It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bansama: Only the main game is restricted in Japan (and it shouldn't be). The DLC is sold.

Seriously, don't get what GOG are playing at. Dying Light was released in Japan back in April. GOG is apparently the only store incapable of putting it back on sale. =S
Maybe you can ask them what happened since then.
omega64: Yeah, happened on Steam a while back.
At least they announced it here.
Yes, I knew about it, but it seems that the list contains games that weren't present in the Steam list, like the Unreal Tournament games.
Post edited June 21, 2016 by Grargar
Grargar: Yes, I knew about it, but it seems that the list contains games that weren't present in the Steam list, like the Unreal Tournament games.
Oh, I hadn't compared them.
That's really weird.
Grargar: Holy Shit! O_O
Yep... :(
But at least they warned us.

Impaler26: Damn, this sucks! :(

I just checked and fortunately i already own all those games on GOG or Steam. At least people in germany can still buy those games so now is a good time to grab them.
Indeed :(

Except for Lucius i own every game from that list too but there are surely enough that aren't that "lucky"...

Grargar: Yes, I knew about it, but it seems that the list contains games that weren't present in the Steam list, like the Unreal Tournament games.
Well mostly because the Unreal games were already blocked in Germany. Even before the recent blocking spree...
ElTerprise: Well mostly because the Unreal games were already blocked in Germany. Even before the recent blocking spree...
I guess so.
Grargar: I guess so.
Interestingly enough the Unreal 1+2 are not on the list.
That's just stupid. There's hardly a game on the list that can be considered as extremely volent and I doubt that more than one or two would get an "adults only" rating if they would be checked today.

But of course it's easier to simply block all German users than to really do something about the rating or to introduce a working age verification (which could be optional and for German users only).

But at least GOG tells us beforehand and during a sale. Guess I will buy some of the titles before they vanish.
Post edited June 21, 2016 by PaterAlf
GoG should allow someone to change their locale into account just for the looks, then get the stuff they want and revert to real locale. Come on, be bros, be pals!
can a german user still redeem a gift key with a blocked game on it?
apehater: can a german user still redeem a gift key with a blocked game on it?
yes, redeem/download/install/play
Post edited June 21, 2016 by mobutu
ElTerprise: FYI: A link to a blues-post from the German subforum. The List is going to get consirably larger in terms of games blocked in Germany :/
Scheiße. Thanks for the heads-up, got some list growing to do...

bansama: Only the main game is restricted in Japan (and it shouldn't be). The DLC is sold.
Arigatou gozaimasu, will take the DLC off.
Thanks for that link ElTerprise, bought some wishlisted games.
I just created a wish, that GOG offers an optional age-verification for their accounts. Then most of the censored games could still be sold to legal age customers. (i.e. those that are only age restricted and not outright forbidden)

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/optional_age_verification_eg_for_german_users
high rated
That's a very long list... How many games is it now that are blocked for users with a German IP?

At least this time, GOG gave a heads up before the summer sale is over, so that people can take advantage of it.

Lifthrasil: I just created a wish, that GOG offers an optional age-verification for their accounts. Then most of the censored games could still be sold to legal age customers. (i.e. those that are only age restricted and not outright forbidden)

Voted, but won't hold my breath. It's easier and cheaper to go the "don't touch" route.
Lifthrasil: I just created a wish, that GOG offers an optional age-verification for their accounts. Then most of the censored games could still be sold to legal age customers. (i.e. those that are only age restricted and not outright forbidden)

It seems unfortunate that the best out come you can hope for here is to get an age verification to let you buy games pre-teens can play elsewhere.

Rant---
I do not get why the German government act as though those they govern are dumber then small children.
At least the English government are open about their disdain for us mere plebs.
high rated
Couldn't have picked a better day to leave GOG.