It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Beyond redemption.

Call of Juarez is now available DRM-free, 50% off until November 12th, 11pm UTC.

Play both sides of a personal conflict: fugitive Billy and his pursuer reverend Ray. Intense gunfights, nerve-wracking duels, creative use of your whip, horseback shooting, and a dramatic story that brings out the true grit of the Wild West.
nightcraw1er.488: Could someone confirm if this runs on win 10 64bit as from my understanding it does not run on 64bit operating systems?
darthspudius: I have the Steam version and it ran perfectly. BUT like everything else with computers, it can be hit or miss depending on your hardware etc. :)
Now THIS is a good edition to the catalogue.
MartiusR: Nice, but where is the sequel? IMO Getting rid of "sneaking" levels in CoJ's sequel was one of the best ideas. Not saying that first CoJ is bad, on the contrary, it has great atmosphere and Ray's levels are superb.

Edit: OK, I see that in announcement there is mentioned, that more new releases will come in this week, so hopefully sequel will be amongst them as well.
darthspudius: Right on. The sequel is a genuine great game IMO.
Yes, it's not the hardware issues I am talking about though. The physical copies of call of Juarez 1/2, the actual engine just did not run whatsoever on 64bit architecture, I know I still have my physical copies. Would be great to drop these and be able to run on 64bit, just not sure if they fixed/patched this in. Checking the steam forums it seems they have. I will try it, only a couple of quid and refund if not. Great game though, played the fourth recently.
Caesar.: 2006 counts as classic now. :)
Where was it called a classic?
tinyE: shit, I just bought this on steam.
Refund if possible :)
Post edited November 05, 2018 by MarkoH01
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, it's not the hardware issues I am talking about though. The physical copies of call of Juarez 1/2, the actual engine just did not run whatsoever on 64bit architecture, I know I still have my physical copies.
Does not seem to be the case for everybody according to this.
darthspudius: I have the Steam version and it ran perfectly. BUT like everything else with computers, it can be hit or miss depending on your hardware etc. :)

Right on. The sequel is a genuine great game IMO.
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, it's not the hardware issues I am talking about though. The physical copies of call of Juarez 1/2, the actual engine just did not run whatsoever on 64bit architecture, I know I still have my physical copies. Would be great to drop these and be able to run on 64bit, just not sure if they fixed/patched this in. Checking the steam forums it seems they have. I will try it, only a couple of quid and refund if not. Great game though, played the fourth recently.
I ran it today... worked perfectly fine on fully up-to-date Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (I'm even on the October update that got pulled after they found it deleting peoples files)... ran at native 1440p on my display, no issues
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, it's not the hardware issues I am talking about though. The physical copies of call of Juarez 1/2, the actual engine just did not run whatsoever on 64bit architecture, I know I still have my physical copies.
MarkoH01: Does not seem to be the case for everybody according to this.
Yes, I did note that thread. The fact that anyone got it running on 64bit os though is promising, it never used to be the case.
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, it's not the hardware issues I am talking about though. The physical copies of call of Juarez 1/2, the actual engine just did not run whatsoever on 64bit architecture, I know I still have my physical copies. Would be great to drop these and be able to run on 64bit, just not sure if they fixed/patched this in. Checking the steam forums it seems they have. I will try it, only a couple of quid and refund if not. Great game though, played the fourth recently.
Mawthra: I ran it today... worked perfectly fine on fully up-to-date Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (I'm even on the October update that got pulled after they found it deleting peoples files)... ran at native 1440p on my display, no issues
Thanks!
Post edited November 05, 2018 by nightcraw1er.488
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, I did note that thread. The fact that anyone got it running on 64bit os though is promising, it never used to be the
I was linking to that specific post in the thread for a reason since the person here said that he even managed to get the game to run from the CD version. According to him this is his second copy of it since the CDs got broken.

Right on. The sequel is a genuine great game IMO.
and I was talking about things in general. *shrugs*
Does it matter? Just play it and enjoy it.
Post edited November 05, 2018 by darthspudius
Refund it and buy it here... it's a simple process (if you just bought it, I'm assuming you haven't played it more than 2 hours)
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, I did note that thread. The fact that anyone got it running on 64bit os though is promising, it never used to be the
MarkoH01: I was linking to that specific post in the thread for a reason since the person here said that he even managed to get the game to run from the CD version. According to him this is his second copy of it since the CDs got broken.
Can't seem to find it now, but some years back the chrome engine underneath apparently did not work at all on 64bit, hence why CoJ didn't run. It' must be that they have patched it.
Now if they would add this to the Reclaim Your Game program since I still have my retail disk and CD key.
Nice to see Call of Juarez here, maybe we can see Chrome here in the future too?
Swedrami: Is this the international uncensored version?
According to wikipedia "USK-18-Version geschnitten.". And I see a USK-18 Logo on the store. So the version I can buy in Germany is.
Swedrami: Is this the international uncensored version?
AlienMind: According to wikipedia "USK-18-Version geschnitten.". And I see a USK-18 Logo on the store. So the version I can buy in Germany is.
Other sources claim that there's just one version and whether it's cut or uncut depends on the language setting.
Would be great if somebody could confirm this.
Has anyone tried the game on Windows 7 64-bit yet?
thank you GOG, now please release bound in blood and specially gunslinger, at least this is a first step