It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
Gonna wait, so next year maybe, frankly the orig works perfectly well.
high rated
I guess nothing is sacred anymore. Another classic mangled by Beamdog. PST is what brought me to GOG and soon it will no longer be for sale separately anymore. It's a sad day.
low rated
I'll probably just get the EE.

Have the original but since it looks like the terrible sprite outlines are an option (a terrible option for screenshots) I don't see any probelms with it.

It's been nearly 20 years. Anyone who wants the original has probably gotten it by now. Those who haven't will probably appreciate the EE ease of use and can always play the original if they want to since it's included.
high rated
Planescape Torment is currently the highest rated game on GOG... that's going to change. Guess Deus Ex will now be the new best game on GOG.
Perhaps in this "Enhanced Edition" Beamdog will refrain from lacing the game with its Anita Sarkeesian-inspired feminist and LGBTQ propaganda. I play video games to escape political shit, not to have it forced down my throat. And I'm smart enough that I don't need some preachy dev telling me how to feel about trannies or gamer girls or whatever the hot-button issue of the day is.

I'm not touching this until I know for sure it isn't anything like the Baldur's Gate 1+2 EE versions.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Stormwalker
To clarify, people who already own PST will not get the EE, but people who purchase PST: EE with get the original for free?
nstgc: To clarify, people who already own PST will not get the EE, but people who purchase PST: EE with get the original for free?
Yes, just like with the previous EEs.
high rated
saneless: It's been nearly 20 years. Anyone who wants the original has probably gotten it by now. Those who haven't will probably appreciate the EE ease of use and can always play the original if they want to since it's included.
It still sucks, removing the ability of customers of buying it separately, in digital form.
Hunting for physical copies is no fun or cheap (though that depends where you live).
Some might argue that if you still haven't bought the classic title, you deserve to pay more with the EE, or the physical copy.
I disagree.
Newbies should have options of what to buy, it's not fair to remove classic PS:T from shelves. Actually move is probably a better word, since it's not completely removed, and customers who bought it won't lose it (thanks gOg).
Post edited March 29, 2017 by almabrds
low rated
Stormwalker: Perhaps in this "Enhanced Edition" Beamdog will refrain from lacing the game with its Anita Sarkeesian-inspired feminist and LGBTQ propaganda. I play video games to escape political shit, not to have it forced down my throat. And I'm smart enough that I don't need some preachy dev telling me how to feel about trannies or gamer girls or whatever the hot-button issue of the day is.
Now you're making them sound like they weren't lying their backsides off about what people didn't like about it.

People hated the bugs, and the broken features, and I was ready to choke somebody over the GamerGate line they made Minsc vomit up... They pulled that one, but Pepperidge Farm remembers, and so do I.

I liked the Safana edits better than the original, but I always hate it when some idiots screw with an established character for some lackwit activism, so I say it's like Gay Sulu where I don't mind a *new* gay character in the least but I hate the edits to an existing one.

I don't know anyone, aside from a few forum trolls, who had a problem with the trans character though...
From the FAQ: "Planescape: Torment has a unique tone and it would be impossible to add significant content to the game without changing that voice. Besides Chris Avellone's additions and edits to the text, we haven't changed any of the original Planescape: Torment content."

*nods* Absolutely zero hesitation in pulling the trigger on a pre-order after reading that. This is Chris' game*. If he's still calling the shots, I'm still on-board.

For those asking about the new visual "enhancements": yes, you can disable the sprite outlines and blur filter -- just as you can in the latest version of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. I don't like those effects. Many other people do. The option to enable/disable means an epic win for everyone.

And for those complaining about the price increase: come on -- 20 bucks is the price of a movie ticket, popcorn and a soda. At best, that gives you 2.5 hours of entertainment. Planescape: Torment is going to give you at least ten times that much entertainment value.

I'm excited to re-experience a polished version of this CRPG classic.

(* - Of course, there were so many other people besides Chris who were also instrumental in making this game an epic classic. I don't mean to discount their contributions as well.)
low rated
dudalb: ANd the original is included with the EE version, so those new to the game can still, when they have played the EE version, install the original and have fun with the mods.
richlind33: I think the right thing for GOG to do is keep selling the original at it's current price, and *also* offer a Beamdud Edition for those who can't be bothered to learn how to instal mods.

Hear that, GOG? o.O

As far as I'm concerned, as soon as the option to buy the original by itself is eliminated, it will thenceforth be in the public domain.
dudalb: If Beamdog has gotten the rights to the game..which they have...it is not GOG's decision to make. Beamdog can dictate how the game will be sold, and for what price.
And as for "As Far As I Am Concerned, It is in The PUblic Domain" you don't seem to understand how copyright works......
I understand PERFECTLY how it works, which is why I prefaced the statement with AFAIC.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by richlind33
high rated
Oh come on, this again, with the removal of the original as separate entry? Seriously, Beamdog's going on my boycott list. (Not that I'd have been interested in what they're doing, but as a matter of principle, in case they'll come up with something interesting eventually.)
high rated
I'm just glad I own all of these games from before Beamdog picked them up.

I may have bought three games from them before they screwed the pooch, but I'm not out any great classics because I won't give these guys any more of my money post-SoD.
Cavalary: ...in case they'll come up with something interesting eventually.)
Come up with something interesting?

Like, on their own, being creative and stuff?

You saw what happened when they tried that last time, didn't you?
Post edited March 29, 2017 by liamphoenix
high rated
I assume that Torment will go into a Beamdog bundle now. And the original devs names will just sort of be shuffled into the corner.

Since when does glorified port studio get to slap their name on venerable classics?
low rated
It's about time! It deserves an update!