It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Classical music.

The timeless soundtracks from Baldur's Gate EE, Baldur's Gate II EE, <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span>, and Icewind Dale EE are now available for purchase, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 66% launch discount.

As a huge part of their undying charm, the soundtracks for these RPG classics deserve a place in every fan's playlist, even more so after getting enriched for the purposes of their Enhanced Editions.

- <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate EE OST</span> includes 33 of Michael Honig's haunting themes, plus 7 new ones composed by Sam Hulick.

- <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate II EE OST</span>: A massive game needs a massive soundtrack. There are 66 tracks here, composed by Michael Honig, Iron Zur, and Howard Drossin for the original game and Throne of Bhaal, plus 15 new ones provided once again by Sam Hulick.

- <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear OST</span> is made up of 21 tracks composed exclusively by Sam Hulick to accompany the story that bridges the gap between the events of the original BG and Shadows of Amn.

- <span class="bold">Icewind Dale EE OST</span> brings all 51 tracks composed by the legendary Jeremy Soule for this combat-heavy entry in the Forgotten Realms saga. The main theme alone will get you battle-ready in no time.

The 66% discount will last until July 4, 1PM UTC.
Incidentally, <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate EE</span>, <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate II EE</span>, and <span class="bold">Icewind Dale EE</span> are on discount right now in our grand <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 20</span>.
I'm just going to download the original soundtracks for...reasons.
Is there a pointless release award?

Ophelium: I'm just going to download the original soundtracks for...reasons.
Not a bad idea at all.
Just so it's clear, the Siege of Dragonspear Digital Deluxe Edition already includes the BG EE and SoD soundtracks, correct?
And just when I thought Beamdog were trying to make amends for what they've done in the past...

I was actually considering buying Planescape: Torment EE, considering that it reportedly has no unnecessary added content, but after a stunt like this... I may want to reconsider that to avoid supporting Beamdog, after all.
Post edited June 28, 2017 by SGD1987
Stig79: Last year you got the soundtrack for free when you bought the classic game for 9 bucks or less. Now you get the soundtrack if you buy their 20-30 bucks EE game.
hummer010: I like you paint it as bad as possible for the EE's!

"$9 or less for the originals". It was $9.99USD regular price. No "or less" unless you bought it on sale.

$19.99USD for the EE's. Unless you buy them on sale. The BG EE's have been on sale for as little as $4.99USD. I think they were bundled on GOG once.
9 bucks or 9.9...massive mistake, right? A mistake of 9 cents completely debunks my point?

The EEs cost more than 19.99 when they came out. The price probably dropped since then.

My point still stands. The EEs are more expensive than the classics ever were and the classic also included the soundtrack.

Beamdog is charging the same price for the soundtrack as the classics + soundtrack cost.
well beamdog really wants me like to buy their future games from now on - NOT
Seraphim5683: Just so it's clear, the Siege of Dragonspear Digital Deluxe Edition already includes the BG EE and SoD soundtracks, correct?
Yes, you're correct, the Siege of Dragonspear Digital Deluxe Edition includes those two full soundtracks.

hummer010: I like you paint it as bad as possible for the EE's!

"$9 or less for the originals". It was $9.99USD regular price. No "or less" unless you bought it on sale.

$19.99USD for the EE's. Unless you buy them on sale. The BG EE's have been on sale for as little as $4.99USD. I think they were bundled on GOG once.
Stig79: The EEs cost more than 19.99 when they came out. The price probably dropped since then.
BG:EE and IWD:EE were priced at 19.99 from the very start. The price hasn't changed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-27-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-release-date-price-announced
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-22-icewind-dale-enhanced-edition-pc-mac-release-date-30th-october

BG2:EE was priced at 24.95 at the start.

https://www.vg247.com/2013/10/03/baldur%E2%80%99s-gate-2-enhanced-edition-available-now-for-pre-purchase-releases-next-month/
Seraphim5683: Just so it's clear, the Siege of Dragonspear Digital Deluxe Edition already includes the BG EE and SoD soundtracks, correct?
juliusborisov: Yes, you're correct, the Siege of Dragonspear Digital Deluxe Edition includes those two full soundtracks.

Stig79: The EEs cost more than 19.99 when they came out. The price probably dropped since then.
juliusborisov: BG:EE and IWD:EE were priced at 19.99 from the very start. The price hasn't changed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-27-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-release-date-price-announced
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-22-icewind-dale-enhanced-edition-pc-mac-release-date-30th-october

https://www.vg247.com/2013/10/03/baldur%E2%80%99s-gate-2-enhanced-edition-available-now-for-pre-purchase-releases-next-month/
My math skills are off then. I get the price in Norwegian Kroners, so I have to convert to "round about" the dollar value.

Still. Twice as much as the classic cost then. + another 10 if you want the soundtrack. Vs 10 bucks for the bug-free classic game + the soundtrack.

Stiff price considering the cheaper option has been removed.
Julius, if we started talking about prices then let me repeat my question, please:
Why Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is -50% on Steam Summer Sale and was only -20% on GOG Summer Sale? Beamdog is a publisher here and it is for sure your decision.
Vovchigus: Julius, if we started talking about prices then let me repeat my question, please:
Why Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is -50% on Steam Summer Sale and was only -20% on GOG Summer Sale? Beamdog is a publisher here and it is for sure your decision.
It is how things were agreed upon between parties. Not always the same conditions can be agreed upon with different stores. Negotiations are a tricky business.

Also, the Steam Sale has started later than the GoG Summer sale had ended, and the bigger discount has become possible later. After all, the GoG Summer sale offered SoD for 20% off for the first time ever, now Steam offers -50%, further lowering the price.
juliusborisov: Yes, you're correct, the Siege of Dragonspear Digital Deluxe Edition includes those two full soundtracks.

BG:EE and IWD:EE were priced at 19.99 from the very start. The price hasn't changed.

Stig79: My math skills are off then. I get the price in Norwegian Kroners, so I have to convert to "round about" the dollar value.

Still. Twice as much as the classic cost then. + another 10 if you want the soundtrack. Vs 10 bucks for the bug-free classic game + the soundtrack.

Stiff price considering the cheaper option has been removed.
I have nothing to add to what I said yesterday, re/removing of the "cheaper option".

As for the price higher for the EEs and for the EE OSTs if compared to original games's prices - people will always have different evaluations of how much the work on the EEs costs and whether the price is fair or not. There cannot be one winner in this dispute. 2 points of view can be read re/PST:EE starting from here - http://steamcommunity.com/app/466300/discussions/0/2592234299531032224/?tscn=1498582156#c2592234299542196311, for example.
Post edited June 28, 2017 by juliusborisov
Vythonaut: Fixed that for you. ;)
OdanUrr: And what an awesome fix that is! Although I can do you one better. ;-)
Never had the chance to watch that one. But it's on the backlog. ;)

Vythonaut: Fixed that for you. ;)
Stig79: I wouldn't be surprised if Stargate characters show up in Beamdog games.
Better leave that for NeocoreGames (Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing); these guys know how to do easter eggs. ;)
juliusborisov: As for the price higher for the EEs and for the EE OSTs if compared to original games's prices - people will always have different evaluations of how much the work on the EEs costs and whether the price is fair or not. There cannot be one winner in this dispute. 2 points of view can be read re/PST:EE starting from here -
i suppose.

except:

there is now no "choice" about which version to support.

the version without all the changes is now rolled into the version with changes. you can't buy them separately.

so, if i feel [and i do feel this quite strongly] that i'd like the original game without all the fixes, well...i'm screwed.

either i: seek out an older version on ebay or the like [and PRAY that i get what i pay for, because it's ebay] or i buy a version i'm NOT AT ALL INTERESTED IN so i can have the "luxury" of having the older version.

while you might argue that this is "a workable choice" [and while we might differ on what that really means] i beg to differ that it is not.

so, sure, i guess? run with the value proposition argument if you'd like, but it's not a particularly good argument in this case, because there is [essentially] no value proposition to be had given the way the ee has rolled up the original game and made it so i can't "get the version of the game" i most value.

[for the record, i feel this way about grim fandango/monkey island and all those other games that have "ee'd" themselves.]

belatedly and along the way: i didn't really want to insert myself into this conversation. i'm sorry. :(

also: and directly to julius: i /think/ you work for beamdog? if so, i'd appreciate it if you report these sentiments to the beamdog team: while i "appreciate" your work in bringing these classics to life [i kind of do and i sort of don't. it's very complicated :)] - i do not appreciate the way beamdog has consistently dealt with what /should/ be an audience who appreciates what you're up to, because they love these games. beamdog has - consistently - done super wonky things that keep alienating that core audience. these soundtracks? they're just one more layer on the weird layer-cake that is "how can we muddle through selling these classics, today?!"
Post edited June 28, 2017 by lostwolfe
The_Gypsy: I get that. What I'm asking is are the tracks legitimately lossless for ToB (and the unreleased ones too, I suppose)? FLAC can be had from a lossy source, after all.
juliusborisov: Yes. I've asked around - any FLAC files were sourced from the artists or created from CD OSTs.
Thank you for clarifying.

Vovchigus: Please, stop and change:
We truly love games that you happen to have a chance to "enhance" and it is the only reason you have our money. Stop acting like everything is fine...
krakataul: SteamSpy data: BG EE 1 and 2 - 1,1 million units sold on Steam.
So i guess that from their point of view everything is just fine as GOG is (presumably) just a very small part of overall sales percentage... Unfortunately.
Sad to think about. Especially when one stops and considers that easier resolution support (which comes at the cost of a butchered UI) is the only thing of note that the EEs bring to the table.
Stig79: Quite right.

If this was GoG's doing they would also be selling the soundtracks for The Witcher separately. CDPR owns GoG, after all. If this was their business-model this would be a thing too.

This is Beamdog all the way.
CDPR does not own GOG. CDP Owns GOG and CDPR. They are sister companies.

If they didn't actually have people remake the soundtracks, then what the Hell were they thinking?

"Hey, you know what will make our disgruntled audience happy? Selling them even more content we didn't do anything with!!"
lostwolfe: i do not appreciate the way beamdog has consistently dealt with what /should/ be an audience who appreciates what you're up to, because they love these games. beamdog has - consistently - done super wonky things that keep alienating that core audience. these soundtracks?
I would argue that the people that LOVE the original Baldur's Gate games aren't Beamdog's core audience. For most of the diehard BG fans, it didn't matter what Beamdog did, it was going to be wrong. I would argue that Beamdog's core audience are the casual BG fans, and the next generation, who haven't played BG at all.