It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The time has finally come! Cyberpunk 2077, the game from CD PROJEKT RED that takes open-world RPG to an entirely new level, is now available on GOG.COM!

Right now, Cyberpunk 2077 holds 91/100 score on metacritic and 92/100 on OpenCritic. IGN praises the title from CD PROJEKT RED for the fact that it "offers a staggering amount of choice in how to build your character, approach quests, and confront enemies, and your decisions can have a tangible and natural-feeling impact on both the world around you and the stories of the people who inhabit it".

Now it’s time for you to dive into Night City and see the futuristic world of Cyberpunk 2077 for yourself! Check our game guide tailored specially to make the start of your adventure as swift as possible. Also, be sure to take a look at our interviews with Mike A. Pondsmith (the creator of the Cyberpunk RPG) and the CD PROJEKT RED developers to learn more about the game’s unique lore and gameplay.

Don’t hesitate and start your adventure with Cyberpunk 2077 now. And remember, if you buy the game on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
barleyguy: I've decided I'm waiting a year on this one. I'm going to buy it in the holiday sale 2021, (assuming I don't get hit by a bus before then.) I'm hoping by then it will be more stable, better optimized, have some content patches for the "off the rails" areas, and maybe get rid of the parts that pull you on to the rails when you're trying to play an open world game. Also, it should be cheaper by then.
Do what you gotta do, but just an FYI: from my experience the complaints are greatly exaggerated. It has typical open world jank, and it's a demanding game on ultra settings because it's designed to be, but it really plays wonderfully at the end of the day. if you've ever played a Bethesda or Piranha Bytes game, this one is no worse at all.
Ixamyakxim: my aging midrange system
B1tF1ghter: Please elaborate :P
Yup absolutely - for reference I'm running the game in 1080p on like a 22 or 25 inch monitor? With most settings as they were "out of the box" when I loaded the game - so a lot of "high" and a medium here or there - I forgot which. I HAVEN'T tried to enable any of the "snooty" settings like raytracing (not even sure my system supports it) and whatever DSLL or DSSL or... yeah, that one ;) I *DID* lock my frames to 60. So here she is...

Latest Nvidia drivers, all updated .NET Win 7 (it was a process getting her running, but in the end setting the shortcut to Win 7 compatibility mode and clicking on run as admin eliminated "big" crashes that were always happening at the same spots that are plaguing almost everyone on Win 7 initially).

i5 3570k at stock clock - so I DO support AVX out of the box, which is a big one. There are tweaks, but if you have a processor "better" than an i5 speed wise, but that DOESN'T support AVX you'll have to mess around to get it up and running.

1060 GTX running at stock speeds (the game doesn't play nice with highly overclocked cards) - it's the higher RAM model of the two - forget the exact number

16gb DDR3 ram

Large, but old school regular old hard drive - I haven't felt the need to upgrade to SSD yet surprisingly and this thing is ticking along.

That's it - and it runs the game pretty damn nice by my standards. Even in open world it seems pretty smooth to me - I get driver crashes here and there but I always save a lot and honestly I do long play sessions at night - last night for example I think I had one crash - certainly not terrible and kinda expected in a game like this, so soon after release.

Like I said in the other post - I'm not a "super critical" gamer (though a long time one!) - I think I have realistic expectations and for my system, for a game like this, the way it's playing and the enjoyment I'm getting out of it - yeah - so far, so good!

Oh - I use a controller - not always in PC gaming but for this one I went with it. Driving sorta sucks - you can't drive like an asshole - you really do have to drive "for real" - if you just hammer down on the gas, you're going to go all over the place LOL.
Linux update time. Now with vkd3d-proton 2.1 and the latest Nvidia drivers, I was able to start the game in Linux (Wine Staging). But the performance is... disappointing. Not that I was expecting much from my 1080, but 20-30 fps on Medium is kinda harsh.

There also seem to be some missing background chatter sounds (codec issues perhaps?) and, of course, we have been warned the game is glitchy and prone to crashing, especially with vkd3d-proton.

Get those optimization engines revving, CD Projekt Red. We have an old graphics card to burn.
Post edited December 14, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: Linux update time. Now with vkd3d-proton 2.1 and the latest Nvidia drivers, I was able to start the game in Linux (Wine Staging). But the performance is... disappointing. Not that I was expecting much from my 1080, but 20-30 fps on Medium is kinda harsh.

There also seem to be some missing background chatter sounds (code issues perhaps?) and, of course, we have been warned the game is glitchy and prone to crashing, especially with vkd3d-proton.

Get those optimization engines revving, CD Projekt Red. We have an old graphics card to burn.
I *think* it was you whole told me in the Horizon ZD thread that that game was being bitchy with the Nvidia drivers - would love some Linux impressions from an AMD card (seem to run better in that environment).

That seems like a steep drop off though :( Bummer for you - hopefully you get your test runs in BEFORE the card burns ;)
Ixamyakxim: I *think* it was you whole told me in the Horizon ZD thread that that game was being bitchy with the Nvidia drivers - would love some Linux impressions from an AMD card (seem to run better in that environment).
Anything having to do with Vulkan (including dxvk/vkd3d) usually behaves better at the moment on AMD cards, since they're unhinged compute powerhouses. This is especially true for Linux, since having open drivers helps with getting the most out of them in terms of performance (go figure!).

Still, I think it will get better in the future, maybe even to playable levels. I also have a Win10 rig with a 1070 - somehow I think that will fare better, so I'll manage to play it somehow... without smoking GPUs hopefully :P.

Edit: After some more playing around, I can say the game certainly has the potential to hit 40-50 fps on medium 1080p (which should be the case based on the initial system requirements list), it's just that in some situations either the game engine, driver or vkd3d choke terribly. Or maybe it's a combination of all of them tripping each other. We'll just have to wait for more optimizations I guess.
Post edited December 14, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
I love the game so far, but unfortunately, if you have an AMD CPU, your performance will be crippled; that and the incomplete NPC AI are two major blights on an otherwise excellent title!
TZODnmr2k5: I love the game so far, but unfortunately, if you have an AMD CPU, your performance will be crippled; that and the incomplete NPC AI are two major blights on an otherwise excellent title!
Maybe I am lucky but I don't seem to have issues with my 3900, I tried the "fan-patch" but I didn't notice a single FPS difference.
TZODnmr2k5: I love the game so far, but unfortunately, if you have an AMD CPU, your performance will be crippled; that and the incomplete NPC AI are two major blights on an otherwise excellent title!
Gersen: Maybe I am lucky but I don't seem to have issues with my 3900, I tried the "fan-patch" but I didn't notice a single FPS difference.
Yeah, I also have a 3900x, yet it still runs at 45-55 even with the hex edit, I'll try the pool mods/UO Patches...
TZODnmr2k5: Yeah, I also have a 3900x, yet it still runs at 45-55 even with the hex edit, I'll try the pool mods/UO Patches...
I have between 45-65 on my RTX2080TI OC (everything to max except for shadows and DLSS set to quality), but I don't think it's really a CPU issue, all the cores seems to be used and it's the GPU that is stuck at 98%, maybe the CPU issue is noticeable for peoples with a RTX30XX.
So many bugs...it's worse than a Bethesda release and I'm not even kidding or overexaggerating.
I'll uninstall the game and wait a few months, the experience is starting to sour because almost every mission comes with half a dozen things that don't work as intended, like quest triggers not triggering or wrong NPC placements, objects flying all over the place, characters getting yeeted into orbit...and so on and so on. :/

My 'favourite' is characters sliding over the floor because the walking animation won't trigger.
According to Tom's Hardware, the hex edit of the .exe file does not help if you have more than eight cores in your processor.
Post edited December 15, 2020 by Themken
Haven't seen any of the major issues people are talking about, just some NPCs disappearing or not triggering the walk animation once or twice and that's it, I don't have a super high-end PC and can run it on Ultra settings at 1080p, added it to the Steam UI to measure the FPS and it is consistently around 37-40FPS, very playable to me and looks damn nice, the only special things I did was just updating the nVidia drivers and turning off the film grain and motion blur like I do in all games.

My PC specs:

i5 8400, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 1070 8 GB, dedicated PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 SSD
When are you going to release GOG Galaxy next update out of beta so we can have the overlay working in Cyberpunk; can't believe this was not done prior to release after so many delays of the game.
Im so disappointed! Cyberpunk is awesome! But when the game crashed in the middle of a heated battle im like, f***! Cmon guys! How!? Im on ps4 but do we matter any less?
TZODnmr2k5: Yeah, I also have a 3900x, yet it still runs at 45-55 even with the hex edit, I'll try the pool mods/UO Patches...
Gersen: I have between 45-65 on my RTX2080TI OC (everything to max except for shadows and DLSS set to quality), but I don't think it's really a CPU issue, all the cores seems to be used and it's the GPU that is stuck at 98%, maybe the CPU issue is noticeable for peoples with a RTX30XX.
Holy shit, that is quite low for a GTX 2080ti, I'm pretty much in the same boat, and I'm running a GTX 1080; this game is horrifyingly optimized, particularly for AMD users, not so much for Intel!

I'm also running the game @ 1080p, I currently have it on ultra save for the fog and reflections are turned off, yet even on low my frames do not change in the least; I would suspect that it's both badly optimized for both AMD CPUs and GPUs!

Hell, I even heard tales of shit framerates from 3090 users for fucks sake; CDPR really needs to fix the performance on both the consoles and PC!

Themken: According to Tom's Hardware, the hex edit of the .exe file does not help if you have more than eight cores in your processor.
Yeah, I have a 3900x, so I'm shit out of luck for the hex edit!
Post edited December 15, 2020 by TZODnmr2k5