It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An Indie adventure game for all fans of secrets and mysteries is arriving soon on GOG.COM. The Suicide of Rachel Foster tells a story of Nicole, a young girl who returns to the abandoned family hotel after many years of negligence. There, she finds herself trapped by the unforgiving weather. Her only companions appear to be the relentless ghosts from the hotel’s past and a FEMA agent she can contact by an old-school radio.

You can now pre-order The Suicide of Rachel Foster on GOG.COM with a special 25% discount, lasting until 26th February, 2 PM UTC.
Looks good to me. The darker the better, for my taste anyway. Wishlisted and even considering preorder.
A playable psycho thriller? Neat!
Waiting to see if this has key rebinds, and french subtitles.

This seems kinda my dope but wait and see.
Cavalary: Yep, definitely, dropping Win 7 support makes for a clear hard pass, regardless of other things. The fact that it might work doesn't change that you'd be getting an unsupported piece of software and won't get any help in case something does go wrong, nor are you guaranteed a refund if you find that it doesn't work, since it'll be considered your fault for failing to meet the specs. And with a purchase of a digital copy of something being a show of support for the authors, why support those that refuse to support you?
Spot on and it's indeed a gamble when it comes to unsupported OS (store pages lists as working on 7 but still), and that's where a playable demo would have been welcome for there you're fixed on that OS potential issue.

Cavalary: Linux is good news though, and will become more and more important as time goes on. Maybe a few years down the line, barring a miraculous turnaround of MS's development direction, it'll be more important than Win 7 support for those wanting to stay away from 10. Will depend on some specifics though, and either way doesn't make up for it now.
MS making any kind of turnaround favorable to users -like us- would indeed be miraculous and only if they've been deeply hurt where they can only be hurt: in the wallet. Given am not counting on this happening anytime soon, it's Linux all the way for future releases demanding w10 to run on, and so let's see if devs will also take the leap on having support for it as a matter of course, or not.

Cavalary: About the game itself though, sounds like a sort of story and atmosphere some good devs could make nice things out of, for those who like this kind of games. Actually clicked on the topic to say this, after it made me curious enough to want to at least find out a bit more about it even though I'm not usually interested in these things... Then noticed the specs and... Yeah.
Could get into it I think, but....

Cavalary: Edit: But since I looked, RPS preview from a Gamescom 2018 demo.
...Thanks for that, for haven't yet checked on various sites about this game. Dunno for sure if we are on the same page about what I read that already makes bare some teeth, but that's one to sure keep in mind so will see.
Digital_CHE: What is that thing in the image?.... It looks like a weird pierced female genital.
Looking at it with higher resolution, it's some kind of orthodontic device. My first guess would be a retainer, which is something a patient uses to keep their teeth from moving after they've been moved around with braces.

The front looks damaged or worn.
GOG.com: ... [girl] returns to the abandoned family hotel after many years of negligence...
This can happen in America only. Don't tell me she inherited the property out of nowhere ;-)
mqstout: The title is kind of a big turn-away trigger that doesn't quite jive with the rest of the descriptions. I hope the devs success, but subtly thing they should go with a rename.
So many new indie games coming all the time, that anything that helps them standing out migh help. At least, a title such as this one will not leave much people indifferent.
It looks great, I hope it will be a good game.
low rated
i_ni: This can happen in America only. Don't tell me she inherited the property out of nowhere ;-)
I dunno about IRL, but it happens all the time in such films/media with inheritances...so much so that it's likely a trope.
==============================================================

Carradice: So many new indie games coming all the time, that anything that helps them standing out migh help. At least, a title such as this one will not leave much people indifferent.
The "funny"(not hah hah funny) thing & that which I don't get is how GOG could sell such a game(with such a title...selling on the topic it seems to/etc) while trying to wipe any noticed offensive posts/topics off of the forums like some sort of overzealous "nannies".....makes one think they don't care about people being offended and only do such things to make more money. o.0 ;)
===============================================================

GuarD_u: It looks great, I hope it will be a good game.
Agreed...wishlisted for now(I'd buy it but on a tight budget atm & have a big backlog already).
Post edited February 11, 2020 by GameRager
looks great, definitely wishlisted