It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Classical music.

The timeless soundtracks from Baldur's Gate EE, Baldur's Gate II EE, <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span>, and Icewind Dale EE are now available for purchase, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 66% launch discount.

As a huge part of their undying charm, the soundtracks for these RPG classics deserve a place in every fan's playlist, even more so after getting enriched for the purposes of their Enhanced Editions.

- <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate EE OST</span> includes 33 of Michael Honig's haunting themes, plus 7 new ones composed by Sam Hulick.

- <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate II EE OST</span>: A massive game needs a massive soundtrack. There are 66 tracks here, composed by Michael Honig, Iron Zur, and Howard Drossin for the original game and Throne of Bhaal, plus 15 new ones provided once again by Sam Hulick.

- <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear OST</span> is made up of 21 tracks composed exclusively by Sam Hulick to accompany the story that bridges the gap between the events of the original BG and Shadows of Amn.

- <span class="bold">Icewind Dale EE OST</span> brings all 51 tracks composed by the legendary Jeremy Soule for this combat-heavy entry in the Forgotten Realms saga. The main theme alone will get you battle-ready in no time.

The 66% discount will last until July 4, 1PM UTC.
Incidentally, <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate EE</span>, <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate II EE</span>, and <span class="bold">Icewind Dale EE</span> are on discount right now in our grand <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 20</span>.
<removed>
Post edited January 11, 2021 by rentvatten
Sashh: So you are saying Beamdog held a gun to the GOG's head and forced them to sign or else? I don't think it works that way.
No, But HASBRO could have said "you can sign our agreement or we'll pull several of your best selling games from the shelf and you'll get nothing to replace them with." Making some of the money is indeed better than making none of the money.
SpiderFighter: What trouble are you experiencing? I've just listened to it in all its 320kbs glory, and I can't find any fault with it.
Blackbot: The very first track is missing the very first notes. Instead of an epic "BA-DAAAA-DAMM-DAMM" it starts right with a "AAAA-DAMM-DAMM". Don't know how to describe it any better.
Ah, now I hear it. It's only the first chord that's missing. WTH?? I've never seen anything like this.

How it should sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U88zyFLzIXQ
Another example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjnme1jXpM

How this release sounds (first chord missing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfPd1UviYDE

And then, just because it's badass, here's a classical guitar arrangement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c2-R5lx6-E
Post edited June 29, 2017 by SpiderFighter
Stig79: I was pointing out your strawman argument. No need to be confrontational.
paladin181: It wasn't a straw man. I never attempted to invalidate your argument. You're reading too much into it. Your point stands quite well on it's own merit. I never claimed it didn't. Your accusation of a straw man, is, ironically enough a straw man of your own. You created an argument where there was none. Your facts were wrong, but they were ancillary to the point, therefore, your point is unhindered. I'm really out of ways to say YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT CDPR OWNING GOG. I WAS NOT ARGUING AGAINST ANY OTHER PART OF YOUR STATEMENT.
The same company still owns both GoG and The Witcher franchise. That was my point.

So why doesn't said company charge extra for the soundtracks they own? When they "clearly" are the ones doing that are selling the BG soundtracks separately now. Weird behavior.
paladin181: It wasn't a straw man. I never attempted to invalidate your argument. You're reading too much into it. Your point stands quite well on it's own merit. I never claimed it didn't. Your accusation of a straw man, is, ironically enough a straw man of your own. You created an argument where there was none. Your facts were wrong, but they were ancillary to the point, therefore, your point is unhindered. I'm really out of ways to say YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT CDPR OWNING GOG. I WAS NOT ARGUING AGAINST ANY OTHER PART OF YOUR STATEMENT.
Stig79: The same company still owns both GoG and The Witcher franchise. That was my point.

So why doesn't said company charge extra for the soundtracks they own? When they "clearly" are the ones doing that are selling the BG soundtracks separately now. Weird behavior.
During this whole debate you made some good points, but I don't understand why are you insisting that soundtrack of a game(s) shouldn't be sold separately? There are at least couple of dozen games on GOG with separate soundtracks - Transistor, Orwell. Satellite Reign, Homeworld, Banner Saga... Or did I understand something wrong?
krakataul: During this whole debate you made some good points, but I don't understand why are you insisting that soundtrack of a game(s) shouldn't be sold separately? There are at least couple of dozen games on GOG with separate soundtracks - Transistor, Orwell. Satellite Reign, Homeworld, Banner Saga... Or did I understand something wrong?
The complaint is with Beamdog's practices: the BG original games were sold with the soundtrack included. Then, when the EE editions appeared, the originals were yanked a bit later and no soundtrack was included with the EEs (although you get the originals if you purchase the EEs). Now, suddenly the soundtracks appear for sale separately.

Couple that with the fact that you don't even get a copy of the original Planescape Torment with the purchase of the EE, and you can see what Beamdog has been systematically doing with the old IE games.

On a side note, while there are indeed a number of games that have their soundtracks (and other goodies) for sale separately, this didn't used to be the case on GOG. Goodies used to be included with the purchase of the games, and was, in fact, one of GOG's selling points. So there's also a shift in what GOG is willing to compromise in order to offer games for sale.

But yeah, the Beamdog insistence on monetizing everything they possibly can with the EEs of the old IE games, is the biggest complaint here.
GR00T: Couple that with the fact that you don't even get a copy of the original Planescape Torment with the purchase of the EE, and you can see what Beamdog has been systematically doing with the old IE games.
You don't? But it says so on the store page. Or are you talking about that you don't get a gift code, but it gets added to the library, and if you already have it, you get nothing? Because that's what I just read.
Post edited June 29, 2017 by Pherim
krakataul: During this whole debate you made some good points, but I don't understand why are you insisting that soundtrack of a game(s) shouldn't be sold separately? There are at least couple of dozen games on GOG with separate soundtracks - Transistor, Orwell. Satellite Reign, Homeworld, Banner Saga... Or did I understand something wrong?
GR00T: The complaint is with Beamdog's practices: the BG original games were sold with the soundtrack included. Then, when the EE editions appeared, the originals were yanked a bit later and no soundtrack was included with the EEs (although you get the originals if you purchase the EEs). Now, suddenly the soundtracks appear for sale separately.

Couple that with the fact that you don't even get a copy of the original Planescape Torment with the purchase of the EE, and you can see what Beamdog has been systematically doing with the old IE games.
Beamdog are responsible only for EEs. The way original games and their extras are distributed in another store (GoG) are out of their reach.

Prior to this week, you couldn't buy EE soundtracks in the Beamdog store other than as a part of the Digital Deluxe Editions. And you couldn't buy EE soundtracks on GoG as well. GoG have been offering, and still do, gift codes for original games if you buy the EEs on GoG, these original games still come with original soundtracks.

EE soundtracks appeared for sale separately this week in the Beamdog store and on GoG, before they could be bought on Steam.

The part of "you don't even get a copy of the original Planescape Torment with the purchase of the EE" is not correct. You don't get an additional key for original PST if you buy PST:EE on GoG and already have PST on GoG. Again, this is another store's decision about distributing an original game, most likely made because of the contract with the rightholder of original games. If you buy PST:EE on GoG and don't have PST on GoG, you get a key for PST.
Post edited June 29, 2017 by juliusborisov
juliusborisov: The part of "you don't even get a copy of the original Planescape Torment with the purchase of the EE" is not correct. You don't get an additional key for original PST if you buy PST:EE on GoG and already have PST on GoG. Again, this is another store's decision about distributing an original game, most likely made because of the contract with the rightholder of original games. If you buy PST:EE on GoG and don't have PST on GoG, you get a key for PST.
My bad, I inadvertently misrepresented my meaning: I meant to indicate if you already own the original PST, you don't get an extra copy like you do with the BG games.

But I don't buy the assertion that this is GOG's decision, sorry.
synfresh: GoG can only give stuff away for free if they are allowed to by the publisher/developer. GoG has no say in this. This is what happens when you sign contracts. The contract says if you want to see the EE editions, you then have to sell the OST's at a later date. Simple cut and dry right there. Or don't sell the EE's at all.
Sashh: So you are saying Beamdog held a gun to the GOG's head and forced them to sign or else? I don't think it works that way.
No I don't think they held a gun to their head, I think it's a business decision. Do you sign the contract with parameters in order to sell the game or do you not sign the contract, allow all sales of these games to go to other outlets (steam) and on top of all that, offer no version of Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale in the store any more (it's not like they would still be allowed to sell the originals if they didn't sell the EE's)?
GR00T: Couple that with the fact that you don't even get a copy of the original Planescape Torment with the purchase of the EE, and you can see what Beamdog has been systematically doing with the old IE games.
Pherim: You don't? But it says so on the store page. Or are you talking about that you don't get a gift code, but it gets added to the library, and if you already have it, you get nothing? Because that's what I just read.
Yep, clarified after juliusborosov's post. I just explained myself wrong.
GR00T: On a side note, while there are indeed a number of games that have their soundtracks (and other goodies) for sale separately, this didn't used to be the case on GOG. Goodies used to be included with the purchase of the games, and was, in fact, one of GOG's selling points. So there's also a shift in what GOG is willing to compromise in order to offer games for sale.
Two weeks ago I said that this shift is part of the change that came up when GOG stopped being exclusively about old games.

I don't think GOG adopted this stance willingly. Unfortunately, they can't exactly change the industry by staying small, so they had to compromise on this.
But I don't want to start another debate on "how far is GOG going to abandon their principles?" I think there's a limit of up to 5 of these per week, so let's just not go there.
I don't listen to game soundtracks outside of games. Period. As such, I'm not opposed to selling soundtracks separately.

IF, and this is a big if here but, if, a company is going to charge me less for a game, and then sell the soundtrack separately as opposed to charging me more for the combo, I'm all for it. I'm never going to buy a soundtrack. I've never downloaded a soundtrack. I like saving money.

This definitely isn't what Beamdog's doing though. They're charging more for the game, and, selling the soundtrack separately.
Post edited June 29, 2017 by hummer010
high rated
juliusborisov: Beamdog are responsible only for EEs. The way original games and their extras are distributed in another store (GoG) are out of their reach.
The original BG games are ONLY included WITH a purchase of a Beamdog product. You cannot buy them digitally anywhere else online. Nobody... NOBODY is going to believe that Beamdog had no say in that.
juliusborisov: Beamdog are responsible only for EEs. The way original games and their extras are distributed in another store (GoG) are out of their reach.
Hickory: The original BG games are ONLY included WITH a purchase of a Beamdog product. You cannot buy them digitally anywhere else online. Nobody... NOBODY is going to believe that Beamdog had no say in that.
Especially since the decision to bundle the games came 3 weeks after the SoD fiasco where the CEO begged fans to boost the ratings with positive reviews.