It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sanctuary is being sought/ Whispered prayers a last resort.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Ancient horrors constantly lurking in the corner of your eye. Mad cultists sacrificing their humanity in order to appease terrible gods. Your own sanity hanging by a thin, fleshy thread. H.P. Lovecraft's works come to life in all their soul-biting vigor as this 1920s story of survival horror unfolds. Will you dare see it to its bitter end?

NOTE: This version includes various small fixes, including: proper V-sync functionality, a fix for the triangle raindrops on AMD cards, and a custom-made fix provided by user Guzz, which allows the invisible sorcerers on the reef to appear properly, plus restores skybox rendering.
Woah, good price too. Dark Corners of the Earth is a bit of a mish-mash of systems - insanity, injuries, even a touch of stealth.
high rated
GOG.com: NOTE: This version includes various small fixes, including: proper V-sync functionality, a fix for the triangle raindrops on AMD cards, and a custom-made fix provided by user Guzz, which allows the invisible sorcerers on the reef to appear properly, plus restores skybox rendering.
omega64: How about the crashing on the stairs at the start of the game or every time you try to move a cabinet?
That was pretty much our priority. We did as much as we could, but if you still experience crashes there, post on the game's forum or contact support.

Nerevar.220: Or the crash on the ship?
Shouldn't be there.

About the unofficial patch: the game should work fine without it, and it's not officially supported.
Post edited October 31, 2017 by Hastur-
I haven't played this since the OG Xbox but I remember it as a great game with amazing atmosphere. Instabuy for me, especially at the good launch price.
omega64: How about the crashing on the stairs at the start of the game or every time you try to move a cabinet?
Hastur-: That was pretty much our priority. We did as much as we could, but if you still experience crashes there, post on the game's forum or contact support.
Thank you, maybe I'll be able to finish this game myself now instead of watching a playthrough after a certain point. :P
high rated
Hastur-: That was pretty much our priority. We did as much as we could, but if you still experience crashes there, post on the game's forum or contact support.
omega64: Thank you, maybe I'll be able to finish this game myself now instead of watching a playthrough after a certain point. :P
Hey, if I was able to finish it, then anyone can. :P
omega64: Thank you, maybe I'll be able to finish this game myself now instead of watching a playthrough after a certain point. :P
Hastur-: Hey, if I was able to finish it, then anyone can. :P
xD
Really though my issue after getting past tens of crashes was the bug on the ship. Great game for the most part. Really deserved fixing.
Still one of the best Horror games and Lovecraft inspired works. Highly recommended, for anyone who has never tried it before. Nice to see it's finally available here ( and hopefully fully patched up and fixed. )
high rated
Nice. Another Bethesda release. Seasonally appropriate. :)
rampancy: (insert obligatory, "Does it work in WINE?" post)
Retail 2 Cd version works (https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=23682).
This one might work as well, cannot say it for sure before test it myself, but I don't have any spare money right now.
Maybe in a few weeks, if nobody else will test it sooner.
high rated
Including people with pathetic aim, like me? Because my accuracy is down at Imperial Stormtrooper (original Star Wars version) level.
darthspudius: Great price for an underrated game. Why are people complaining about the price? it is pretty cheap, quite reasonable. Seems GOG is loaded with cheap ungrateful shits, can't say I'm surprised.
Bearing in mind what I paid for a mint condition copy 4 years ago, that is an absolute steal at that price. Some people I guess, don't know a bargain when they see one.

Slightly off topic, see bargain pic for what I found last weekend for £2.95 English :).
Attachments:
dcote.jpg (270 Kb)
bargain.jpg (381 Kb)
I love you

Also, has the reef bug been fixed? I remember it being a real gamebreaker.
Post edited October 31, 2017 by Soccorro
Another good release!

There's several game breaking bugs which can strike with the original retail release.
So having a version which fixes all the known problems is very welcome indeed.

I assume the v-sync fix corrects the game going screwy when going over 60 fps? What about people with 144hz monitors though?

It shouldn't affect me - I cap the framerate to 60 in all games using Frame Rate Target Control in Radeon Settings.

edit: finally url link fixed...
Post edited October 31, 2017 by mwnn
Hooray! I had been waiting for this one to show up on Halloween for the past few years... so far, every time I was disappointed, but now, just when I was starting to lose hope for this year as well, it's finally here! Thank you GOG!
high rated
Luned: Including people with pathetic aim, like me? Because my accuracy is down at Imperial Stormtrooper (original Star Wars version) level.
Yes. Most of the game is just sneaking anyway.

Soccorro: Also, has the reef bug been fixed? I remember it being a real gamebreaker.
Yes, it's been fixed.