It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sim Heaven & Hell.

<span class="bold">Afterlife</span>, a Lucasfilm god game, a GOG.com digital premiere, is available now for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux--DRM-free on GOG.com.

<span class="bold">Afterlife</span> is... a weird game. It's so many things at once, and a few brand new concepts to boot. The premise is an otherworldly twist on SimCity - you're in charge of supplying a satisfactory afterlife experience to the inhabitants of the Planet. The Planetfolk, called EMBOs (or Ethically Mature Biological Organisms) and their SOULs (Stuff of Unending Life) need to be fully supplied with all the pleasure or pain they've earned in life - that includes an absolutely divine final reward, or a sadistic punishment. With plenty of structures, a complex tenet system (watch out for those HOHORALFSUMAists!), and extremely detailed sim mechanics - <span class="bold">Afterlife</span> is a unique, satirical god game to die for.

The game includes the official Reference Guide, courtesy of our forum friend EnforcerSunWoo. (Thank you!)

Don't fear the reaper, fear the disco inferno in <span class="bold">Afterlife</span>, a digital premiere now DRM-free on GOG.com!
This.... this is not a batch.

It feels weird.
Interesting, wishlisted.
I never really got into this one all that much, but I loved the concept and general weirdness of it all.
I'll definitely get this one.
Goodie! Great to see this here at last :)
Nice one! Prefer this to DungeonKeeper myself. :)
Wasn't expecting to see Afterlife in GOG too, but is a nice game for fans of city management games
I'll wishlist this.. looks interesting :)

edit. I suppose it's DOS version since it's available for Linux but it doesn't say anything about Wine.
Post edited April 09, 2015 by Daliz
WOOT! Been waiting on this one. Nice get GOG!
Daliz: I'll wishlist this.. looks interesting :)

edit. I suppose it's DOS version since it's available for Linux but it doesn't say anything about Wine.
You are correct :)
Never heard of it. But it looks unique :)

Wishlisted for now! Kind of wish it could've came in a batch of 3 Lucas games at least, but I understand that if they keep that up they won't be able to milk the rest of their titles ;P

Still waiting for the rest of the star wars titles! :D

Also...CONGRATS on 1,000 games GOG!

Where's the celebration? ;)
Never mind.
Post edited April 09, 2015 by Grargar
You should make 'a digital premiere' sign more visible on the main page. Maybe a banner on game's card would be also welcome.

It's a thing you should talk big about! :-)

JudasIscariot: You are correct :)
Not going to grace it with a digital premiere tag? For shame! :P
JudasIscariot: You are correct :)
What DOSBox version does it contain?
Post edited April 09, 2015 by Grargar

Played this one back in '95 and didn't play it since. Any discrepancies between these two versions worth taking notes?
Thanks! And YAY for linux! ;)
zeffyr: You should make 'a digital premiere' sign more visible on the main page. Maybe a banner on game's card would be also welcome.

It's a thing you should talk big about! :-)
+1 for that!
Post edited April 09, 2015 by vicklemos