It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maxvorstadt: Hm, don`t know. Oh, is there really a Chaos Engine 2?
Grargar: Can you access this page?
No:
Bei der Verarbeitung Ihrer Anfrage ist ein Fehler aufgetreten:

Dieses Produkt steht in Ihrem Land derzeit nicht zur Verfügung.

"This Produkt is not available in your country."

Fuck regional locks!!!
Maxvorstadt:
Falsche Übersetzung :P

“Home > Oops
Oops, sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region”
Just out of curiosity: they don't lock you out of games you've already bought, right?
MightyPinecone: Just out of curiosity: they don't lock you out of games you've already bought, right?
Not as far as I know.
MightyPinecone: Just out of curiosity: they don't lock you out of games you've already bought, right?
No. That would probably against German laws.

The problem isn't owning the games, they just aren't allowed to sell them to minors and are too damn lazy to implement an age check. Just like GOG!
mk47at: No. That would probably against German laws.

The problem isn't owning the games, they just aren't allowed to sell them to minors and are too damn lazy to implement an age check. Just like GOG!
Ah, ok. Maybe steam will implement such an age check now that a fairly significant market is unavailable to the publishers, One can at least hope. (I know it hasn't happened here, but GOG seems slower than steam at introducing new features).
mike_cesara: Rune?
What about Yellowbeard?
Whoever did that, must be full of shit..
I'm going to nail your tits to table, Blind Pew!

MightyPinecone: Ah, ok. Maybe steam will implement such an age check now that a fairly significant market is unavailable to the publishers, One can at least hope. (I know it hasn't happened here, but GOG seems slower than steam at introducing new features).
GOG rolls out new features all the time. Just not ones anyone wants.
Post edited May 31, 2016 by IAmSinistar
high rated
IAmSinistar: [...]

GOG rolls out new features all the time. Just not ones anyone wants.
Shame on you! Pretty sure the answer is "there was great demand", supported by a wishlist entry with an overwhelming amount of votes.
MightyPinecone: Ah, ok. Maybe steam will implement such an age check now that a fairly significant market is unavailable to the publishers, One can at least hope. (I know it hasn't happened here, but GOG seems slower than steam at introducing new features).
I won't hold by breath. ;)
mk47at: The problem isn't owning the games, they just aren't allowed to sell them to minors and are too damn lazy to implement an age check. Just like GOG!
An age check wouldn't allow GOG to sell list B/D titles though.
ShadowOwl: An age check wouldn't allow GOG to sell list B/D titles though.
Obviously. But most of the titles in question aren't on those lists.

The way the lists work is increadibly stupid as well. The cooldown period is much too long and most companies don't bother about requesting a re-checking after ten years.

Most of the games on the index had no chance of getting there today. Blocking Rune, Blake Stone and consorts is ridiculous.
MightyPinecone: Ah, ok. Maybe steam will implement such an age check now that a fairly significant market is unavailable to the publishers, One can at least hope.
They won't. Legally selling digital USK18/M-rated stuff to underage kids is a huge part of their business model, because physically they can't buy it in Germany. Online? No problem! These teenagers don't care for old banned stuff made before they were born.

But if digital stores ever implement a real age check, it has to apply to all games! So were will never be an age check ever, because it costs sales.
Post edited June 04, 2016 by jtsn
"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" is geolocked under Steam, too.

See yourself, cannot be bought/found in shop by german customers.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/32310

Maybe that is the cause why GOG was not able to sell the title here in the first place.

Disney is scared because of the Swastikas... :(
Post edited June 06, 2016 by Anime-BlackWolf
I cant see TimeShift on GOG anymore. Can non-germans see it in the store? I tried it via proxy, but was unable to see it anyway :/
Post edited June 10, 2016 by VeldrinMinamoto
VeldrinMinamoto: I cant see TimeShift on GOG anymore. Can non-germans see it in the store? I tried it via proxy, but was unable to see it anyway :/
I'm pretty sure Timeshift isn't on GOG. O_o