It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rodger THAT!

Rad Rodgers, the kinetic action/platformer starring the titular teenager and his feisty game console, has received a rad update which is totally free for current owners of the game. The base price for the game has now been increased accordingly but it's 25% off until February 28, 6PM UTC.

Here are some of the cool new things this update brings:

- Leaderboards for those sweet sweet bragging rights
- 5 new levels (3 Pogostick ones and 2 big, regular ones)
- More than 20 hats to collect and put on Rad so that he's always in vogue
- Several Pixelverse puzzles have been redesigned and now include new types of puzzles as well
- 4 new enemies (including 2 minibosses) and a brand new weapon to snuff them out with
GOG.com: Rad Rodgers, the kinetic action/platformer starring the titular teenager and his feisty game console, has received a rad update which is totally free for current owners of the game. The base price for the game has now been increased accordingly but it's 25% off until February 28, 6PM UTC.
As GOG does not mention any numbers, "accordingly" in this case means the base price has been increased from $11.99 to $19.95, at least in my region.
high rated
Enjoy!

To all owners of Rad Rodgers: World One (the "old" version) - you should be able to claim your copy of the new enhanced version for free here on GOG! Hope you like that! Thanks for your support and trust!

All the best!
eiii: As GOG does not mention any numbers, "accordingly" in this case means the base price has been increased from $11.99 to $19.95, at least in my region.
There should be a 25 % release discount for the first week on the new pricing :)
Post edited February 21, 2018 by ThomNG
ThomNG: Enjoy!

To all owners of Rad Rodgers: World One (the "old" version) - you should be able to claim your copy of the new enhanced version for free here on GOG! Hope you like that! Thanks for your support and trust!
++

Hey, Obsidian e.a.: that's how you treat existing customers!
Gotta hate that practice.

Not that I ever hearrd of this one before.

Also, a "kinetic" platformer? Like, a platformer where you move? Darn, quite original. :P
ThomNG: Enjoy!

gogtrial34987: ++

Hey, Obsidian e.a.: that's how you treat existing customers!
Yes, updates should be free. :p
so, yeah, did we ever get the relation between this and Ruff'n'Tumble?
Attachments:
high rated
Legacy version has been added as a new product, without changelog.
New version has replaced the old one with the changelog of the old version but not updated to the changes of the new version.
Always confusing.
high rated
gogtrial34987: Hey, Obsidian e.a.: that's how you treat existing customers!
Or even better, treat them like CDPR (Witcher) or Squad (KSP) or Subset Games (FTL) and update the game without updating the price. ;)
Love how it's advertised as a "free" update even though the game's price went up because of it.
Now thats what I call a FREE update....increase the price.
Maeeh, nowadays I only buy GOG games with at last 70% discount....and yes, I can wait that long (even if it takes more than the next summer or winter sale).
high rated
Ah, FREE doesn't always means free :)
high rated
KAMIdesu: [...] free [...]
Schnuff: [...] free [...]
truhlik: [...] free [...]
They mean it is free for those who already own the game. so instead of releasing it as a paid DLC (everyone pays) they reward the existing customers by giving them free content.

Off course, it then means late comers are a little bit out of pocket for it, but then again how likely would it be for them to get it now anyway, unless on a sale, or how unlikely would it be for them to buy it without the then DLC.

I don't mind this approach at all.
Post edited February 21, 2018 by amok
high rated
This is how it went with Shovel Knight, and I was lucky with that as I bought it on day 1. I think that a few developers are trying to go against the tide of people waiting for the price to drop. So they want to encourage to buy at lauch.
I don't know the game and I can't judge if 5 new levels and 4 new enemied justify the new price. But there are always sales...so it also depends on what the sales prices will be.
It's hard when you don't have all that money but still want to support the devs you like, and must find a right balance. First world problems maybe, but still choices we take that shape the market of our gaming passion.
KAMIdesu: Love how it's advertised as a "free" update even though the game's price went up because of it.
They should just release dlc for it instead of increasing the price tag, that just brews more resentment from people who might have been on the verge of buying the game.
Dogmaus: But there are always sales...so it also depends on what the sales prices will be.
Not always true. Shovel Knight never had a real sale yet. The most it was a meager 33% off.
Post edited February 21, 2018 by Matruchus