It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Relive the real-time tactics masterpiece that defined the genre. Commandos 2 - HD Remaster is now available on GOG.COM thanks to the efforts of Kalypso Media Digital. Take control of an elite group of commandos who must venture deep into enemy territory and utilize their combined expertise to complete a series of notoriously demanding missions set in WW2.

Until 31st January 2020, 2 PM UTC, Commandos 2 - HD Remaster is available on GOG.COM with a 15% discount. You can also acquire the game in a special pack along with Praetorians - HD Remaster.
SpeedBo: Without co-op I probably wouldn't have gotten it, at least not until its very cheap. Add in the censorship and I definitely won't be getting it.

Although, if the old adage is true; any press is good press, maybe they got what they wanted.
I dont agree that any press is good press
if theres too much press that are seen negativly by consumers and maybe others this will hurt the image and reputatation on the company that are subject to such press.
This may in turn again lead to fewer sales and custommers looking elsewere.
The company, game dev etc will get the attention but its not guarenteed it will be good press if its negativly angled.
SpeedBo: Without co-op I probably wouldn't have gotten it, at least not until its very cheap. Add in the censorship and I definitely won't be getting it.

Although, if the old adage is true; any press is good press, maybe they got what they wanted.
Lodium: I dont agree that any press is good press
if theres too much press that are seen negativly by consumers and maybe others this will hurt the image and reputatation on the company that are subject to such press.
The company, game dev etc will get the attention but its not guarenteed it will be good press if its negativly angled.
What sure is not good press for Kalypso is them having been, shall we say, economical with the truth when it comes to their decision to censor the game. First it was the claim that it was due to some countries bans on certain imagery, then came the admission that it was their decision to do so, as per their belief, which they called 'duty as stated:

"...We do not want to encourage racism, discrimination or exclusion with our games. As a cosmopolitan but German company, we see it as our duty to refrain from any kind of radical symbolism."

They've been called on that big time and they may act like control freaks all they want on Steam forums by getting rid of some posts and issuing warning all they want, but this has been mentioned on some gaming sites so the truth is now indeed out there.

But on top of that are all the bugs that not just came with the beta release, but the release itself and one here has to wonder what kind of testing went into the game, or if the economical decision was made to have gamers do the work for them and be their testing guinea pigs.

Something to watch out for is that, as they've also been called on their hypocrisy of having censored that 'remaster' while also selling original Commandos, they could as a result quietly pull those out from sale. Personally I would be counting on money talking for them to not remove originals from catalogues, but with that company, you never know.
Lodium: I dont agree that any press is good press
It's working for Electronic Arts.

No it isn't guaranteed, but if they are indeed working on Commandos 4, they could still win people over. All they have to do is say they've realized the error of their ways, and the new game isn't censored. They'll have a lot more press coverage and attention just for doing what they should have done to begin with.

Controversy = more press
Fixing it also = press
Which could translate to better sells on the next game, and maybe even good will towards them. It's stupid, but only the bully gets praise for not hurting someone.