It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Conquering the upside down.

UPDATE: Despite surface rumors to the contrary, his malevolence the Dungeon Lord is a generous ruler. As proof, he decided to give all who pre-order Dungeons 3 a FREE copy of Dungeons 2 on top of all the other shiny bonuses. If you already own Dungeons 2, contact our support team to get a copy you can gift to a friend.

Act fast - the offer lasts until October 13, 2017.

Dungeons 3 is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com. Pre-order now to get 15% off, the exclusive Throne Room DLC, the game's OST and access to the game's beta.
Return to the dungeon management saga to rule your underground kingdom alongside the dark elf priestess Thayla, then wage war against the surface lands with an army of despicable, smelly, occasionally unruly creatures. This entry introduces randomly generated levels for the first time in the series, for more unpredictable, chaotically evil fun.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ysowXNr6ogQ?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited October 05, 2017 by maladr0Id
Who trust in Kalypso lately ?
C'mon, it's really silly, to try kicking the dead horse over and over again.
Keep calm and play Dungeon Keeper (not even War of the Overlord).
Judging by the trailer at least it looks like it could be a ton of fun, as long as it has a well put together campaign.
As with several recent releases, which had linux port previously, this one doesn't... disturbing for me.
Is it really so few players using linux OS? That's sad. :/
FYI GOG Blues: The image on the home page about the preorder links to https://www.gog.com/game/dungeons_3_preorder (which doesn't work)
ped7g: As with several recent releases, which had linux port previously, this one doesn't... disturbing for me.
Is it really so few players using linux OS? That's sad. :/
According to the FAQ there will be a Linux version. Whether or not it will show up on GoG is a different matter entirely.

Note that Steam only shows Windows and Mac at the moment like GoG. Not sure why that is - maybe the Linux version is delayed?

[EDIT] Steam version does have Linux - I keep forgetting they replaced the penguin with their own logo for Linux support.
Post edited September 21, 2017 by tremere110
tremere110: Note that Steam only shows Windows and Mac at the moment like GoG. Not sure why that is - maybe the Linux version is delayed?
Steam's store page for the game does show Linux support (they use the Steam icon to indicate Linux support rather than something more obvious like Tux)
Erm, no.
Nice, have been asking myself it this will come to gog. Dungeons 2 was an excellent game and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Also I expect there will be a Linux native version later on gog like it was with Dungeons 2.
Early Access/Paid Beta with Regional Discrminating price on top.

Pass
Post edited September 22, 2017 by robertgg
Nice! Can't wait for this one, the 2nd was amazing with its mix of strategy and building.
Wish they would stop this pre-order stuff. It's so annoying.

With that out of the way, I found some alpha footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VCayn2TXHg

I think it looks quite enjoyable. The official trailer, on the other hand, turned me off completely. Why does all trailers have to be so fast-paced? This is building/management sim, not a shooter.

I think the random levels could turn out to be a fun challenge. But so far, I don't know much about the game. Let's see what the reviews say.
Personally, I'm not that much into the cartoony style. Is it inspired by World of Warcraft? Anyway, I much prefer the style in War for the Overworld.

I have played neither. By the way, the full version of War for the Overworld currently cost $20 (That's 64% off)
gog staff:

if this is "in beta" shouldn't it have a great, big "in development" sticker on it?

if not, well, all hail the slippery slope?

and of course, that old chestnut. buy into the beta. why ever would we want to hire competent beta testers who have studied for that job when we could rake in bonus money by making our fans "test" for us.

i'm not into dungeons at all, but if i were, this would be a super duper hard pass for me. as always, please feel free to tell kalypso that they lost at least one sale this way.
Post edited September 22, 2017 by lostwolfe
lostwolfe: gog staff:

if this is "in beta" shouldn't it have a great, big "in development" sticker on it?

if not, well, all hail the slippery slope?

and of course, that old chestnut. buy into the beta. why ever would we want to hire competent beta testers who have studied for that job when we could rake in bonus money by making our fans "test" for us.

i'm not into dungeons at all, but if i were, this would be a super duper hard pass for me. as always, please feel free to tell kalypso that they lost at least one sale this way.
This is advertised as a pre-order. That means it has an expected release date approaching soon. Access to the beta is a bonus they're throwing in with the other advantages of pre-orders, like being able to take a blind gamble on a game's quality and support instead of waiting to see if it's worth the money.

All pre-orders are in development up until release. It's a rare exception that isn't. GOG uses the "in development" label for games that aren't as far along in their development cycle, where the expectation of the buyer is that they will enjoy the game as-is and not feel horribly cheated if the final update falls short of original promises. A pre-order promises a finished retail release with advertised features on a scheduled date.