It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Have about $15-ish to spend and am looking for an RPG. Mostly want to know if I missed anything that's not on this site but feel free to give glowing recommendations to anything on this site. :D

Already on my list that I'm thinking about:
- Teudogar
- Driftmoon
- Avernum Collection
- Exile Trilogy

Also had my eye on Battles of Norghan but the demo isn't working correctly and I don't think it's worth the risk.
of those on that list - get Driftmoon
Yeah, try the Driftmoon demo and see whether it's something you like. Other than that, and assuming you're also fine with Action RPGs and Rogue-likes, here are a couple that aren't on GOG:

- Eschalon Book I & II (Basilisk Games)
- Din's Curse, Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld (Soldak Entertainment)
- Aztaka (Citeremis)
- Bastion (Supergiant Games)
- Dungeon's of Dredmore (Gaslamp Games)

There's also Knights of the Chalice, Frayed Knights and Fortune Summoners, but sadly they're all a bit over $15 (and the latter two might not be what you're looking for either).

Btw, thanks for mentioning Teudogar, I had never heard of it and it looks interesting. Did you read anything good about it?
Post edited March 02, 2013 by Leroux
+1 for Driftmoon
If your interested in dnd rpgs you should give baldurs gate 1/2 a try
amok: of those on that list - get Driftmoon
nijuu: +1 for Driftmoon
Heh, I played about an hour of Driftmoon (completing the first area's storyline) and liked it but quit there and waited to make a decision on what I wanted before playing more.I'd been interested in both of those but I haven't found anything about Frayed Knights (guess I should try the demo) and I keep hearing that KotC is only good for the combat.
Leroux: Btw, thanks for mentioning Teudogar, I had never heard of it and it looks interesting. Did you read anything good about it?
I've read it's good but brief. Unfortunately, "brief" isn't very descriptive. I beat the storyline part of the demo in an hour-ish though I've heard that people have spent upwards of 50 hours exploring the demo.
blitsfire: If your interested in dnd rpgs you should give baldurs gate 1/2 a try
Have BG2. Still trying to convince my girlfriend to play co-op with me haha. We had a rough time with Icewind Dale so she's a bit iffy on the similar games.

Also, anyone know anything about this? http://www.redshift.hu/thequestppc.htm#shots
Post edited March 02, 2013 by johnki
johnki: I'd been interested in both of those but I haven't found anything about Frayed Knights (guess I should try the demo) and I keep hearing that KotC is only good for the combat.
Yes, KotC is very combat-heavy, the story is simple and nothing special (but not bad either) and while the game offers enough free exploration, there aren't many sidequests, so in a way it's a bit sandbox and linear. If you're looking for very story-oriented RPGs, this might not be the one. It's still a good game though. The demo gives a good idea about the gameplay, even if I think the combat in the demo is a bit harder than most of the combats in the actual game are, and the game offers more exploration, too.
johnki: I've read it's good but brief. Unfortunately, "brief" isn't very descriptive. I beat the storyline part of the demo in an hour-ish though I've heard that people have spent upwards of 50 hours exploring the demo.
I wouldn't mind playing a short RPG as long as the few hours I'd spend with it are fun. I'll try the demo, thanks!
Not forgetting Morrowind, though AFAIK you can only get it on Steam (or by disk, if you can find one).
pi4t: Not forgetting Morrowind, though AFAIK you can only get it on Steam (or by disk, if you can find one).
I've had Morrowind: GOTY Edition on CD for ages. :D
Leroux: Yes, KotC is very combat-heavy, the story is simple and nothing special (but not bad either) and while the game offers enough free exploration, there aren't many sidequests, so in a way it's a bit sandbox and linear. If you're looking for very story-oriented RPGs, this might not be the one. It's still a good game though. The demo gives a good idea about the gameplay, even if I think the combat in the demo is a bit harder than most of the combats in the actual game are, and the game offers more exploration, too.
Seems it's time to try the demo!

EDIT: Went to download the demo from Mediafire (latest edition of it) and I got a fake virus notification! Woo! Now I need to see if my computer is ACTUALLY infected. Guess I'll try the demo tomorrow then.

About how long is KotC?
Post edited March 02, 2013 by johnki
johnki: About how long is KotC?
I can't say with certainty, as I haven't completed it yet. I'm about 26 hours in and I assume that's more or less two thirds? Then again, that's hardly more reliable than anyone telling you Teudogar is "brief" ... ;) And I always try to explore everything there is to see and I guess I often dawdle a bit, too, so for other players it might be shorter than that.
Leroux: I can't say with certainty, as I haven't completed it yet. I'm about 26 hours in and I assume that's more or less two thirds?
Well, in that case, it's no Grimoire but it has a good amount of meat on its bones for sure!
johnki: Have about $15-ish to spend and am looking for an RPG. Mostly want to know if I missed anything that's not on this site but feel free to give glowing recommendations to anything on this site. :D

Already on my list that I'm thinking about:
- Teudogar
- Driftmoon
- Avernum Collection
- Exile Trilogy

Also had my eye on Battles of Norghan but the demo isn't working correctly and I don't think it's worth the risk.
I personally would recommend the Geneforge collection rather than that. More interesting and unless you're used to pre-1995 RPGs, the gameplay's a whole lot smoother.
ggf162: I personally would recommend the Geneforge collection rather than that. More interesting and unless you're used to pre-1995 RPGs, the gameplay's a whole lot smoother.
Have it already and have been working my way through it from time to time.
pi4t: Not forgetting Morrowind, though AFAIK you can only get it on Steam (or by disk, if you can find one).
Bit off-topic but Morrowind seems to be one of the most common PC games to find in game shop. Is that only around where I live?
Driftmoon