It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Elite: Dangerous?
Sid Meier's Civilization II: Multiplayer Gold Edition?
Black Mesa
Operation Flashpoint
Capitalism II
Airborne Assault
Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising
Post edited January 04, 2015 by MasterPuffy
IT2013: Wait a minute... I thought you meant that the mystery game is available for digital purchase on the PC. You mean that the mystery game might not be available for digital purchase on the PC?
RadonGOG: Well, I just gave an example that this very seldom constellation is somehow possible for at least one game!
Anyways, you´re near to the point to find out what confuses so many of you, just think one step further!
I´ve said enough for today anyways... :)
Ah, so it might not be the PC version of the game that is available for digital purchase. But since the original clues didn't say that, can you please confirm whether the PC version of the game has "universal acclaim" on Metacritic, and not just the Mac version, mobile version, console version, or any other non-PC version? I am very confused.
RadonGOG: You´re coming close to the main idea how to solve this riddle...
...anyways, I believe I´ve got one! GoldenAxe II---uses light, Disk-Based DRM in retail and is only availible on iTunes and Onlive in digital form, if I haven´t missed something else!
If we're talking about this Golden Axe II, then I'm afraid you're wrong. Are you sure that the game you are asking for is really not available DRM-Free on less-known stores like DotEmu and GamersGate?
Post edited January 04, 2015 by Grargar
RadonGOG: You´re coming close to the main idea how to solve this riddle...
...anyways, I believe I´ve got one! GoldenAxe II---uses light, Disk-Based DRM in retail and is only availible on iTunes and Onlive in digital form, if I haven´t missed something else!
Grargar: If we're talking about this Golden Axe II, then I'm afraid you're wrong. Are you sure that the game you are asking for is really not available DRM-Free on less-known stores like DotEmu and GamersGate?
Shit, I thought I would have checked Golden Axe II on both DotEmu and GamersGate, the example just busted again!
Anyways, the example doesn´t matter that much, what matters is the REASON why it´s so hard to find an example...
I am certain that the mystery game is on this list, because it has to be one of these games, according to the clues:

Airborne Assault: Red Devils over Arnhem,
Blade of Darkness (otherwise known as Severance: Blade of Darkness or Severence: Blade of Darkness),
Football Manager 2010,
Meridian: New World,
NBA Live 2004,
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis,
Operation Flashpoint: Resistance,
Pitfall: The Lost Expedition,
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory,
Rune: Halls of Valhalla,
Snoopy vs. The Red Baron,
Space Rangers 2: Dominators (the original, "vanilla" version),
Victoria II: Heart of Darkness,
Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure

Of all the PC games that have user ratings of 9.0 or higher ("universal acclaim") on Metacritic, all of the games that are not listed above are disqualified from being the mystery game, because they are either on Steam, or on GOG, or have 100+ wishlist votes on GOG, so that would contradict the clues. Or they have been previously guessed in this thread, in which case RadonGOG would have said, "You got it right" to whoever got it right.
IT2013: I am certain that the mystery game is on this list, because it has to be one of these games, according to the clues:

Airborne Assault: Red Devils over Arnhem,
Blade of Darkness (otherwise known as Severance: Blade of Darkness or Severence: Blade of Darkness),
Football Manager 2010,
Meridian: New World,
NBA Live 2004,
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis,
Operation Flashpoint: Resistance,
Pitfall: The Lost Expedition,
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory,
Rune: Halls of Valhalla,
Snoopy vs. The Red Baron,
Space Rangers 2: Dominators (the original, "vanilla" version),
Victoria II: Heart of Darkness,
Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure

Of all the PC games that have user ratings of 9.0 or higher ("universal acclaim") on Metacritic, all of the games that are not listed above are disqualified from being the mystery game, because they are either on Steam, or on GOG, or have 100+ wishlist votes on GOG, so that would contradict the clues. Or they have been previously guessed in this thread, in which case RadonGOG would have said, "You got it right" to whoever got it right.
No, it hasn´t been already guessed...
...added a new clue BTW!

P.s.: Meridian is even on GOG! http://www.gog.com/game/meridian_new_world :)
Post edited January 04, 2015 by RadonGOG
About this "HEAVY DRM" - Is it Origin?
Or did you capitalize "HEAVY" because the game is Heavy Rain?!? You never really answered when I made that post asking if it might be a console game.
IT2013: Or did you capitalize "HEAVY" because the game is Heavy Rain?!? You never really answered when I made that post asking if it might be a console game.
triock: About this "HEAVY DRM" - Is it Origin?
Nonononono!
You´re on a wrong track, both of you!
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

:P no idea really...eh +1 tho.
Post edited January 04, 2015 by DampSquib
I don't know why but I just have to guess:
'The Suffering (Prison is Hell)' at least with this addition it has below 100 votes.
And there are lethal injections in this game, no idea if this counts as drugs, maybe there were drugs, too and I forgot about it xD
I had problems with acquiring it so I wanted to redownload it recently but it seems like it has been removed and it was heavily equipped with advertisement at that time.
Yeah, that made me think of it, no idea if it even comes close, though xD
Zeeaire: I don't know why but I just have to guess:
'The Suffering (Prison is Hell)' at least with this addition it has below 100 votes.
And there are lethal injections in this game, no idea if this counts as drugs, maybe there were drugs, too and I forgot about it xD
I had problems with acquiring it so I wanted to redownload it recently but it seems like it has been removed and it was heavily equipped with advertisement at that time.
Yeah, that made me think of it, no idea if it even comes close, though xD
No universal user acclaim on metacritic.com...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-suffering
lets try again with some guesses:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Perfect Dark
Metroid Prime
The Orange Box
Tekken 3
The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Last of Us
Red Dead Redemption
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence