It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A Triple-A Ubisoft Digital Premiere

They may have been nearly lost since the late nineties, but they're very much alive in game design (and our fond memories) even to this day. Today's triple Digital Distribution Premiere from Ubisoft is not just a set of releases that start with the letter A, it's also a collection of games that introduced something new to their genre, offered a unique combination of playstyles and design choices, or tried something fresh and risky with great payoff.

All three releases are updated to work with Windows 10, and are available in a classic Ubisoft bundle at 20% off!

<span class="bold">Anno 1602 A.D.</span> is the one that spawned a series famed for its ambitious mix of real time strategy, business simulation and city building. It's a game that throws you, a pioneer of the unknown, into humanity's most far out frontier to colonise and conquer. Here, you'll find everything from exploration, trading, resource management, diplomacy and even combat - truly solidifying the experience of a true freedom to design your world, and the absolute control to do so your way. Anno 1602 A.D. includes Anno 1602: Creation of a New World and its expansion Anno 1602: New Islands, New Adventures.

<span class="bold">Albion</span> is a game that takes classic RPG and Dungeon Crawling, a healthy dose of humor, and risks its dangerous voyage far, far beyond earth into humanity's true final frontier. It's a deep-space adventure that draws bits and pieces from an unusual pairing of titles like The Elder Scrolls and Ultima - all to feature great looking 2D overworld exploration with detailed first-person 3D combat. Its most direct roots, however, stem from titles known as "Amberstar" and "Ambermoon" - two parts of an Amiga trilogy that never came to be concluded. Designed by the original team behind the Amiga classic, Albion is their true spiritual successor in everything but the name.

<span class="bold">Archimedean Dynasty</span> takes on one of humanity's biggest, most unfamiliar and inaccessible unknowns: the deep, dark sea. You'll pilot a state-of-the-art submarine to brave the depths and trenches of an underwater colony in turmoil. The bulk of the gameplay will be familiar to veterans of series like X-Wing or Freespace, but it's the absolutely unique setting and atmosphere that truly make this title worth remembering. Archimedean Dynasty soon spawned the AquaNox series, making today's release the final piece of a trilogy unique enough to truly earn a place on anybody's shelf.

Brave the distinct unknowns with the Anno 1602 A.D., Albion, and Archimedean Dynasty bundle, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Wednesday, August 5, 1:59 PM GMT.
timppu: Does anyone know if the GOG version Archimedean Dynasty has 3Dfx Glide support?
katatonicone: Yes, exactly. That's the patch we used.
UBISOFT BABY YOU HAVE RETURNED TO GOG :D

Now where is my Rainbow Six 3 Gold :P
Now that we got 3 classics for the letter A, here are my picks for the letter B:

-Blade Runner

-Black Dahlia

-Blackstone Chronicles, The

Here's to more alphabetic classics releases!
zeffyr: Tell me, Smug Cat, how long haven't we seen new Ubisoft release? The curiosity eats me alive :-)
Grargar: 11 days ago, we had exactly 2 years ever since the last Ubisoft release here (Settlers 4).
:o

If this can happen, we certainly shouldn't lose faith in EA, Activision, or Square Enix quite yet ;)
zeffyr: Tell me, Smug Cat, how long haven't we seen new Ubisoft release? The curiosity eats me alive :-)
Grargar: 11 days ago, we had exactly 2 years ever since the last Ubisoft release here (Settlers 4).
And that's why we should never lose faith :-) Thx!
BillyMaysFan59: :o

If this can happen, we certainly shouldn't lose faith in EA, Activision, or Square Enix quite yet ;)
In 3 months, it will be 3 years ever since the last Activision release (Spycraft). Maybe, we'll see an Activision release in November. :P
Albion at last! :) One of the best CRPGs in my Book.
Zoidberg: Wow, 1998 for Anno? Was it already UBIsoft?
Acriz: It was published by Sunflowers, which was bought by Ubisoft in 2007.
Of course. Thanks for the info. :)
awalterj: Now that we got 3 classics for the letter A, here are my picks for the letter B:
B.A.T.
Albion! - I thought, I'd never see this again...

Instabuy.
Let's have us a little giveaway...
Great releases. Hopefully we'll also see the other Anno games here at some point.
awalterj: Now that we got 3 classics for the letter A, here are my picks for the letter B:

-Blade Runner

-Black Dahlia

-Blackstone Chronicles, The

Here's to more alphabetic classics releases!
Sign me up to all three!
Not particularly interested in these games, but the big news is that it sounds like Ubi's bringing new stuff to GOG. Which is amazing.

SC: Chaos Theory, here we come! (I hope)
Holy shit! Albion! I remember playing the demo in the 90's as a kid. Always wanted to give it a try. Well done!
Post edited July 29, 2015 by animalmother2105
ALBION!

I didn't expect to see that one showing up at all! I've long felt like I was the only one who even knew of this game's existence. Beautiful game for its time, and screenshots of the 3D areas don't do it justice as it looks better in motion. I've been meaning to replay it, but couldn't get it to run reliably on modern systems. Instant sale for me.

I love how this game overrules so many RPG clichés: every item has a weight (including gold), you can only carry so much at once, and your equipment can randomly break as you use it, meaning that you need to repair or replace it.

My thanks to everyone who made this happen!