It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Here’s something fun for all the couch co-op party game fans with a knack for challenges! Bonkies is now available on GOG.COM with a 20% discount that will end on 5th February 2021, 2 PM UTC. Gather your prime mates, equip your banana-fuelled jetpack, and robo-arm, and raise wacky buildings all over the cosmos for the glory of apekind!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
I wasn't sure what this one was, so it would help if GOG added the "Party Game"/"Co-op" tags. I never had a SNES/N64 growing up, missing out on all the mario party games, so I have no nostalgia for this genre.

However I hope that people have fun with it!
I'm not bonking that.
I really feel like this could be so much more appealing with a slight change to the artstyle. There's just some Je Ne Sais Quoi about it that hits me right in the "putoff" button.
About how many levels does it have?
Croyzers: I'm not bonking that.
I was about to say that somebody didnt think the title through well enough.
high rated
Whenever GOG tells me a title didn't make it to GOG, because it's too niche, i look at shit like this, and, well, i wonder why i bothered all those times making sure i knew what all was on gog's catalogue. I spent a few days, once, browsing's gog's catalogue. Now every time a new game comes, i look at the screenshots to "give it a chance" so i know what gog has and doesn't has. When i come across stuff like this, i regret that decision.

I'm sure it's absolutely fun, but this is more on the low tier end.One of their advertisement gifs is a high-five. I don't think GOG has a particularly large "7-10" age crowd, and i really don't think this is a particularly good way to attempt to create it, either.
kohlrak: Whenever GOG tells me a title didn't make it to GOG, because it's too niche, i look at shit like this
Apparently this was fine for curation, but games from Cave and Taito were not.

Never forget, never forgive.
MadalinStroe: I wasn't sure what this one was, so it would help if GOG added the "Party Game"/"Co-op" tags. I never had a SNES/N64 growing up, missing out on all the mario party games, so I have no nostalgia for this genre.

However I hope that people have fun with it!
This doesn't really contain any of the good that made Mario Party good; which in part was offered by chaos and rudeness.

So imagine this. You're on a board where the objective token collectable moves around each time gets one. And one of the items that you can use is one which allows you to go backwards.

Typically the boards are made in loops meant to lead you back to a starting area, but with this item, you can go a different forward. The objective spawns just a few spaces behind you? You've got it now.
Looks funny ^_^
kohlrak: Whenever GOG tells me a title didn't make it to GOG, because it's too niche, i look at shit like this
ReynardFox: Apparently this was fine for curation, but games from Cave and Taito were not.

Never forget, never forgive.
Taito got rejected!? This Taito!? You must be joking. What titles did GOG reject?
ReynardFox: Apparently this was fine for curation, but games from Cave and Taito were not.
Are you serious, Cave got rejected?
Post edited January 31, 2021 by MadalinStroe
who wants to bonk?
MadalinStroe: Are you serious, Cave got rejected?
Yes. GOG rejected Mushihimesama, Death Smiles and Taito's Dariusburst (And these are just the ones that are known, notice how we never got any games from Degica besides Crimzon Clover). A Degica staff member posted the GOG reply regarding Mushihimesama on the shmup.system11 forum, telling them that the game is too obscure outside of Japan and they don't know if it will sell, following up by saying that if the launch on Steam does well, they may reevaluate.

This was 2013. The game did infact do well. GOG curation is demonstrably, willfully ignorant and pathetic.
Post edited February 01, 2021 by ReynardFox
What the hell is this shit doing on GOG?

Stop rejecting good games and giving us this Teletubbies-like crap for babies.

All we get is cheap mobile phone games like this, and anime visual novels lately.... Does anybody in the GOG approval team actually play video games, or is it a bunch of bored shareholders just drinking tea all day?