It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is now available, DRM-free.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is the FULL game experience, an exploration-focused, side-scroller action RPG packing all of the best features you've come to know and love from the Metroidvania genre into a single, content-packed game.

Play as Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist’s curse which slowly crystallizes her body. In order to save herself, and indeed, all of humanity, she must battle her way through a demon-infested castle summoned by Gebel, her old friend whose body and mind has become more crystal than flesh.
Oh boy, let's wait and see if this turns out to be another kickstarted dud or an actual game worth playing.

I sure as hell would love another Castlevania, but I am so over getting fooled by shiny visuals and promises of better days. Can't even trust the critics to look at this nostaliga fuled stuff without rose tinted glasses. Man I hated Yooka Laylee.... don't be another Yooka Laylee. Be a Hat in Time. Please game, don't do this to me again....
Stupid question, how long does the discount last?
NuffCatnip: Stupid question, how long does the discount last?
28th I believe.
Few hours in and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'm rusty af, but it's hitting a lot of those old SotN feels, there's a diverse array of enemies thus far, and the first two boss fights have been challenging, but not frustrating at all. There's quite a bit of quest content thus far, mostly of the vein of "kill X, get reward" and/or "craft item, get reward" and "create food items, get reward" types.

The storyline is going to be very familiar to those used to Iga games, with multiple antagonists thus far, along with some side stuff. (I'm not that far in yet, so take what I say with a grain of salt.)

Mechanically, though, it feels fluid, has the classic attack/backdash/attack or jump/attack/attack animation attack stacking, and it also incorporates bits of mechanics from other Castlevania games like Soma's monster absorption or the spell absorption mechanics that Shanoa had, only without the button designation.

There's a lot of things to find to unlock or craft in regards to gear and drop rates aren't terrible thus far either.

So far, if you enjoy igavanias and you want more of that, you're going to enjoy this.
NuffCatnip: Stupid question, how long does the discount last?
Mafwek: 28th I believe.
Thank you very much!
Seems like I'll still be able to get it while it's discounted. :)
NuffCatnip: Thank you very much!
Seems like I'll still be able to get it while it's discounted. :)
I saw that date on Steam. I hope it's the same on GOG.
LiquidOxygen80: the first two boss fights have been challenging, but not frustrating at all
To me, the real test is not so much the difficulty of the first two boss fights but rather whether the game can sustain its difficulty so that the last two bosses can still be challenging. (This is a common issue in games with growth systems; Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is an example of a game that gets easier after the beginning, and ends up way too easy by the end (barring a temporary difficulty increase at a certain point).)
LiquidOxygen80: the first two boss fights have been challenging, but not frustrating at all
dtgreene: To me, the real test is not so much the difficulty of the first two boss fights but rather whether the game can sustain its difficulty so that the last two bosses can still be challenging. (This is a common issue in games with growth systems; Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is an example of a game that gets easier after the beginning, and ends up way too easy by the end (barring a temporary difficulty increase at a certain point).)
Yeah, for sure. Just hit the third boss fight last night, and it kind of felt like I was underleveled, as it was quite tanky and I was pretty low on health items to begin with. That brings me to another point, like SotN, you can and will wander into areas you shouldn't be in yet and get absolutely destroyed.

That said, this type of game is known for the grind for both XP and items, but I feel like if you were skilled enough, you could still advance. I'm just rusty. :|
dtgreene: To me, the real test is not so much the difficulty of the first two boss fights but rather whether the game can sustain its difficulty so that the last two bosses can still be challenging. (This is a common issue in games with growth systems; Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is an example of a game that gets easier after the beginning, and ends up way too easy by the end (barring a temporary difficulty increase at a certain point).)
Again just speaking in general, but fond of games that get easier as you advance myself, especially if that's for certain character types / builds (usually magic types). Early pain for later gain. Also brings a real sense of character(s) getting stronger and eventually quite godlike, because otherwise, if they just get stronger but the enemies do too, possibly at an even higher pace, there's hardly any feeling of that.
Cavalary: Again just speaking in general, but fond of games that get easier as you advance myself, especially if that's for certain character types / builds (usually magic types). Early pain for later gain. Also brings a real sense of character(s) getting stronger and eventually quite godlike, because otherwise, if they just get stronger but the enemies do too, possibly at an even higher pace, there's hardly any feeling of that.
The sense of getting stronger becomes apparent if you go back through earlier areas of the game; it's just that the challenge should increase if you keep advancing through the game, going through areas that are intended to be played at the levels you are most likely to reach under typical play (that is, no excessive power-leveling, no speedrunning, no playing on hard mode level cap 1 mode (if it exists)).
dtgreene: The sense of getting stronger becomes apparent if you go back through earlier areas of the game; it's just that the challenge should increase if you keep advancing through the game, going through areas that are intended to be played at the levels you are most likely to reach under typical play (that is, no excessive power-leveling, no speedrunning, no playing on hard mode level cap 1 mode (if it exists)).
Yeah, that tends to be the typical rule. I'd rather not have things like that. And also prefer open worlds, so most areas will be really difficult early on if you try them but then get easier.
(This post is being made to try to deal with a bug that is not letting me see a reply to my post.)

Has anyone tried to run this game under WINE? (Also, does it run under HD 4000 series graphics?)
dtgreene: (This post is being made to try to deal with a bug that is not letting me see a reply to my post.)

Has anyone tried to run this game under WINE? (Also, does it run under HD 4000 series graphics?)
Don't know about WINE, check some reviews here
The game will run on Intel hd4000 on windows, although is slow, like 30fps 720p. Probably can edit the config file to lower the resolution further down or lower the 3D resolution, since is a Unreal engine game. Needless to say, it will look like crap on a bigger screen.
Some further details about performance: Ram usage is very low, like 1.5Gb and the CPU requirement is very low as well. On a low end CPU game will probably run fine, like a core2duo or any quad core CPU. The game seem to run fine on a DirectX 10 card instead directx11.

They were not lying on minimum specs requirement when stated "If you have a potato PC or above, you're ok.".

P.s: "The only potatoes you use are the tasty kind."
Post edited June 24, 2019 by Dark_art_
Dark_art_: They were not lying on minimum specs requirement when stated "If you have a potato PC or above, you're ok.".
I'll say. 50 FPS at epic settings and 720p, using nothing but an NVIDIA 940MX (which rates far below their "minimum" specs). I limit it to 30 FPS because I don't have a laptop fan right now, and my CPU/GPU reach 80-85C when I play without such limits, but the card can certainly handle it.
Post edited June 27, 2019 by Crisco1492
So, what's the latest on Kickstarter backers getting a key for the soundtrack that's owed them?