It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Puzzles, action, infiltration - 1994 style.

Cyberia, an Interplay classic action adventure returns on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, available now DRM-free on GOG.com!

Talk about a blast from the past. Cyberia is an action adventure classic that's literally half action - half adventure, featuring rail-shooter action sequences as well as puzzle-adventure elements. Cyberia takes place in a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk setting in which you, a hacker with a knack for trouble, must infiltrate the heavily fortified Cyberia Complex buried deep beneath frozen Russia. You will solve puzzles, face armed foes, and even pilot a futuristic fighter, all to retrieve a powerful piece of technology fallen into the wrong hands. If you succeed, you may just be able to save planet Earth from total collapse. It's no secret that this DOS era action adventure shows its age in gameplay and difficulty - but the graphics, cutscenes and eerie sound design are all there to offer the kind of ambiance that you just won't find in a modern video game.

Hack and infiltrate like its 1994 with Cyberia, a classic Interplay action adventure, available now DRM-free on GOG.com!
Nice Release! I had Cyberia for the Sega Saturn and now i can play it again after all those years. :D

Wishlisted.
I actually owned this one back in 1995! Glad to see it here!
I remember seeing this in a local game shop for the Saturn back in the 90's. I ended up buying Shining Wisdom instead.

Still, cool release. GOG, you've been on a roll lately. Keep it up!
vicklemos: Never played it. Is it good?
Pardinuz: You can draw your own conclusions.
A lot of fun from 20:00 to 34:00 (video)
Anyway, it´s good to see an oldie!
Post edited January 29, 2015 by tokisto
What took you so long?

Finished both Cyberia games, loved and hated them all at once.

Will buy eventually, when I got some free cash, that's for sure :)
vicklemos: Cyberia was everywhere in Brazil back in 95 :P
Indeed it was. I think I got mine when I bought a new soundcard and several of my friends had it too.

As some have said, as a game it is a bit cheesy but I still had a lot of fun with it. I don't think it is a bad game at all.
Oh and I loved to provoke every possible death scene at least once. Some of them like the barrel of acid over and over. (I admit I might be less sane than the average person, so there's that)
joppo: Oh and I loved to provoke every possible death scene at least once. Some of them like the barrel of acid over and over. (I admit I might be less sane than the average person, so there's that)
You weren't the only one :P It's a very cool feature that some modern games, like the Dead Space series, still carry over. I bought this game right away, can't wait to play it again!

Also, have you heard of the game The Hive from 1995/1996? It was very similar to Cyberia but had funky controls in the areas where you weren't actively fighting. I thought it was still a lot of fun, though. I scratched my PSone copy awhile ago and couldn't play it again. It would be awesome to see a re-release of it but I would understand if we didn't due to the quality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hive_%28video_game%29
joppo: Oh and I loved to provoke every possible death scene at least once. Some of them like the barrel of acid over and over. (I admit I might be less sane than the average person, so there's that)
aavina2: You weren't the only one :P It's a very cool feature that some modern games, like the Dead Space series, still carry over. I bought this game right away, can't wait to play it again!

Also, have you heard of the game The Hive from 1995/1996? It was very similar to Cyberia but had funky controls in the areas where you weren't actively fighting. I thought it was still a lot of fun, though. I scratched my PSone copy awhile ago and couldn't play it again. It would be awesome to see a re-release of it but I would understand if we didn't due to the quality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hive_%28video_game%29
I remember renting that one for the psx; also remember it for not being too good :P
Why is it good?
vicklemos: Cyberia was everywhere in Brazil back in 95 :P
joppo: Indeed it was. I think I got mine when I bought a new soundcard and several of my friends had it too.
Lemme guess: Sound Blaster? :P
Post edited January 29, 2015 by vicklemos
I have the same feeling about this game as this reviewer here:
At its core, Cyberia is a rail shooter with pretty graphics and weak puzzles. It makes for a poor choice for adventure games. Players who crave for both action and adventure may find some value in this title. Otherwise, this title is a classic example of beauty but no substance.

http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/index.php/site/reviews/39/

Some gameplay here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zSysygvAdI

To be honest, I never liked this game. Also, the prerendered graphics ... well it didn't age well.
It might only be a 3-star game but I hope it at least sells as well as the number of wishlist votes. ;-)
Yay, Interplay! Remember this one from back in the day. Not quite a classic, but a proper slice of gaming goodness. Instabuy!
Nice. A literal blast from the past. Certainly not the best of its kind, but still quite enjoyable. I do remember dying a great deal before finally beating this some twenty years ago.

Now bring us Rebel Assault 1 & 2, GOG! (specifically because I never had the chance to play part 2 other than its demo)

damien: so how is the game compared to Sega Saturn, 3DO or Playstation version? Mouse would probably be an advantage for a rail shooter
While one might think so, I never found that to be the case with these old rail shooters like Cyberia or Rebel Assault. Using a joystick (read flightstick) was always a better experience for me. In fact since something like Cyberia only uses one controller button (or two?) it's possibly one of the few DOS games of its kind that might work well with either an XBox/Logitech gamepad.
tburger: EDIT: NO MANUAL?!
Whatever manual used to come with it - I can't remember what may have been in it - is pretty much pointless. You point your cursor and shoot ... and miss ... and die, die, die quite a bit. Rinse and repeat until you have memorized the pattern and mastered the skill of quick aiming until you beat the game. There ya go! ;)
Post edited January 29, 2015 by mistermumbles
Ages ago, I borrowed this from a friend and played for a couple of days. It was fun.

I will eventually get it. Too much to go through right now.
Nice seeing this here. I still have the german Bestseller Games Gold Edition 7 release somewhere according to my inventory list. According to that list I did complete it back in the days but can't remember much besides flying through the air. So, if I completed this it can't be that hard. Or I had too much time.
Cyberia is an incredibly immersive and atmospheric action/adventure/fmv hybrid from the 90s.

I'm delighted to see it here and have to say that this is a fantastic addition to gog's library. Hopefully, we get Cyberia 2 on gog as well, and, who knows, maybe Interplay decides to produce Cyberia 3 sometime in the future.

Highly recommended!