It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An Indie adventure game for all fans of secrets and mysteries is arriving soon on GOG.COM. The Suicide of Rachel Foster tells a story of Nicole, a young girl who returns to the abandoned family hotel after many years of negligence. There, she finds herself trapped by the unforgiving weather. Her only companions appear to be the relentless ghosts from the hotel’s past and a FEMA agent she can contact by an old-school radio.

You can now pre-order The Suicide of Rachel Foster on GOG.COM with a special 25% discount, lasting until 26th February, 2 PM UTC.
Certainly doesn't sound like a very happy game, I think I'll pass on this.
What is that thing in the image?.... It looks like a weird pierced female genital.
Digital_CHE: What is that thing in the image?.... It looks like a weird pierced female genital.
Sorry to disappoint, but it looks like orthodontic retainer to me.

Anyway, the hotel in this game gives me The Shining vibes.
Spectrum_Legacy: Sorry to disappoint, but it looks like orthodontic retainer to me.
Thought so too while taking a good long hard look a it.
Spectrum_Legacy: Anyway, the hotel in this game gives me The Shining vibes.
Sure doesn't look like a fun place....except for (some) gamers. ;-)

Having had a quick look on the specs' page, deciding on a hard pass... until I did some checking and saw that the Devs have added support update for Linux.

I'd like to think it's safe to assume this apply for this release here too and not just elsewhere. If so, that should be mentioned on the store page.

https://linuxgameconsortium.com/the-suicide-of-rachel-foster-support-update/
Post edited February 10, 2020 by Flyingfluffypiglet
The photorealism doesn't appeal to me, I prefer more aesthetically heavy graphics. Also being a thriller doesn't help with me, but it has potential to attract many players. But what is it with the titles of walking simulators, it sounds titled in the vein of What Remains of Edith Finch and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
Post edited February 10, 2020 by Dogmaus
The title is kind of a big turn-away trigger that doesn't quite jive with the rest of the descriptions. I hope the devs success, but subtly thing they should go with a rename.
mqstout: The title is kind of a big turn-away trigger that doesn't quite jive with the rest of the descriptions. I hope the devs success, but subtly thing they should go with a rename.
Can't be worse than The Sexy Brutale.
Flyingfluffypiglet: Thought so too while taking a good long hard look a it.

Sure doesn't look like a fun place....except for (some) gamers. ;-)

Having had a quick look on the specs' page, deciding on a hard pass... until I did some checking and saw that the Devs have added support update for Linux.

I'd like to think it's safe to assume this apply for this release here too and not just elsewhere. If so, that should be mentioned on the store page.

https://linuxgameconsortium.com/the-suicide-of-rachel-foster-support-update/
Shape-wise, I could see a butterfly of sorts too, but I guess that's way too mainstream or normie-like thing to see. You know just like the ink-blot test and people sometimes see weird things.

What's up with the specs though? Win7 x64 is not included, but should still work imo. Cpu is mid range from years back and gpu is previous gen midrange too. Personally I see no showstoppers here.
Post edited February 10, 2020 by Spectrum_Legacy
Spectrum_Legacy: Shape-wise, I could see a butterfly of sorts too, but I guess that's way too mainstream or normie-like thing to see. You know just like the ink-blot test and people sometimes see weird things.
Oh man those ink-blot things... Yikes can't stand those and could never see much beyond a mess. And it's not like I don't have a good imagination, it's just I hate those blobs.
Spectrum_Legacy: What's up with the specs though? Win7 x64 is not included, but should still work imo. Cpu is mid range from years back and gpu is previous gen midrange too. Personally I see no showstoppers here.
Showstopper here, for me, was either win8 (Yikes) or 10 (double yikes having made the executive decision to permanently defect to the Linux side. You could be right that indeed might run on 7, but just in case it doesn't, good thing that the Devs added Linux support for it.
Spectrum_Legacy: Win7 x64 is not included, but should still work imo.
When Microsoft dropped support (as of Jan 14) so did everybody else. Going forward, you can pretty much expect for any future game releases to not receive official Win 7 support.
Post edited February 10, 2020 by Mr.Mumbles
Spectrum_Legacy: Win7 x64 is not included, but should still work imo.
Mr.Mumbles: When Microsoft dropped support (as of Jan 14) so did everybody else. Going forward, you can pretty much expect for any future game releases to not receive official Win 7 support.
Sure. That's why I don't see it as a showstopper, since as long as the game doesn't use w10 exclusive features, I expect it to work just fine on w7 x64, esp. since the store page mentions it being dx11 title and w8.1 being supported.

In general, more games supporting Linux is always welcome though!
Suggesting title, and not a TPP walking simulator category, wishlisted for now, i will wait to a better discount.
This reminds me of firewatch but with a much more thriller vibe to it; into the wishlist it goes as I'm pretty tapped out!
low rated
Flyingfluffypiglet: Having had a quick look on the specs' page, deciding on a hard pass...
Yep, definitely, dropping Win 7 support makes for a clear hard pass, regardless of other things. The fact that it might work doesn't change that you'd be getting an unsupported piece of software and won't get any help in case something does go wrong, nor are you guaranteed a refund if you find that it doesn't work, since it'll be considered your fault for failing to meet the specs. And with a purchase of a digital copy of something being a show of support for the authors, why support those that refuse to support you?

Linux is good news though, and will become more and more important as time goes on. Maybe a few years down the line, barring a miraculous turnaround of MS's development direction, it'll be more important than Win 7 support for those wanting to stay away from 10. Will depend on some specifics though, and either way doesn't make up for it now.

About the game itself though, sounds like a sort of story and atmosphere some good devs could make nice things out of, for those who like this kind of games. Actually clicked on the topic to say this, after it made me curious enough to want to at least find out a bit more about it even though I'm not usually interested in these things... Then noticed the specs and... Yeah.

Edit: But since I looked, RPS preview from a Gamescom 2018 demo.
Post edited February 10, 2020 by Cavalary