It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A RPG for all those who love to wander around the virtual worlds. Ashen from Annapurna Interactive features a massive open world in which from time to time you encounter other fellow travelers. It’s up to you to decide if you want to cooperate with them in building villages and fighting monsters. Apart from the main game, also a DLC called Nightstorm Isle is now available on GOG.COM. Until 16th December 2019, 5 PM UTC you can buy Ashen with a 20% discount.
One of my favourite games that I played last year. The single player and co-op methods of play are the same, offline just replaces a person (if one is available for match making) with an AI person- if you want. Though it plays similar to Dark Souls, it's easier overall (but does have a few spikes in difficulty) and the world is less woven over the top of itself and more just a straight journey from one area to the next. The AI of your companions is surprisingly good and makes them useful in the world, but are a bit more limited in some boss battles, where a real player is much more useful.
Gylfe: I really appreciate the info! That definitely seals it for me and probably seals my fate with my wife too haha
Glad to help.
"...meditating monks are scattered around, who if struck by a thrown spear..."

Well, that´s a feature, I have been waiting a long time for. But what bothers me a bit is that the developers forgot to give the characters some, ahem, faces.
Great release!
freed from purgatory at last!

very curious about this. will pick it up at some point.

thank you to gog and the developers for bringing this here :)
Such a unique choice of art style! :O
Post edited December 09, 2019 by Zurvan7
Call me when it's 10 bucks.
Day-0 DLC? C'mon! So, basically, it's a $40 game, not a $30+$10-for-the-DLC game, with some not-nice business practice thrown in for a better taste. I wanted to buy this game since I first heard of it, but this way: thanks but no thanks. My backlog is long enough to last me two lifetimes anyway.
Wottie: Day-0 DLC? C'mon! So, basically, it's a $40 game, not a $30+$10-for-the-DLC game, with some not-nice business practice thrown in for a better taste. I wanted to buy this game since I first heard of it, but this way: thanks but no thanks. My backlog is long enough to last me two lifetimes anyway.
Day 1 here, but technically the game itself launched, as an Epic exclusive, a year ago and the DLC in September.
kmanitou: Call me when it's 10 bucks.
You wouldn't buy it anyway.
Dont know if I would be chomping at the bit to reward a developer for bringing their product to GOG a year after release.

I definitely wont be rewarding them for 40$ + 10$ DLC a year after release. Maybe if it had been 40$ and included the DLC + 20% discount but that is way too high for a year old game.

Just to give context, I bought Sekiro and Days gone for less than 25$ each in November. There is no excuse for a year old game to still be at launch pricing. This is a major MAJOR problem with the death of physical media and it will only get worse due to having to sign terms of service agreements that let companies hold your content hostage until you agree to what ever insanity they try to pull

I want to like the game but I have played enough of it to know its not worth 40$ on the edge of 2020
kmanitou: Call me when it's 10 bucks.
Yeshu: You wouldn't buy it anyway.
I would. Checkmate.

viranimus: Dont know if I would be chomping at the bit to reward a developer for bringing their product to GOG a year after release.

I definitely wont be rewarding them for 40$ + 10$ DLC a year after release. Maybe if it had been 40$ and included the DLC + 20% discount but that is way too high for a year old game.

Just to give context, I bought Sekiro and Days gone for less than 25$ each in November. There is no excuse for a year old game to still be at launch pricing. This is a major MAJOR problem with the death of physical media and it will only get worse due to having to sign terms of service agreements that let companies hold your content hostage until you agree to what ever insanity they try to pull

I want to like the game but I have played enough of it to know its not worth 40$ on the edge of 2020
They got paid by Timmy Tencent when I wanted to buy it at launch, and now they think they're offering a deal.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by kmanitou
It looks good, and it's on my wishlist. I'm glad to see it made it's way here. Having said that, there is the problem with the year long Epic exclusivity. Exclusivity is not something I like, and I haven't bought any games over at Epic because of it. Now if developers and publishers want to make an up front lump of money, they can bring the price of their games down after that exclusivity ends. I'll wait for the price to come down quite a bit before I buy. That's the price of exclusivity.

I might make an exception for Outer Worlds if it shows up here. I really like Obsidian, and that game looks really good. I suspect it may not show up here since Microsoft owns Obsidian now.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by jalister
jalister: I might make an exception for Outer Worlds if it shows up here. I really like Obsidian, and that game looks really good. I suspect it may night show up here since Microsoft owns Obsidian now.
I strongly suggest trying it on Game Pass.
jalister: I might make an exception for Outer Worlds if it shows up here. I really like Obsidian, and that game looks really good. I suspect it may not show up here since Microsoft owns Obsidian now.
kmanitou: I strongly suggest trying it on Game Pass.
I was considering getting the 3 months for a $1 deal. I could play and finish Outer Worlds and Jedi Fallen Order.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by jalister