It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

More pretty. Still gritty.

<span class="bold">Deus Ex: Revision</span>, a mod which drastically overhauls the FPS/RPG masterpiece while preserving its greatness, is now available for FREE on GOG.com!

Every time the game is mentioned, someone will reinstall it. Make sure that's you, to check out all the augmentations this mod brings: New environments, new details that better flesh out its cyberpunk world, improved textures and 3D models, a new soundtrack, and more! What's more, thanks to the awesome team behind the mod, you can now collect 200+ GOG Galaxy achievements while playing Deus Ex: Revision.

To use this mod you need to own the original <span class="bold">Deus Ex GOTY</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
aristotle61: Wow.

I think people with your problem, being obnoxious and quick to judge, that is, you should stay away from comment boards.

Yes, I'm a graphics snob. That's why I am here on GOG. I only like games with cutting edge graphics. I own 165 games on GOG, including games like Akalabeth: World of Doom, but you are right, I am a graphics snob. The last two games I completed recently were Diablo 1 and The original Delta Force. I am currently playing Blade Runner. Not too long ago, I completed the original Alone in the Dark, for about the fifth time overall. I also played, completed, and loved GTA 3, Max Payne 1 and 2. I also played Tomb Raider on several occasions, but I admit I never completed that one, probably because I am a graphics snob.
RafaelLVX: Sorry, you're right about everything. I'll leave.
Oh, it's alright. You can stay. :)
I've given the mod a good try and got to Hong Kong as both a killer and pacifist but I've had to switch back to the base game as the altered level design is too convoluted. The New York bar is ludicrously big. Also the new graphics ruin the immersion by contrasting with all the unaltered graphics (both people and objects) that remain. It feels unfinshed.

There are two personally annoying things they've added/removed: the (console version) intro no longer has subtitles and even disabling achievements has a message pop-up every time that you would have got one but won't because you put cheat mode on at some point in the past.
Can we have a Deus Ex thread without the religious war between fans of the GMDX mod and fans of the Reviision Mod breaking out?
Post edited May 09, 2017 by dudalb
GOG.com: More pretty. Still gritty.

<span class="bold">Deus Ex: Revision</span>, a mod which drastically overhauls the FPS/RPG masterpiece while preserving its greatness, is now available for FREE on GOG.com!

Check out the Trailer
almabrds: A free upgrade to one of the best FPS I've ever played?
This made my day. =D
Thanks a lot!
Not an upgrade, a mod. BIg Difference.
darthspudius: a nostalgia is a funny thing. Something I don't have for this game. What is GMDX? For better game player, I go to Human Revolution. :P
SpecShadow: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx
Reworked AI, gameplay changes, perks, no more ammo hoarding etc.
Too much to write.
And a lot of bugs, and lot of Dues EX fans do not like the gameplay changes.

I would STRONGLY recommend playing the Vanilla original game before trying any of the mods.
Post edited May 09, 2017 by dudalb
almabrds: A free upgrade to one of the best FPS I've ever played?
This made my day. =D
Thanks a lot!
dudalb: Not an upgrade, a mod. BIg Difference.
Of course it is.

A mod can be an upgrade. A graphical upgrade, for example.

Just because it's not official, it doesn't mean it can't be called upgrade... -____-
Take a look at this mod:

System Shock 2 Texture Upgrade Project.

People necessarily need to call it a mod, nothing else, then?

Wrong, people can call it a texture upgrade for System Shock 2, if they want to.

It wouldn't be a lie.
The name itself, "Deus Ex:Revision", implies this a graphics overhaul or something. This is not true.
First, it provides "better" graphics, but the difference is not a big one, and sometimes it is barely noticeable. Personally, I am perfectly ok with the original graphics. Also, be aware that this graphics "upgrade" makes the game much more demanding resources-wise, so less playable on older PCs.
Second, this is actually a MOD, meaning It modifies the game itself - and I am not sure it always repects the original.

Don't get me wrong though, this is a good mod, and worth playing. The fact it is available on GOG is also a plus. However, if you are new to the game, I strongly recommend you PLAY THE ORIGINAL DEUS EX FIRST.

Please note that this is not nostalgia talking. I played this game only recently, and I think it is still a great game today, without any need for mods. So do yourself a favor and play the original before trying any mods, including this one. Or don't, and you will miss the original feel and "mood" of the game, which has yet to be surpassed by any mod or even recent games in the Deus Ex franchise.
Post edited July 18, 2017 by Archimidis
umm.. guys, if you don't like this one then you can try GMDX mod!
I liked both.
Currently playing with GMDX
However I appreciate this mod and it's devs.
For me DX:R and GMDX both are nice experience.
Post edited July 18, 2017 by amrit9037
Basically I can't start the mod anywhere except after the install finishes, no shortcut for it is created nor can I find any kind of launcher for it in the game folder. Can somebody just tell me what launch parameters to add to the regular shortcut to start the mod? And no I don't want to install GOG Galaxy.

Thx in advance
Mango_69: Basically I can't start the mod anywhere except after the install finishes, no shortcut for it is created nor can I find any kind of launcher for it in the game folder. Can somebody just tell me what launch parameters to add to the regular shortcut to start the mod? And no I don't want to install GOG Galaxy.

Thx in advance
The mod gets installed to "Deus Ex Goty\Revision" folder.
You can find the revision.exe launching it in "Deus Ex Goty\Revision\System"
Mango_69: Basically I can't start the mod anywhere except after the install finishes, no shortcut for it is created nor can I find any kind of launcher for it in the game folder. Can somebody just tell me what launch parameters to add to the regular shortcut to start the mod? And no I don't want to install GOG Galaxy.

Thx in advance
Dreaganos: The mod gets installed to "Deus Ex Goty\Revision" folder.
You can find the revision.exe launching it in "Deus Ex Goty\Revision\System"
Found it, thx.