It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Classical music.

The timeless soundtracks from Baldur's Gate EE, Baldur's Gate II EE, <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span>, and Icewind Dale EE are now available for purchase, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 66% launch discount.

As a huge part of their undying charm, the soundtracks for these RPG classics deserve a place in every fan's playlist, even more so after getting enriched for the purposes of their Enhanced Editions.

- <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate EE OST</span> includes 33 of Michael Honig's haunting themes, plus 7 new ones composed by Sam Hulick.

- <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate II EE OST</span>: A massive game needs a massive soundtrack. There are 66 tracks here, composed by Michael Honig, Iron Zur, and Howard Drossin for the original game and Throne of Bhaal, plus 15 new ones provided once again by Sam Hulick.

- <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear OST</span> is made up of 21 tracks composed exclusively by Sam Hulick to accompany the story that bridges the gap between the events of the original BG and Shadows of Amn.

- <span class="bold">Icewind Dale EE OST</span> brings all 51 tracks composed by the legendary Jeremy Soule for this combat-heavy entry in the Forgotten Realms saga. The main theme alone will get you battle-ready in no time.

The 66% discount will last until July 4, 1PM UTC.
Incidentally, <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate EE</span>, <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate II EE</span>, and <span class="bold">Icewind Dale EE</span> are on discount right now in our grand <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 20</span>.
synfresh: I dunno, the only people I see pissed off are those who already own the game but yet are mad that the originals are still not for sale.

If I'm a brand new customer who's never heard of Baldur's gate before and I go to GoG and see both Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition for sale, how am I to know which one to buy? It's a serious question.
Hickory: Then you (and Beamdog) don't understand the Baldur's Gate community. I have owned and played the originals for years, and I was stoked that there was an enhanced edition coming out. To say I became increasingly displeased at Beamdog almost from the beginning would be an understatement. There is, and has always been, a huge BG following. Had Beamdog got it right their product would be bullet proof. As it stands their potential customer base has plummeted. Do you really believe that new "ooh, shiny" customers will sustain this product? It doesn't have the same wow factor that the originals did. The situation speaks for itself.
You didn't answer my question though. For those that are saying keep the original for sale, if I'm a new customer and I see both products up there, how do I know which one to buy?
synfresh: As far as the Fallout's were concerned, I seem to remember Bethesda did pull the original Interplay titles from all stores and rebranded them and put those on sale. I don't think it was related to fallout 3 but it's not like they let the Interplay titles sit in stores along with the Bethesda branded titles.
Just as a point of note: the situation here was different. Interplay lost the rights to the Fallout franchise, so that's why they were pulled from sale. Once GOG got an agreement/licensing deal with Bethesda, they re-appeared for sale here (albeit, somewhat stripped down compared to the original offerings).
Stig79: A- Yes. The classics were outselling the EE versions. Both versions were selling though. Smarter to have 2 incomes than just 1.

B - The consumers did decide. See point A. Beamdog removed the option, so if you now want to buy Black Isle's version of Baldur's Gate you can't. You need to buy Beamdog's product, which is more expensive, to get it. Bethesda didn't bundle Fallout 1 and 2 with 3 either. If you want to buy Fallout 2 you can. No need to buy 3 or 4 in order to get 1 or 2. Big difference.

It is not entitlement when a company forces you to buy their product if you want a different product. Customers are allowed to say their piece about a rotten service.
synfresh: Of course their allowed to say their piece, but a company also has the right to sell what they want and don't want. That's what buying a license gets you. You keep saying the classics were outselling the EE"s once they were released, do you have a notation for that, sales of the EE's across all platforms vs. the classic games?

As far as the Fallout's were concerned, I seem to remember Bethesda did pull the original Interplay titles from all stores and rebranded them and put those on sale. I don't think it was related to fallout 3 but it's not like they let the Interplay titles sit in stores along with the Bethesda branded titles.
Someone posted some info about the sales in a different thread. The EEs were behind by a mile. I am not going to go look for the quote\link though. Don't have the time. Just looking at the reviews of the EE games should give you enough info anyway. A lot of the negative ones make a point out of praising the classics.

Yeah they did rebrand the fallout games, I believe. And sold them again later for exactly the same price. This is a far cry from what Beamdog did. They made sure the classics are only available if you buy their more expensive (and buggy) versions.

But as you say. They have every right to sell the games as they see fit. People aren't disputing that bit I think. The issue is how the classics are being sold, not how the EEs are being sold.

This has been a huge complaint for over a year now. Neither Hasbro or Beamdog has made any attempt at unbundling the games. That says a lot, doesn't it?
Hickory: Then you (and Beamdog) don't understand the Baldur's Gate community. I have owned and played the originals for years, and I was stoked that there was an enhanced edition coming out. To say I became increasingly displeased at Beamdog almost from the beginning would be an understatement. There is, and has always been, a huge BG following. Had Beamdog got it right their product would be bullet proof. As it stands their potential customer base has plummeted. Do you really believe that new "ooh, shiny" customers will sustain this product? It doesn't have the same wow factor that the originals did. The situation speaks for itself.
synfresh: You didn't answer my question though. For those that are saying keep the original for sale, if I'm a new customer and I see both products up there, how do I know which one to buy?
You buy the one that says "Original Saga" not the one who says "enhanced Edition". The Original Saga would be the one with the highest score too. I believe it had a solid 5/5. The EE version has 3/5 I think.
Hickory: There's business decisions and there's business strategy. Making a bad decision that alienates your customers negatively affects sales far worse in the long run, and is very bad for your company image. People want choice. They don't want to be told what they can and cannot purchase. If Beamdog can't see that, more fool them.
synfresh: Who exactly is it alienating, the 3 people that still don't own the infinity engine games after 17 years? It was mentioned earlier in the post, but the EE's target audience isn't original customers of the games.
May own the game on disc, but the discs don't work anymore, for example. Others might not have gotten around to buying the classics (seen a few of those on here actually) yet either. Because they just believed they would stay in the store. They were unbundled for a long while, you know. The bundling happened without any warning whatsoever.
Others might be new to gog. Some might even have had to put the purchase off for financial reasons. Lots of reasons, really.
Post edited July 01, 2017 by Stig79
synfresh: For those that are saying keep the original for sale, if I'm a new customer and I see both products up there, how do I know which one to buy?
First, new customers has nothing to do with the furore over this. By asking that question you are completely missing the point. But since you insist, the answer is simple: the same way anybody decides what to buy in any given situation. Don't fog the issue with red herrings.
high rated
synfresh: You didn't answer my question though. For those that are saying keep the original for sale, if I'm a new customer and I see both products up there, how do I know which one to buy?
... You read about it and decide? Frankly if someone can't read about two versions of Baldur's Gate then he probably won't like the game as he failed his Intelligence check.
Post edited July 01, 2017 by Nightblair
high rated
A new customer would very likely buy the Enchanced Edition, because it says Enhanced in the title, it's newer, and your average person will go for that.

So that would work in Beamdog's favour, actually.

If they managed to soil their reputation such that even your average gamer will know to avoid them, it's no one's fault but their own.

Their handling of EVERYTHING has been the most entitled & worst way possible. Yes, game companies/developers can act entitled too. It's not just gamers.

The rest of is not a reply to your post.

========================================================================================

I chuckled when I read the post that compared EA favourably to Beamdog, because at this point, that's true. EA ruins franchises & game developers, that's true, but their motives are capitalistic greed, it's never personal.

Beamdog has been personal towards their own customers, several times.

At this point, if anyone from Beamdog, past or present, told me I was on fire, even if I looked down and saw the flames AND felt the heat searing my flesh, I would still be doubtful.

Honestly, all they had to do was upgrade the games, avoid unnecessary changes & kept their fucking mouths shut about their own personal/political opinions & they'd be heroes.

The fact they managed to screw up a basically fool proof venture speaks volumes about their astounding incompetence & unwarranted arrogance.
Dalthnock: A new customer would very likely buy the Enchanced Edition, because it says Enhanced in the title, it's newer, and your average person will go for that.

So that would work in Beamdog's favour, actually.

If they managed to soil their reputation such that even your average gamer will know to avoid them, it's no one's fault but their own.

Their handling of EVERYTHING has been the most entitled & worst way possible. Yes, game companies/developers can act entitled too. It's not just gamers.

The rest of is not a reply to your post.

========================================================================================

I chuckled when I read the post that compared EA favourably to Beamdog, because at this point, that's true. EA ruins franchises & game developers, that's true, but their motives are capitalistic greed, it's never personal.

Beamdog has been personal towards their own customers, several times.

At this point, if anyone from Beamdog, past or present, told me I was on fire, even if I looked down and saw the flames AND felt the heat searing my flesh, I would still be doubtful.

Honestly, all they had to do was upgrade the games, avoid unnecessary changes & kept their fucking mouths shut about their own personal/political opinions & they'd be heroes.

The fact they managed to screw up a basically fool proof venture speaks volumes about their astounding incompetence & unwarranted arrogance.
You hit the nail on the head, Mister. Critical Hit.
Dalthnock: Honestly, all they had to do was upgrade the games, avoid unnecessary changes & kept their fucking mouths shut about their own personal/political opinions & they'd be heroes.
Some would say that they did just that with Enhanced editions of Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment so I guess they learned something and there is some room for optimism. Maybe ;)
krakataul: I guess they learned something and there is some room for optimism. Maybe ;)
Don't bank on it. Watch this space...
high rated
synfresh: Gamers, in particular PC gamers always have this sense of entitlement. Nobody is entitled to anything, other than the games you purchased.
Having expectations as to a certain standard of quality isn't unwarranted entitlement.

Perpetuating lines of trash like this is what leads to progressively lowered standards.
https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/regarding_the_removal_of_the_original_ie_games_from_sale_on_gog

Beamdog have nothing to do with how the games + soundtracks are sold, do they?

Well they just made a statement about it. That should shut up a few voices in this thread claiming Beamdog had no say in it....
The_Gypsy: That's counter to this:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/70VXNO0.jpg[/img]

Is Throne of Bhaal even from a lossless source? I believe that PS:T saw a foreign release with the soundtrack, making FLAC is plausible. ToB has no such release to my knowledge and the source materials were all supposedly lost so....?
juliusborisov: That is not a counter. Stig79 quoted my post from the Beamdog forum about OSTs sold in the Beamdog store. That post can't be interpreted about anything else other than the Beamdog store.

Beamdog can't influence how GoG sells products in its store.
https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/regarding_the_removal_of_the_original_ie_games_from_sale_on_gog

Beamdog says quite the opposite. Maybe you should stop telling lies now?
Post edited July 12, 2017 by Stig79
GR00T: The complaint is with Beamdog's practices: the BG original games were sold with the soundtrack included. Then, when the EE editions appeared, the originals were yanked a bit later and no soundtrack was included with the EEs (although you get the originals if you purchase the EEs). Now, suddenly the soundtracks appear for sale separately.

Couple that with the fact that you don't even get a copy of the original Planescape Torment with the purchase of the EE, and you can see what Beamdog has been systematically doing with the old IE games.
juliusborisov: Beamdog are responsible only for EEs. The way original games and their extras are distributed in another store (GoG) are out of their reach.
https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/regarding_the_removal_of_the_original_ie_games_from_sale_on_gog/page1

How does it feel to be caught lying? You guys at Bemadog really have no shame.
Post edited July 13, 2017 by Lebesgue
RadonGOG: Well, on the one hand it is GOOD that these aren´t exclusive to Beamdogs own store anymore...
...on the other hand it´s BAD that these aren´t included in the game packages anyways.

Well, I´ll continue using the old, low-bitrate soundtracks for a while and eventually pick these ones here up once they went on 90% off.
juliusborisov: They haven't been exclusive to the Beamdog store. Before, they had been available on Steam. The Beamdog store added them yesterday, the GoG store - today.
Thanks for clarification.