or your replay, you need a 3rd party Sorath account and an internet connection. What a shame, honesly.
Why is it a shame? This is the new norm, if any part of the game can be played offline, or even if there is only a promise of an offline component the it is fully and truly DRM free.
high rated
Desmight: Yeah, the game needs a 3rd party account for most of its arcade functions (leaderboards, replays etc.) and that absolutely sucks. I hope they're working on a proper Galaxy integration and on the ability to store locally at least personal scores/replays.
Well that certainly sounds like DRM. It says right on the Devil Daggers game card "DRM-FREE. No activation or online connection required to play." So now the player is required to go online, create a 3rd-party account, and then must remain online to see a singleplayer score. How is that not DRM?

This is very disappointing. I hope GOG will correct this problem and make it so a local scoring system is possible without having to go online.
I scored it, installed it, and began playing it...it has an effect on me that definitely spikes my anxiety. The fight or flight is strong with this one ;D

It's definitely hard. but it will be a fun (albeit stressful) game to hop into and shrug off after just a few minutes of play.
This game looks like a better game than some other arcade shooters in here but not my thing. A good release just not for me. There are lots and lots of simple games like this one out there. Bringing some of the best ones here is a good idea, I think.