It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Explore the haunted halls of Heavenly Host Elementary in the horror cult classic now updated for the next generation. Corpse Party (2021) is now available on GOG.COM with a 10% discount that will end on 27th October 2021, 5 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Hello everyone! Two things to keep in mind:

I don't see it noted on the store page or announcement but this comes with a 25% discount for owners of the older Corpse Party.

Edit: I said that the artbook was not included. However, it is supposed to be. According to a response on Steam, they will be looking into it.

Happy shopping!
Post edited October 21, 2021 by shojotea
What are the differences with this version?

https://www.gog.com/game/corpse_party
alexandros050: What are the differences with this version?

CGs
Animated cutscenes (I think there are a couple at least iirc)
Extra content
Professional voice acting
Post edited October 20, 2021 by Bigs
high rated
alexandros050: What are the differences with this version?

Taken from one of the devs on Steam:

The old Steam version is from the original Corpse Party devs, an indie studio called GrisGris.
It has:
-Indie art by GrisGris, the original devs.
-Indie voice acting by different voice actors than later games/releases. Voice acting is a little spotty in early chapters
-No CG artwork for Wrong Ends and many other scenes, descriptive text instead
-4 Extra Chapters, including "Tooth" presented in RPG style instead of Book of Shadows style
-A couple of different/extra endings in Chapter 5, if I remember right
-A couple of GREAT vocal songs that are completely missing from later versions.
-Steam version is available for Windows and Linux.

The 2021 version is from mainstream developer MAGES.
It has:
-Art by MAGES. which matches Book of Shadows, Blood Drive, etc.
-More-or-less full voice acting by the same actors as Book of Shadows, Blood Drive, etc.
-Much more of the voice acting is binaural.
-Redone area and sprite graphics at 1.5x the resolution
-CG artwork for many scenes and pretty much all Wrong Ends
-16 Extra Chapters (Tooth is not one of them, but the other 3 from the old version are there)
-An Omake "Chapter" where you can view many of the CGs
-An extra Wrong End in Chapter 1
-An opening video
-Different (not remastered) music for a few scenes or locations
-A couple of its own unique (and very good) vocal songs
-Steam version is available for Windows, Linux, and also Mac.
Bigs: snip
shojotea: snip.
Thank you both :)
Post edited October 20, 2021 by alexandros050
And...with native Linux build :)
I'll certainly buy it later with Drox Operative 2!
Nice catch,GOG!
Can confirm the artbook is missing. It's supposed to be inside the installation directory.

Other than that, a lovely and long awaited release.

EDIT: Artbook is now available.
Post edited October 21, 2021 by Hikage1983
shojotea: I don't see it noted on the store page or announcement but this comes with a 25% discount for owners of the older Corpse Party.
I can confirm that. Nice 25% discount for owners of the old one. Sad about the missing artbook, too. :(
Dev said the Artbook should be available on GOG too...he/she's looking at what's going on here :)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1273260/discussions/0/3118172724615419388/
Nice that they show us some love!

Wishlisted.
shojotea: I don't see it noted on the store page or announcement but this comes with a 25% discount for owners of the older Corpse Party.
Anime-BlackWolf: I can confirm that. Nice 25% discount for owners of the old one. Sad about the missing artbook, too. :(
Looks like it'll be coming soon! Dev responded on Steam that they'll look into the artbook situation as it should have been here too.
low rated
Anybody here knows the name of the person doing the translation for this title? Because I have been reluctant to buy anime titles this generation. Majority of titles that are translated this generation is done by the mentally ill crowd who censor or twist the meaning simply because some words might trigger them. Kinda like how NIS America censors lines when it offends or triggers them.
How many times are they going to re-release this game?! It is truly a worthy rival for Myst.
dgnfly: Anybody here knows the name of the person doing the translation for this title? Because I have been reluctant to buy anime titles this generation. Majority of titles that are translated this generation is done by the mentally ill crowd who censor or twist the meaning simply because some words might trigger them. Kinda like how NIS America censors lines when it offends or triggers them.
I don't know who translated it, but generally speaking, XSEED Is way less censorship-minded than NISA.

And the previous release of this game by XSEED (and also its sequel, also released by XSEED) has some real sick stuff in it (which it's supposed to, since it's a horror game), so that leads me to believe that I doubt XSEED has censored this series.