It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sanctuary is being sought/ Whispered prayers a last resort.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Ancient horrors constantly lurking in the corner of your eye. Mad cultists sacrificing their humanity in order to appease terrible gods. Your own sanity hanging by a thin, fleshy thread. H.P. Lovecraft's works come to life in all their soul-biting vigor as this 1920s story of survival horror unfolds. Will you dare see it to its bitter end?

NOTE: This version includes various small fixes, including: proper V-sync functionality, a fix for the triangle raindrops on AMD cards, and a custom-made fix provided by user Guzz, which allows the invisible sorcerers on the reef to appear properly, plus restores skybox rendering.
Sooo, yeah... a small word of warning: the gog version also features a game breaking bug that will literally kill you as you cross the finish line. Check out this thread here.

As anyone here beaten their "out-of-the-box", unmodified gog copy?
Post edited November 05, 2017 by fronzelneekburm
This is a really great game. I highly recommend it to all.
fronzelneekburm: Sooo, yeah... a small word of warning: the gog version also features a game breaking bug that will literally kill you as you cross the finish line. Check out this thread here.
So that's why it's so cheap. ;P

Does it still suffer from crashes aplenty?
Mr.Mumbles: No, it isn't. In fact, the best place to see it isn't until 4:14.
Tarhiel: Thank you, both of you, now I see it at 4:14! :) But is it really a bug?
I mean it seems to want to simulate a rain drop on a lens :)
It sure does. :)
Post edited November 05, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
Lemon_Curry: Does it still suffer from crashes aplenty?
Not really. I had plentiful crashes and corrupted savegames - those are a joy to have in a game that relies on a save point system, a real boon! - during the refinery and one crash at the beginning of the following level. I didn't have any crashes from then on, except for one instance where a savegame got corrupted during the level "The Esoteric Order Of Dagon". The reef bug is fixed.
Does anyone know how to force the resolution at 4:3 with an AMD card?
TheDingo742: Does anyone know how to force the resolution at 4:3 with an AMD card?
For any recent card with Radeon Settings, the steps are:
DISPLAY TAB
GPU SCALING = ON
SCALING MODE = Preserve Aspect Ratio

Slightly different for Catalyst Control Center.
Instructions are here:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/UnableToSetGPUScaling.aspx

Personally I like to use the widescreen fix:
https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#callofcthulhu
Post edited November 08, 2017 by mwnn
The game seems to have been removed from GOG... or is it yet another bug?
Tempaura: The game seems to have been removed from GOG... or is it yet another bug?
Yeah.I just checked and it is indeed gone from the store.Probably just a bug,and will soon reappear.Bought it in time,just in case ;).Cheers
Tempaura: The game seems to have been removed from GOG... or is it yet another bug?
deja65: Yeah.I just checked and it is indeed gone from the store.Probably just a bug,and will soon reappear.Bought it in time,just in case ;).Cheers
Not a bug...
Staff didn't want to give more information but they hope to bring it back soon...

I wanted to buy it today because of Adam's WINE wrapper. :(
deja65: Yeah.I just checked and it is indeed gone from the store.Probably just a bug,and will soon reappear.Bought it in time,just in case ;).Cheers
Klumpen0815: Not a bug...
Staff didn't want to give more information but they hope to bring it back soon...

Please tell me they ain't pulling another Re-volt on us.... I mean the game contains a truckload of thirdparty community fixes,and maybe some of it has not been given green light.Oooh boy,this is going to be fun :/ Cheers

EDIT:Could you please give us a link to where the GOG staff member mentioned this removal?
Post edited November 11, 2017 by deja65
Klumpen0815: Not a bug...

I guess the game is not as fully debugged as they thought !
Yep . The game is missing from the catalog . :(
deja65: EDIT:Could you please give us a link to where the GOG staff member mentioned this removal?
Nope, it was in a chat.
Post edited November 11, 2017 by Klumpen0815
In case anyone's wondering, I still have the game in my library and I can still download it, but aside from that it's missing from the site. I'd like for a blue to explain why this game was removed from the site.
Wanted to buy it today and, suddenly, this game is not on site! What happened?! Why it was removed and when it will return?