It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sanctuary is being sought/ Whispered prayers a last resort.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Ancient horrors constantly lurking in the corner of your eye. Mad cultists sacrificing their humanity in order to appease terrible gods. Your own sanity hanging by a thin, fleshy thread. H.P. Lovecraft's works come to life in all their soul-biting vigor as this 1920s story of survival horror unfolds. Will you dare see it to its bitter end?

NOTE: This version includes various small fixes, including: proper V-sync functionality, a fix for the triangle raindrops on AMD cards, and a custom-made fix provided by user Guzz, which allows the invisible sorcerers on the reef to appear properly, plus restores skybox rendering.
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: Just in case anyone else was interested, I have tested the DCofTE Patcher with this copy from GOG and it seems to work fine (haven't tested all functionality, but skip movies and such like works). This is a patcher whereby you can change certain things and fix things if you get stuck:
http://dcotetools.sucklead.com/p/dcotepatch.html
I was trying to find if someone mentioning this, that tool is invaluable as it allows you to save anywhere along with noclip to avoid getting stuck.

Too bad they pulled the game already.
I just went to buy this and couldn't find it in my wishlist. Not surprisingly, I'm having a Re-Volt flashback, as I missed that game too.

Fortunately, I played through Dark Corners on the Xbox, though that doesn't alleviate the minor sense of loss and disappointment that I, and undoubtedly others, are feeling.

I was hoping to experience the game again minus the multitude of bugs that I encountered during my first playthrough. Sadly, the part of the game that I remember most vividly is slowly pushing through an invisible wall for over 30 minutes in order to enter a moving elevator.

It is arguably one of the most buggy games I've ever played (along with Evil Twin, also from Ubisoft), so maybe it's better that I didn't push my luck a second time anyway. :)
nightcraw1er.488: Just in case anyone else was interested, I have tested the DCofTE Patcher with this copy from GOG and it seems to work fine (haven't tested all functionality, but skip movies and such like works). This is a patcher whereby you can change certain things and fix things if you get stuck:
So, this patcher wasn't included in the GOG version ? It is mandatory to play and complete the game, imo.
MaxFulvus: So, this patcher wasn't included in the GOG version ? It is mandatory to play and complete the game, imo.
I highly doubt that it is mandatory. Maybe GOG just took some of the fixes included in the patcher. Anyway it was ablue who told that he was able to play through the game from start to finish using the GOG version.
MarkoH01: I highly doubt that it is mandatory. Maybe GOG just took some of the fixes included in the patcher. Anyway it was ablue who told that he was able to play through the game from start to finish using the GOG version.
It was mandatory for me with the retail version to finish the game.
Post edited November 15, 2017 by MaxFulvus
MarkoH01: I highly doubt that it is mandatory. Maybe GOG just took some of the fixes included in the patcher. Anyway it was ablue who told that he was able to play through the game from start to finish using the GOG version.
MaxFulvus: It was mandatory for me with the retail version to finish the game.
I don't doubt that. Question is if it still would be mandatory in the GOG release.
Okay. This thing about games removal is getting more and more ridiculous by the day. Hadn't i been waiting for this game to appear at GOG store for so many years in a row, i would have missed it as well, by waiting to buy it later, like most people who missed it. Thankfully, 5 bucks and a much wanted by me title, made me grab it the second it appeared!

Now i fear for the Suffering series, too. Thankfully, i also bought that. Damn man, now we must grab a game the very day it appears! I am not risking losing anything else! Wow. And imagine that i also wrote a review about it. Sheet.
Post edited November 20, 2017 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Okay. This thing about games removal is getting more and more ridiculous by the day. Hadn't i been waiting for this game to appear at GOG store for so many years in a row, i would have missed it as well, by waiting to buy it later, like most people who missed it. Thankfully, 5 bucks and a much wanted by me title, made me grab it the second it appeared!

Now i fear for the Suffering series, too. Thankfully, i also bought that. Damn man, now we must grab a game the very day it appears! I am not risking losing anything else! Wow. And imagine that i also wrote a review about it. Sheet.
Its called marketing. Remove something from sale, create demand at release day, and more demand when its removed. Then release it again to great applause, and double the sales. See its already got you thinking should I/shouldn't I on suffering.
deleted
I'm glad I got this before it got pulled, is there any more details on why it got pulled and when we'll see it again?
The game is currently 1,24 €/$ on Steam, FWIW.
I've just returned from an extended trip and see that the fall sale is on. This is the first game I looked for as I planned to buy it even at full price. To my surprise I couldn't locate it in the Store nor the top of my wishlist where it once was. It's really unfortunate to see that it's gone. I've missed Re-Volt, Simon the Sorceror and now this. Here's to hoping GOG gets this game added again!
MadalinStroe: Considering the information we have, which isn't much other than the blue response, this seems to be closer to what happened to ReVolt. I still hate what happened to that game and that GOG never managed to salvage it. Hopefully this doesn't repeat for Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.
ReVolt was the first game that came to mind when they said this game was getting pulled for a Copyright Violation. I really hope this one comes back all the more, as its a fantastic title that really just needs a new, stable home.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Okay. This thing about games removal is getting more and more ridiculous by the day. Hadn't i been waiting for this game to appear at GOG store for so many years in a row, i would have missed it as well, by waiting to buy it later, like most people who missed it. Thankfully, 5 bucks and a much wanted by me title, made me grab it the second it appeared!

I had a very similar experience - bought this game day 1 as the price was enticing for this title and I was worried something like what happened to ReVolt would happen here because of the different fixes used with the game.
guppy44: I've just returned from an extended trip and see that the fall sale is on. This is the first game I looked for as I planned to buy it even at full price. To my surprise I couldn't locate it in the Store nor the top of my wishlist where it once was. It's really unfortunate to see that it's gone. I've missed Re-Volt, Simon the Sorceror and now this. Here's to hoping GOG gets this game added again!
Not sure if it was ever gone, but the Simon the Sorcerer games are still available here on GOG.com if you're still interested in playing/picking them up.
Post edited January 03, 2018 by FlamingFirewire
FlamingFirewire: Not sure if it was ever gone, but the Simon the Sorcerer games are still available here on GOG.com if you're still interested in playing/picking them up.
The 4th one was removed after in the catalog a year without a sale..
Post edited January 03, 2018 by RWarehall
guppy44: I've just returned from an extended trip and see that the fall sale is on. This is the first game I looked for as I planned to buy it even at full price. To my surprise I couldn't locate it in the Store nor the top of my wishlist where it once was. It's really unfortunate to see that it's gone. I've missed Re-Volt, Simon the Sorceror and now this. Here's to hoping GOG gets this game added again!
FlamingFirewire: Not sure if it was ever gone, but the Simon the Sorcerer games are still available here on GOG.com if you're still interested in playing/picking them up.
What RWarehall (confusedly) said.
Link: In case you hadn't noticed, Simon the Sorcerer 4: Chaos Happens is gone from GOG's catalogue

RWarehall: The 4th one was removed after in the catalog a year without a sale..
I think with your sentence maybe some mistakes.. ;P
Post edited January 03, 2018 by HunchBluntley