It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pretty village, pretty flames.

<span class="bold">Kingdoms and Castles</span>, a building/strategy game where you expand your humble medieval villages into majestic, castle-crowned cities, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com!

Medieval times were not the best environment to raise a city in: dragons, raiders, diseases, aggressive weather - they'll all try to bring it down. But follow a sensible design, keep your citizens in good health, build the odd wall if necessary, and you might give your village a fighting chance in this dynamic, unforgiving world.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_yODlvKKW-I
Post edited March 10, 2017 by maladr0Id
I don't preorder but might get it when it comes out but I have to see some actual gameplay first.
This is a voxel version of Warcraft 1?
Hmmm.... would be good to know if in the final game there will be a campaign mode or if this will just be free play where you can do whatever you want without actual goals.
Pheace: Was watching this playthrough myself, seems pretty nice overall
mistermumbles: Funny you say that. The more I watch, the less interested I become. It really doesn't seem anything but a version of Stronghold light. Since there also don't seem to be any actual goals, I can see this relatively basic game becoming very boring very quickly.
I might consider that an issue if it was a $20 or $30 game but it seems fine for a $10 game to me.
Ghorpm: I don't preorder but might get it when it comes out but I have to see some actual gameplay first.
Here is some gameplay with the latest alpha version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H5gMXD20KA&amp;t=6s
Pheace: I might consider that an issue if it was a $20 or $30 game but it seems fine for a $10 game to me.
As unfair as a comparison it may be since Stronghold very likely had a significantly higher budget, but when you can get that game for 6 bucks instead, and there are literally thousands of user-created scenarios available for the game.... well, K&C just seems to come up a wee bit short.
Ghorpm: I don't preorder but might get it when it comes out but I have to see some actual gameplay first.
Matruchus: Here is some gameplay with the latest alpha version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H5gMXD20KA&amp;t=6s
Thanks. It does look interesting. I will probably buy it when it is released
Title got my hopes up for a revival of Chris Taylor's unfinished Kings & Castles for a moment.
Post edited March 12, 2017 by BmB
Marioface5: Hopefully next week will make up for how slow this one has been. One release, and one game removed. Oh well, some weeks are like that.
Which game was removed? :/
guppy44: Which game was removed? :/
Chronicles of Riddick.
guppy44: Which game was removed? :/
Grargar: Chronicles of Riddick.
Well that's unfortunate. I hope they can find a way to bring it back like they recently did with Constructor. I had always assumed game removal announcements hit the homepage, but after looking I see this one was announced in the normal forums. Looks like I better make it a habit to check those. :)
guppy44: Well that's unfortunate. I hope they can find a way to bring it back like they recently did with Constructor. I had always assumed game removal announcements hit the homepage, but after looking I see this one was announced in the normal forums. Looks like I better make it a habit to check those. :)
Most game removal announcements don't actually hit the frontpage. Those who do are usually to warn that a game will be removed in days. There's been quite a few times when a game was removed before an announcement was even made.
Fuck me, I just instantly hit PURCHASE as I loved the look of it and felt like trying something new - couldn't understand why I wouldn't download it, and that's when it hit me: "PRE-ORDER", doh!
toxicTom: Flames?
35 seconds in on the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/embed/_yODlvKKW-I

Those pesky Vikings. They destroy everything.

edit: Wishlisted. I still can't buy anything here....
Post edited March 13, 2017 by drmike
guppy44: Well that's unfortunate. I hope they can find a way to bring it back like they recently did with Constructor. I had always assumed game removal announcements hit the homepage, but after looking I see this one was announced in the normal forums. Looks like I better make it a habit to check those. :)
Grargar: Most game removal announcements don't actually hit the frontpage. Those who do are usually to warn that a game will be removed in days. There's been quite a few times when a game was removed before an announcement was even made.
That solidifies it. I need to make it a habit to check the main forums. I typically just look through the announcements from the homepage but I think I'll gain much more in the belly of the beast... I mean GOG Bear. :)