It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The pirate you were meant to be.

<span class="bold">Blood &amp; Gold: Caribbean</span>, a free-roaming plunderer simulation, now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

Did blood start flowing after the lust of gold put men's hearts afire, or was it the other way around? Ah, don't bother yer noggins with such nonsense, me laddies, for Blood & Gold will always find a way to cross paths, whether on land or at sea.

Especially in the Caribbean, where every man is free to carve his own path and make his own fortune, either as a businessman or a cutthroat (but aren't those unnervingly similar?). Blood & Gold is a bold reimagining of the open-world strategy/RPG, containing new features and updated gameplay that will make your pirating exploits even more memorable. Put together a fleet to plunder the seven seas, crush these spineless landlubbers on solid ground or rule the islands as a shrewd businessman. Blood & Gold: Caribbean! brings the Native tribes for expanded troop variety, an all new blackjack minigame, the ability to play as a female character, new mission types, destructible fortifications during sieges and many more improvements and additions!

All previous owners of Caribbean! will receive a free copy of Blood & Gold: Caribbean!. The original game will still be accessible to current owners, but saved games will NOT be compatible with the new version.

Fill your rum diaries with hand-made swashbuckling adventures in <span class="bold">Blood &amp; Gold: Caribbean</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. Plunder it with a 10% discount that will last until December 17, 4:59 PM GMT.
phaolo: So, it's true that Gog supports piracy! Confirmed! :P
Grargar: Old news...
One wasn't enough, but now they have passed the limit :P
phaolo: One wasn't enough, but now they have passed the limit :P
One? :P
JMich: Lies, they have NEVER condoned piracy!
Wait, who's that guy? XD

phaolo: One wasn't enough, but now they have passed the limit :P
Grargar: One? :P
I didn't say how much was the limit, only that it is now :P
Post edited December 11, 2015 by phaolo
Looks great, you can read some of the changes and features here http://snowbirdgames.com/blog/?cat=11
IAmSinistar: I do like having those rare titles on my shelf that cannot be acquired later.
budejovice: I bought it just a few weeks ago anticipating this. If something similar happens in the future I'll try to remember to ping you. :)
I'd be pleased to be on the same list :D
budejovice: I bought it just a few weeks ago anticipating this. If something similar happens in the future I'll try to remember to ping you. :)
foxworks: I'd be pleased to be on the same list :D
Will do! Sorry I didn't even think about it this time... :(
foxworks: I'd be pleased to be on the same list :D
budejovice: Will do! Sorry I didn't even think about it this time... :(
No need to apologize :D
IAmSinistar: I do like having those rare titles on my shelf that cannot be acquired later.
I saw your post in the "What did just update?" thread yesterday, rushed to put it in my cart and check out, then thought to myself I won't, and indeed did not. One more game added to my list of gone and unowned (current number = 8).
Post edited December 11, 2015 by mrkgnao
yyahoo: I was surprised to find that I did not own this game. It's been on GOG since near the beginning of the year. Surely it must have received a nice discount at some point in time when I would have picked it up... Or not. It had a release discount of 25% and has been full price ever since. Interesting. Even more interesting, this second go around, the release discount is only 10%. {shrug}
The February release discount had been 15%, not 25%.
yyahoo: I was surprised to find that I did not own this game. It's been on GOG since near the beginning of the year. Surely it must have received a nice discount at some point in time when I would have picked it up... Or not. It had a release discount of 25% and has been full price ever since. Interesting. Even more interesting, this second go around, the release discount is only 10%. {shrug}
The original Caribbean was received so poorly when it launched that the devs quickly decided that throwing it out and remaking it was a better option to just patching it into functionality. Under those circumstances, I can't blame them for not wanting to do a big promotional push with the old buggy version.

Whether the new version is an improvement remains to be seen. I have hope, but I'd rather let others test the ground before I venture into the minefield. I got burned on the last game I bought too early for reviews to be out...
catpower1980: I didn't have the time yet to play the previous Mount&Blade games but I think I could begin with this one as I love the setting and the fact that you can play as a woman.
Tannath: You could do that already with M&B: Warband (at least, I haven't played the others)
Interesting, then maybe I'll play it before I can afford this Blood&Carribean ;)
Maybe I saw and mentally discounted the original game. I just don't remember the release at all. So I guess if we buy this version of the game now we don't get the original just for horror / self punishment fetishes :)
Tannath: You could do that already with M&B: Warband (at least, I haven't played the others)
catpower1980: Interesting, then maybe I'll play it before I can afford this Blood&Carribean ;)
There's a catch though. The game treats male and female players differently, it's harder playing as female. The devs intended the game to reflect historical gender discrimination during the medieval times, I guess? You can read the main differences here. I think there is a mod to remove most (all?) of these.
mrkgnao: The February release discount had been 15%, not 25%.
My bad. The base was 15%. It was only 25% if you also owned both Mount & Blade Warband and Mount & Blade With Fire and Sword on GOG...
Looks interesting :)