It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

See no evil, hear all evil.

<span class="bold">Perception</span>, a first-person thriller about a blind woman exploring a mysterious mansion haunted by a dark presence, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 13% pre-order discount.

Your eyes can't help you but your other senses immediately kick in: especially that of self-preservation. Stay calm and the strange mansion at Echo Bluff will be slowly revealed to you as a sharp soundscape, painstakingly created through echolocation. Every sound could be a clue. Every movement, a looming threat. Every secret, a demon for you to conquer.

The 13% discount will last until May 30.

Watch the trailer with your eyes closed.
Post edited May 23, 2017 by maladr0Id
I'm proud to have backed the campaign on kickstarter some 2.5 years ago. It's been a fun journey with regular updates and the guys and girls (<3) are super loveable®

@dreamlmer7: I enjoyed the voice recording samples I heard so far (and there have been quite a few during the campaign). From what I can tell the actress did more than just a decent job.

Oh and Ken Levine is also a backer, which say a lot imo.
So this is the game from masters of Bioshock, if I recall corectly. =\

Guess I'll look into this at later date.
The game sounds very interesting but I am concerned that "sounds" play too important a role. I'm hearing impaired so I will obviously have some difficulties in that department. I suppose that if there are subtitles that help with noises but I'm not sure how that would help without being "overly helpful". What I mean by that is, I know that some games just want a faint sound in the background that is important but can be missed or overlooked if you are otherwise distracted. With subtitles ... well, subtitles will guarantee that the sound will not be missed.

I saw someone mention something about wanting a demo. In my situation, I think a demo would be perfect. I need to know I'f i'm going to just waste my money.
Regional Discriminating Price.
No thanks.
Is the "dark presence" actually an abusive caretaker, perhaps her husband?
EDIT: My mistake, it's a pre-order, I did not even notice that!

=================================================================================-=======

In my cart now, but before I buy does this have a re-bind-able keymap? If not, then no dice as that's a deal-breaker for me, unless I can re-bind via config /ini file...
Post edited May 24, 2017 by takezodunmer2005
Is this another of those "walking simulator" or can we hope for something with more ambitious gameplay, like maybe Outlast ?
The concept sounds interesting but it's flawed from the start, blind woman pc, but the gimmick is that somehow she has echolocation? does anyone know how unique is echolocation in humans? I get it, you can't sell a game that is just a blank screen, scary sounds and nothing else, I get it, but from a story point of view its just too convenient and unrealistic for my taste (says the guy that loves killing dragons and fighting off alien invasions)...

I guess I would be more atracted to it if it a was a VR-game that would actually emulate blindness and used 3d sound to emulate heightened hearing and used that echolocation effect we saw in the trailer on a minor extent to emulate touch in conjunction with the rumbling pack of a joystick so when the player touches a wall, object or piece of furniture it would appear on the screen as best as the character can guess what it is and have a better mental image of the objects as she interacts more with them, imagine a minigame of her feeling a statue until she gets what it is, a knife with which she may cut herself feeling the edge or point or even feeling for the face of a corpse recognising who that person was maybe a friend or family member even a total stranger, and for smell I would just use coloured mist tendrils that become brighter as you approarch them and dimmer as you get away from them, and using a blindstick with the same effect as touch to move faster but at the same time making noise that would attract whatever is preying for her... that would make more sense to me for this concept of blind woman trapped in the house of horrors, but I guess my idea would be even dumber and overly complicated for everyone else. Anyway sorry, that was a long way for me to say that I'm more than likely not buying this one.
Not very happy with this dev. Kickstarted it and they screwed over all of the backers who paid more for physical copies by deciding a month before the game comes out that they're not going to do physical versions, but keep the money. It's nuts, the comments section has lots of people pissed.
http://cliqist.com/2017/05/25/backers-giving-perception-chilly-reception-changes/
inc09nito: Is this another of those "walking simulator" or can we hope for something with more ambitious gameplay, like maybe Outlast ?
You mean a "running simulator" ?
Legacy: Not very happy with this dev. Kickstarted it and they screwed over all of the backers who paid more for physical copies by deciding a month before the game comes out that they're not going to do physical versions, but keep the money. It's nuts, the comments section has lots of people pissed.
Wow, that's a really bad move. Delivering a physical disc should have been one of their priorities. Having a game DRM-free on GOG and having a cool-looking physical disc package is not the same thing at all.

Their excuse of not being able to patch it for those with a physical disc is very weak, as I can't imagine it's the lack of internet access that made these people want a physical copy. The devs could simply have posted the patches for download on their website, for people to download and install manually.
Post edited May 27, 2017 by Ricky_Bobby
GOG.com: See no evil, hear all evil.

The 13% discount will last until May 30.

Watch the trailer with your eyes closed.
Question: why does there have to be a 13% discount to drop the pre-order price down to $19.99 for a game whose MSRP is already $19.99? Does GOG mark up the prices of games regularly?
Ricky_Bobby: Wow, that's a really bad move. Delivering a physical disc should have been one of their priorities. Having a game DRM-free on GOG and having a cool-looking physical disc package is not the same thing at all.

Their excuse of not being able to patch it for those with a physical disc is very weak, as I can't imagine it's the lack of internet access that made these people want a physical copy.
That cliquist article makes it sound like they will be delivering physical collector's items, just not with the game on the disc. I don't see (hurr hurr) a problem with this except the aforementioned lack of internet access.
Post edited May 29, 2017 by Starmaker