It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The pirate you were meant to be.

<span class="bold">Blood &amp; Gold: Caribbean</span>, a free-roaming plunderer simulation, now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

Did blood start flowing after the lust of gold put men's hearts afire, or was it the other way around? Ah, don't bother yer noggins with such nonsense, me laddies, for Blood & Gold will always find a way to cross paths, whether on land or at sea.

Especially in the Caribbean, where every man is free to carve his own path and make his own fortune, either as a businessman or a cutthroat (but aren't those unnervingly similar?). Blood & Gold is a bold reimagining of the open-world strategy/RPG, containing new features and updated gameplay that will make your pirating exploits even more memorable. Put together a fleet to plunder the seven seas, crush these spineless landlubbers on solid ground or rule the islands as a shrewd businessman. Blood & Gold: Caribbean! brings the Native tribes for expanded troop variety, an all new blackjack minigame, the ability to play as a female character, new mission types, destructible fortifications during sieges and many more improvements and additions!

All previous owners of Caribbean! will receive a free copy of Blood & Gold: Caribbean!. The original game will still be accessible to current owners, but saved games will NOT be compatible with the new version.

Fill your rum diaries with hand-made swashbuckling adventures in <span class="bold">Blood &amp; Gold: Caribbean</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. Plunder it with a 10% discount that will last until December 17, 4:59 PM GMT.
Ixamyakxim: I've *heard* there were even a few later Sea Dogs releases (after PoTC) and I really, REALLY want them to end up here someday (assuming they really exist).
Grargar: They do exist.

Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales
Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships
Awesome thank you so much! THAT'S why I couldn't find them. Like I said, I had heard about them and THOUGHT I even managed to track down some screenshots for them - but the last time I went looking I couldn't find a trace of them. So they were sold under the "Age of Pirates" moniker - but they're just a rename of Sea Dogs? Those are single player games yes? I also thought I heard of an MMO called Age of Pirates - I'm guessing those two above are the single player games while the MMO is just "in the same world" so it keeps the name?

Anyway, sorry to derail Caribbean devs (keep up the good work / support for your game - we need more Pirate RPGs! ;) ). But I had to figure this out LOL.
Ixamyakxim: Awesome thank you so much! THAT'S why I couldn't find them. Like I said, I had heard about them and THOUGHT I even managed to track down some screenshots for them - but the last time I went looking I couldn't find a trace of them. So they were sold under the "Age of Pirates" moniker - but they're just a rename of Sea Dogs? Those are single player games yes? I also thought I heard of an MMO called Age of Pirates - I'm guessing those two above are the single player games while the MMO is just "in the same world" so it keeps the name?
Yes, both Age of Pirates games are single-player affairs. The MMO you are referring to is probably this one.

As for why neither of them is called Sea Dogs, I'd guess that there were legal issues with the original western publisher of the first two games (Bethesda), which forced them to use a different name for the western releases.
Socratatus: It`s a good game. Still a little buggy though. Graphics don`t seem much better than previous versions. I started as a retired officer male. Didn`t have a problem with the face creation sliders. Biggest disappointment is probably the ship cannon battles, but the actually ship-boarding is quite good. I enjoy visiting the tavern and playing cards, cheating and getting caught is actually quite fun as the whole tavern breaks out into a major fight with tables and chairs and you`re banned for a while.

Oh yea and don`t start as a poor person unless you want a very hard game. starting as a retired Ofiicer is easier. that said, the game can still punish you, especially if you play iron-man mode as i`ve been caught and made a slave several times and if you try to escape and fail they will sometimes hamstring you meaning you lose 1 strength or agility permanantly. Not as real as reality, but real enough!

A bug exists in the cotton fields when you are captured that sometimes guards will keep attacking each other!

I wrote a whole review on this, but as usual GOG is not showing any other reviews except the first one.

theGhostChili: I'd like to try it out, but the damn thing won't launch. The system requirements are met, and I have reinstalled it a few times and everything seems to be in order, but when I click the "PLAY" button on Galaxy, nothing happens. It seems to be running in the background though, but it's not showing on task manager etc. I have also tried launching it from the folder. I've never had any problems with GOG games before. Any ideas what might cause it?
Socratatus: Just asking in case, but are you running it in Windows 64 bit?
Yes, and I already solved the problem :)
Ixamyakxim: Awesome thank you so much! THAT'S why I couldn't find them. Like I said, I had heard about them and THOUGHT I even managed to track down some screenshots for them - but the last time I went looking I couldn't find a trace of them. So they were sold under the "Age of Pirates" moniker - but they're just a rename of Sea Dogs? Those are single player games yes? I also thought I heard of an MMO called Age of Pirates - I'm guessing those two above are the single player games while the MMO is just "in the same world" so it keeps the name?
Grargar: Yes, both Age of Pirates games are single-player affairs. The MMO you are referring to is probably this one.

As for why neither of them is called Sea Dogs, I'd guess that there were legal issues with the original western publisher of the first two games (Bethesda), which forced them to use a different name for the western releases.
Let's not forget that [url=http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:B3TQb7pP1fcJ:store.steampowered.com/app/223330/%3Fl%3Drussian%26cc%3Dru+&cd=1&hl=pt-BR&ct=clnk&gl=br]this babe[/url] is heading the west asap, so the devs says. Finally!
vicklemos: Let's not forget that [url=http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:B3TQb7pP1fcJ:store.steampowered.com/app/223330/%3Fl%3Drussian%26cc%3Dru+&cd=1&hl=pt-BR&ct=clnk&gl=br]this babe[/url] is heading the west asap, so the devs says. Finally!
Hey excellent thanks for that! I did a search for the App Number (223330) and it pulled up the Steam Site - had no clue this one existed! Hopefully they all end up here soon soon soon! Is it a sequel? Expansion? The page was a bit broken so I couldn't quite tell - I was going by a few of the reviews.
vicklemos: Let's not forget that [url=http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:B3TQb7pP1fcJ:store.steampowered.com/app/223330/%3Fl%3Drussian%26cc%3Dru+&cd=1&hl=pt-BR&ct=clnk&gl=br]this babe[/url] is heading the west asap, so the devs says. Finally!
Ixamyakxim: Hey excellent thanks for that! I did a search for the App Number (223330) and it pulled up the Steam Site - had no clue this one existed! Hopefully they all end up here soon soon soon! Is it a sequel? Expansion? The page was a bit broken so I couldn't quite tell - I was going by a few of the reviews.
Howdy! Glad you liked it, man. Yep, it's a sequel, since there are others Korsary games out there (Sea Dogs, for instance). Page totally broken for non-russians :P
how does this game compare to pirates of the burning sea?