It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: Is this Ireland?
Cavalary: Should be Iran? IE is Ireland.
Indeed. Here is a useful table: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-2.
HypersomniacLive:
And just in case you wondered: Vatican City is VA (which has a different price than IT, Italy)
Post edited September 09, 2014 by mrkgnao
IAmSinistar: gabriel_knight_sins_of_the_fathers_20th_anniversary_edition
DE_USD -> GAME PRICE : $26.29
Ò.Ó
mrkgnao: And just in case you wondered: Vatican City is VA (which has a different price than IT, Italy)
Pretty fun, considering how significant the market of the Holy See must be for a game about sins...

IAmSinistar: gabriel_knight_sins_of_the_fathers_20th_anniversary_edition
DE_USD -> GAME PRICE : $26.29
Klumpen0815: Ò.Ó
Yeah, that's "solidarity". Europe pays 7 dollars above the central price, in order to compensate for lower prices in regions with higher risk of piracy (former USSR). Sort of
HypersomniacLive: Is this Ireland?
Cavalary: Should be Iran? IE is Ireland.
I wonder... Is is legal to purchase that kind of video games in Iran ?
Post edited September 09, 2014 by Phc7006
Wurzelkraft: So we have a 15.40$ difference between the cheapest and most expensive country. That's a lot in this case.
That's nothing, you should see the differences in minimum wage around the world.
Wurzelkraft: So we have a 15.40$ difference between the cheapest and most expensive country. That's a lot in this case.
realkman666: That's nothing, you should see the differences in minimum wage around the world.
Yeah, like 0$ minimum wage in Germany, no wonder we have to pay the most.
You don't get tired repeating your BS arguments over and over again no matter what?
Post edited September 09, 2014 by Klumpen0815
realkman666: That's nothing, you should see the differences in minimum wage around the world.
Klumpen0815: Yeah, like 0$ minimum wage in Germany, no wonder we have to pay the most.
You don't get tired repeating your BS arguments over and over again no matter what?
Nope.

Hey, it's coming! Welcome to modernity, Germany.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/10943730/Germany-introduces-minimum-wage.html
Post edited September 09, 2014 by realkman666
And GOG gives back german customers 4.10 € for buying Gabriel Knight here. So the price is the same as in the US.
Klumpen0815: Yeah, like 0$ minimum wage in Germany, no wonder we have to pay the most.
realkman666: Nope.

Hey, it's coming! Welcome to modernity, Germany.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/10943730/Germany-introduces-minimum-wage.html
Not really, it's all just for show. The CDU-party included exceptions that basically include all the jobs where it was really needed, so not much is changing, it's still legal to pay 400€ per month for a full time job to someone with a university degree as long as you call it "Praktikum". Yes, this is quite normal here.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by Klumpen0815
And for Wasteland 2 I have payed 29,-- € - the same price as by "Media Markt" (and after I count GOGs fair price and the 2 games "Wasteland" and "Bard's Tale" in this calculation).
The minimum wage argument (NO minimum wage in Italy) is a smoke screen, every single EU country has a different economy (German wages are ususally about 30% higher than Italian ones, if not more), as it's the VAT argument, VAT is different in each and every single EU country too.

So do you mind explaing why we should all pay the same "augmented" price?

IT_USD -> GAME PRICE : $26.29

Let's see a bit:
1 $ = 0,77 €
19,99 $ = 15,44 €

Let's try and add the VAT (varies from country to country but let's use my country's one, 23%):
15,44 + 23% = 18,99 € (this is why sometimes they make a 1-1 conversion)
18,99 € = 24,58 $

24,58 =/= 26,29

where does the extra 7% come from?

Now a comparison (DE-IT) of the "medium" wages
IT = 28.900 €/year
DE = 44.800 €/year

Again I repeat, explain me why I should pay 30% more than someone from the States and the same amount of a German gamer?
Post edited September 10, 2014 by demonbox77
In my country's case the minimum wage is written down as 789.15 EUR (brutto) but what you get out is 589€ so all the online data about neto minimum wage in my country is false ( 789€ is written everywhere as neto online). Its pointless to compare minimum wages since some are specified in brutto values and others in neto and every country has different economy.

Medium yearly brutto wage: 18.408 euros (data from 2014)
Medium yearly netto wage: 12.000 euros (data from 2014)

Just to point out that the high medium wage is only cause the public sector in Slovenia has very high wages in comparison to the private sector that basically more or less gets the minimum wage.

The publishers don't care about these data they just set up an arbitrary value that they deem appropriate for their product regardless if the market can pay those prices.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by Matruchus
In my opinion the problem with most discussions about wages and regional pricing is: regional pricing does not look what the regional wages are it just fixes some prices regardless of what the average wage of a country is. And even if that would be included, it would also be needed to have a look at the costs of living in that country since even with a higher wage if you have high living costs there might not be so much left and even that would not take into account what each person is earning... so regardless of all the arguments and regardless of what a game may cost in the end it will be always unfair for someone.
But that's point moonsineshadow, Matruchus is right.

Please don't drag in the minimum/medium wages, the VATs as excuses, it's only up to the publishers and to a point to the selling platforms (why should this specific game cost so much less in Poland than the rest of euro based countries?).

You like this standard or not, I personally don't, and I don't like GOG going down this path, but meh I'll adapt.
demonbox77: You like this standard or not, I personally don't, and I don't like GOG going down this path, but meh I'll adapt.
And this is why publishers get away with it. You can "adapt" and just survive without leaving any trace of your presence, and allowing things to get worse as they usually do if unchecked, you can fail to adapt and be crushed, or you can stubbornly refuse to adapt and do your best to make others adapt to your demands instead. Sure seems to work for some, so why not for others as well?
demonbox77: snip
Don't forget, that in Germany many people have to pay 80% of their income only for a very small appartment and public transportation.

I had a very hard time finding a 29m² flat here for under 330€ - 3.5years ago and it's more or less impossible by now (not taken the places without public transportation into acount, have luck paying for a car in this region of income), but the number of 400€/month fulltime jobs here does not decrease, I had to work for far less for many years to get slightly more now.

Public transportation is 78€ per month (that's why I ride a crappy bike that nobody wants to steal) and it's even more expensive in other areas.

You can't compare all this with one or two out of hundreds of numbers that you have to consider and even if you do, it will never be remotely fair because of the growing financial distance between poor and rich in many contries.

Fair would be price related to the region where the game was made or pay what you want (which means pay what you think you can) with a minimum of let's say the current Russian price.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by Klumpen0815