It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oh she's definitely in the right castle.

Battle Princess Madelyn is now available DRM-free.

Are you afraid of ghosts and goblins? Well Princess Madelyn sure ain't! After a jerk wizard zaps her beloved dog into a ghostly afterlife, she dons her armor, picks up her lance and sets off to kick evil's butt, no matter the platform it sits on!
HPGKris: I'm Kris, one of the team at Hound Picked Games. We've been working with Causal Bit Games on this game since prior to the Kickstarter campaign and co-published the title with them.

If you have any questions etc. please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Questions for you:

1. Why does this game have Achievements on Steam, but not on GOG Galaxy also?

2. In order so that the game becomes equal across the Steam and GOG platforms, will Achievements be added to the GOG Galaxy version?
My only gripe with the game are the cinematic cutscenes I'm really not a fan of this new school cartoon style that kids watch nowadays. I would have prefered cutscenes with this style of animation:

https://i.postimg.cc/fTfy0MSV/7514ced60e74fc952d9d5e8c917a01b2-original.png

Still, if this is the only negative part I got so far, it's a good thing.
Attachments:
pic.png (378 Kb)
Post edited December 07, 2018 by the_importer
Loger13: Please, could you stop drifting from one topic to another with complaining about your illnesses?
This is not a medical forum, and reading about your motion sickness for the 100500th time is very annoying.

Try to discuss really about games, and not about the reactions of your body to them. For a change.
gamesfreak64: well i changed the text, go check it..... i really would not want to upset anyone .... so again please please forgive me

(︶︹︺)
You don't need to apologize. This is a real problem, it really bothers you, affects your choice of games, and it is clear why you often mention it - this is a normal reaction.
But the posts become monotonous in meaning and I just want the posts to be more about the games themselves.
Gixer: I just wanted to say that this game doesn't appear on the new game list here on gog. It was just by mere coincidence that I saw this game ( which will be wishlisted after this) thanks to the news section at the bottom of the website.
That is very strange, it was definitely there yesterday as we checked a few times during the day.

I'll ask the GOG Team about this and get them to look into it.

Thanks for letting me know. :)
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Questions for you:

1. Why does this game have Achievements on Steam, but not on GOG Galaxy also?

2. In order so that the game becomes equal across the Steam and GOG platforms, will Achievements be added to the GOG Galaxy version?
The simple answer is, we didn't have time. We were only approved for GOG a few hours prior to launch and as such the development team were already stacked with the pre-launch build up. When they have finished with some patches (which are being uploaded to GOG at the same time as Steam, so total fairness across both store fronts), we'll have a chat with the team about getting the Achievements over here too.

Keep in the mind the development team are two people plus Maddi herself. So two and a half if you will. ;)
the_importer: My only gripe with the game are the cinematic cutscenes I'm really not a fan of this new school cartoon style that kids watch nowadays. I would have prefered cutscenes with this style of animation:

https://i.postimg.cc/fTfy0MSV/7514ced60e74fc952d9d5e8c917a01b2-original.png

Still, if this is the only negative part I got so far, it's a good thing.
Hey - I am sorry you don't like the new style of animation. Obviously Battle Princess Madelyn was a love letter to classic titles, whilst adding in a more modern twist thanks to the input of Maddi herself. :)

But like you say, if that is your only gripe, we're very happy with that!
Post edited December 07, 2018 by HPGKris
HPGKris: Hey - I am sorry you don't like the new style of animation. Obviously Battle Princess Madelyn was a love letter to classic titles, whilst adding in a more modern twist thanks to the input of Maddi herself. :)

But like you say, if that is your only gripe, we're very happy with that!
That's alright, it's just that this concept art that I posted was so great that I was expecting it in the final game. Anyway, if you have anymore Kickstarters on the horizon with plans to publish on GOG, let us know.
This is a lovely game: a wonderful homage to the masterpiece "Ghosts 'n Goblins".

It reminds me of Locomalito's Cursed Castilla, which is another little gem that, in my opinion, deserves to be published here (wishlist entry).
dr.schliemann: This is a lovely game: a wonderful homage to the masterpiece "Ghosts 'n Goblins".

It reminds me of Locomalito's Cursed Castilla, which is another little gem that, in my opinion, deserves to be published here (wishlist entry).
Thank you for the kinds words :D

And we agree with Cursed Castilla. I just wish-listed it too ;)
Themken: I am with BeatriceElysia here, not everyone owns a controller or three.
I agree, i had one very basic controller, or joypad or whatever they call it today, it was a simple basic controller, 9.99 bucks ,no fancy stuff.
Anyway that was with my first PC, lateron i dumped the pad when i got a new PC, all i use nowadays are the keyboard and mouse.
gamesfreak64: well i changed the text, go check it..... i really would not want to upset anyone .... so again please please forgive me

(︶︹︺)
Loger13: You don't need to apologize. This is a real problem, it really bothers you, affects your choice of games, and it is clear why you often mention it - this is a normal reaction.
But the posts become monotonous in meaning and I just want the posts to be more about the games themselves.
I understand that.... .

About the " I just want the posts to be more about the games themselves "
i assume you mean the game, how it plays what it looks like, the story the characters .... cause there is a 2nd side: and that is more technically:

1) how many bugs has it ?
2) how well does it run on the min req. system ( this refers to the way the code is build : eg : is it memory hungry? does it strain the CPU?
and there is more ... too much to list them all

.So i assume you mean the good parts you love to talk about, which i can understand, but you see good and bad happy and sad are always paired , you cannot seperate them and talk only about the colourful happy parts of life and happy gaming, you will meet some negative parts of gaming and about life for that matter.

Anyway i hope you agree that we cannot live in a pink bubble , even with games people cant always be positive, and negative reviews about any games will be given, trust me, i can handle any review they give on any movie show, game whatever cause i am the one who buys the product, and magazines and forums are only a very small part and are like advisors, i will always take the final decision to buy a game , video, dvd or whatever products, cause i am the one who has to like that movie or video or game, and what others say are usefull tips.
Post edited December 08, 2018 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: I understand that.... .

About the " I just want the posts to be more about the games themselves "
i assume you mean the game, how it plays what it looks like, the story the characters .... cause there is a 2nd side: and that is more technically:

1) how many bugs has it ?
2) how well does it run on the min req. system ( this refers to the way the code is build : eg : is it memory hungry? does it strain the CPU?
and there is more ... too much to list them all
I mean about games themselves. It includes and art part, and technical. Not about forum members diseases that interfere playing these games (no matter if you think it is a pink bubble or not).
Post edited December 08, 2018 by Loger13
dr.schliemann: This is a lovely game: a wonderful homage to the masterpiece "Ghosts 'n Goblins".

This seems to be an updated version of his free game Maldita Castilla...?

HPGKris: Thank you for the kinds words :D

And we agree with Cursed Castilla. I just wish-listed it too ;)
The Castilla protagonist is probably a relative of Princess Madelyn :D I haven't bought your game yet but it's on my wishlist. Not waiting for a 80% discount, there's just too much other stuff in my library and too little time right now. From the screenshots it looks really cool! My only minor complaint about the graphics is the blurred backgrounds (I have some experience with pixel-art myself and am just not too fond of such filters). Other than that, all fine (including cartoon cutscenes). And Gryzor87 music is yet another plus for me. Definitely looking forward to playing it at some point... just hoping it's not as difficult as Ghouls 'n Ghosts :D
dr.schliemann: It reminds me of Locomalito's Cursed Castilla, which is another little gem that, in my opinion, deserves to be published here (wishlist entry).
Dillerkind: This seems to be an updated version of his free game Maldita Castilla...?
It is. It's an extended version which adds two new chapters along with new weapons, enemies and bosses. And, above all, it let people support the work of the talented indie developer Locomalito.
dr.schliemann: It is. It's an extended version which adds two new chapters along with new weapons, enemies and bosses. And, above all, it let people support the work of the talented indie developer Locomalito.
I see. Thanks for the info. I haven't played his games much (Hydorah mostly) but they definitely looked and felt a lot more polished than most of what you could play back then - in the "good old days" where people were still making games just for the fun of it (including myself) and not every n00b was trying to get rich selling his first crappy game project :D
HPGKris: The simple answer is, we didn't have time. We were only approved for GOG a few hours prior to launch and as such the development team were already stacked with the pre-launch build up. When they have finished with some patches (which are being uploaded to GOG at the same time as Steam, so total fairness across both store fronts), we'll have a chat with the team about getting the Achievements over here too.

Keep in the mind the development team are two people plus Maddi herself. So two and a half if you will. ;)
Congratulations for this release!

+1 for the addition of GOG Galaxy achievements, take your time, but please add them!
Why was the game removed from the GOG store?
Bigghu: Why was the game removed from the GOG store?
Publishing issues, apparently:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/removing_battle_princess_madelyn_from_our_catalogue/post14