It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The red beret of justice.

<span class="bold">Cosmic Star Heroine</span>, a turn-based sci-fi RPG from the makers of Cthulhu Saves the World, is now available, DRM-Free on GOG.com with a 33% launch discount.

The world is in epic peril and only some good old-fashioned role-playing can save it! Join secret operative Alyssa L'Salle and her ragtag team, as they travel the galaxy to uncover a sinister conspiracy that threatens every last pixel of her world. Fancy tech, supernatural creatures, aliens, robots, exotic planets - this is a charming potpourri of sci-fi and fantasy elements that will keep you guessing and looking forward to the next surprise encounter. Before you beat the crap out of it.

The 33% discount will last until July 24, 1PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 17, 2017 by maladr0Id
Welcome to GOG :)

How about releasing Cthulhu Saves the World here or all your old games in a bundle please...?
No Cthulhu?
That' so ... disappointing.
Looks really nice!

Given the RPG sale that is running concurrently, it feels like an RPG week on GOG! :-)
PARTY! Can't wait to try it!

Oh wait, there is an 'e' on the end of that.

Never mind.
If you'd like the Cosmic Star Heroine soundtrack, vote here:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cosmic_star_heroine_official_soundtrack

While you're at it, it couldn't hurt to vote for other titles from Zeboyd Games:

Breath Of Death VII: The Beginning
Cthulhu Saves The World
Epiphany In Spaaace!
Molly The Were-Zompire
Penny Arcade's On The Rain-Slick Precipice Of Darkness 3
Penny Arcade's On The Rain-Slick Precipice Of Darkness 4
Post edited July 17, 2017 by Barry_Woodward
Good news, I was disappointed when I didn't see the game on GoG at the release date.
'Over 100 minutes of music!'

And no OST? Bummer... :-P
There we go. Shouldn't have taken this long to get here, but now that it's here, I'll buy it.
Hasn't this been available on Humble for a while? What caused the delay of the GOG release?

Anyhow, not fully convinced by the art style and character designs, but it looks like the gameplay is decent. Seems like a nice mix of classic SNES/PS1 RPGs and modern gameplay elements.
I've been waiting for this one to arrive to GOG for a long time. My patience finally paid off! =)
Only one person complaining about pixel-art on a GOG forum release thread, so far? Well, color me impressed.
Post edited July 17, 2017 by groze
groze: Only one person complaining about pixel-art on a GOG forum release thread, so far? Well, color me impressed.
No one seems to be complaining about pixel art? ( So far at least, but just give it a few more hours. )

If you're talking about my comment, I'm not complaining about the fact that it's done in a pixel art style. However, I do think that the overall art quality is somewhat mediocre and inconsistent. Definitely not on par with the classics of the SNES and Playstation era, which this game seems to be heavily based on.

Which isn't a dealbreaker, per se -- I've played various great games which looked underwhelming at first -- but as it stands I'm only vaguely interested. Might pick it up during a future discount.
Finally ! I've really been waiting for it to arrive on GOG ... considering you could buy it DRM-free on Humble.
However I want some kind of customer support behind the games I buy, of which Humble has practically none.
So, this is a buy for me.

Make more sci-fi RPGs you developer people !
CharlesGrey: Hasn't this been available on Humble for a while? What caused the delay of the GOG release?
I think the delay was caused by GOG's business praxis, since there was already a DRM-free version of the game available at launch, which to me would imply the devs were planning for a GOG release from the start. Of-course not all DRM-free games are sold through GOG, but I think that has more to do with GOG than anything else. If you have a DRM-free game for sale, GOG is one of the biggest distributors for it.