It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

198x is now available DRM-free.

198X is an arcade epic. A coming-of-age story told through multiple games and genres, worlds and characters. Experience the thrill of shooting, driving, jumping, fighting and role-playing – combined with emotional, cinematic storytelling. This is a love letter to the golden age of arcade games – yet with a scope that was never possible in the actual 1980s.
Wishlisted for now as does look interesting.
SirPrimalform: Wow, games by TEST DEVELOPER are my favourite!
Made by TEST DEVELOPER and published by TEST PUBLISHER, the biggest names in the biz. You should buy stock.

I like the looks of it. I wonder if it's possible to jump to any particular stage, say, if you wanted to replay the shoot-em-up bit without replaying the entire game?
XYCat: Is this game good?
Well it's no street fighter or TMNT, that's for sure. Other than that I don't know and can't say.

DadJoke007: They are? Please elaborate.
Maxvorstadt: Well, there was this other game, also released by "Test Developer". I`m wondering, how many games they will release on GoG in the next time.
Test Developer in the dev entry for a game is like MissingNo in the pokedex....merely a placeholder.
Falci: The art looks amazing, and every sub-game in there made me wish each was its own full fledged game. Though the game card is quite honest in saying it's a 2 hour romp and part 1 of something bigger.

I'll wishlist it for now. :)
Just as long as that "something bigger" actually materializes...unlike some planned game series of yore.

mqstout: And yet people regularly pay more for less for movies.

This looks great. I *love* trans-genre games when they integrate them in a good, meaningful way. Much of the time the genre-mashing is done badly though.
Mafwek: Cinema in Croatia is around 35 HRK, which is slightly more than 5 USD.
Do they gouge you guys on the popcorn and drinks like they do in the states?
Post edited June 20, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: Do they gouge you guys on the popcorn and drinks like they do in the states?
Probably, rarely go in cinema, and I never buy these things.
GameRager: Do they gouge you guys on the popcorn and drinks like they do in the states?
I'm too cheap for popcorn at the cinema. Better to smuggle what you want into the cinema, like a hip flask full of booze. Most movies are terrible sober anyway.
Post edited June 20, 2019 by user deleted
So, I must admit most games in the 1980s did not attract me that much. Only games I really liked where games like Lemmings* and Tetris. Sure I tried playing some of those Sierra adventures and they were nice but not my thing. Then in the '90s the kind of games I like started to show up. So, I think this nostalgia trip is not for me but it can be really cool, I guess.

Dear prospective buyers: (I am not affiliated with the developers) Some kind of games take more work than others to produce a certain amount of game time and this one certainly looks like one of those.

*We need Lemmings here!
Post edited June 20, 2019 by Themken
GameRager: Test Developer in the dev entry for a game is like MissingNo in the pokedex....merely a placeholder.
Pretty sure everybody knew that - you just destroyed the running gag ;)
Themken: So, I must admit most games in the 1980s did not attract me that much. Only games I really liked where games like Lemmings* and Tetris. Sure I tried playing some of those Sierra adventures and they were nice but not my thing. Then in the '90s the kind of games I like started to show up. So, I think this nostalgia trip is not for me but it can be really cool, I guess.

Dear prospective buyers: (I am not affiliated with the developers) Some kind of games take more work than others to produce a certain amount of game time and this one certainly looks like one of those.

*We need Lemmings here!
Lemmings was released 1991 btw. :)
Post edited June 20, 2019 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Lemmings was released 1991 btw. :)
So not even that was an eighties game bah.
Well, at least they're upfront about the gameplay time. I wonder if they'll release the soundtrack?
Post edited June 20, 2019 by OdanUrr
thraxman: £7.19 - estimated playtime 2 hours! No thanks.
Mmh, 10€ here. Wondering why it's such more expensive.

Although still decent for a 2-hour game. Just not honest.
Oh, it looks like the exact genres I'm the worst at.
DadJoke007: I'm too cheap for popcorn at the cinema. Better to smuggle what you want into the cinema, like a hip flask full of booze. Most movies are terrible sober anyway.
You ever take your falcon with you while trying the crab legs?

(Those are memes btw)

GameRager: Test Developer in the dev entry for a game is like MissingNo in the pokedex....merely a placeholder.
MarkoH01: Pretty sure everybody knew that - you just destroyed the running gag ;)
I am to running gags as Gozer is to worlds, sadly.
Post edited June 21, 2019 by GameRager
Looks interesting, but it's only 'Part 1' with 2 hours playtime. Basically a demo. I'll wait until it is finished.
Lifthrasil: Looks interesting, but it's only 'Part 1' with 2 hours playtime. Basically a demo. I'll wait until it is finished.
Remember Sin Episodes? And Half Life 2 Chapters? That is what can happen when companies employ this business model of releasing half/a third of a game at a time. Hopefully this wont be the case here, but I have my reservations.
looks cool
looks bad

bad looks weightier than cool

nup