It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Darksiders Genesis is now available for pre-order. Get it 15% off until release on December 5th.

From the dawn of creation, The Council has maintained the Balance across existence. Carrying out their orders are The Horsemen, Nephilim who have pledged themselves to the Council and been granted immense power. However, this power came at a tragic cost: the Horsemen were ordered to use their newfound strength to wipe out the rest of their kind. What followed was a bloody battle on Eden where the Horsemen, obeying the will of the Council, annihilated the Nephilim.

Darksiders Genesis is an action/adventure game that tears its way through hordes of demons, angels, and everything in-between on its way to Hell and back with guns blazing and swords swinging. Genesis gives players their first look at the world of Darksiders before the events of the original game, as well as introduces the horseman Strife.
MarkoH01: Keep on hoping since this should take place before the events of the original game according to the description.
pferreira1983: I'm well aware of that. Let's hope then this new game does better than the third to allow a fourth game to be made.
DS 4 is pretty much already guaranteed. Their goal for DS3 was 100k sold copies and they had 71k last December on JUST Steam (so not even console sales). It was pretty successful overall. This game will be hard pressed to beat it.
Dubya75: Is this a joke?! It is almost like, I don't know...like the developer of this franchise not understanding what Darksiders is? They can't seem to settle on a style for this game. They more or less nailed it with Darksiders 2, then made a mess with 3, now it looks like it is just going backwards even further...
What Developer?
There isn't "A Developer", and hasn't been since Nordic, bought the rights to the Franchise, and THQ name.

Vigil & THQ Era
Darksiders - Developer: Vigil Games - Publisher: THQ - September 2010
Darksiders II - Developer: Vigil Games - Publisher: THQ - August 2012

THQ goes bust, And Nordic Games buy the rights, and become
Publisher: THQ Nordic
Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition - Remaster Developers: Gunfire Games and Nordic Games - November 2015
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition - Remaster Developers: KAIKO Games - November 2016
Darksiders III - Developer: Gunfire Games - November 2018
Darksiders: Genesis - Developer: Airship Syndicate - PDecember 2019

Every single release as had a different set of devs, with only Gunfire Games, getting a Remaster, then a new game.
However, even that had another dev getting involved with the second remaster, in between those Gunfire made games.

That's the real problem, it's the publisher THQ Nordic, that can't even decide what genre it wants Darksiders to become.
No devs ever been given any chance, to define the direction of the series, from one game to the next.

Also the general consensus from most Darksiders fans appears to be that the second games the worst one, with the first being by far the best, and the third game, in between the pair..

Main issues with second game, is the Looter Mechanic, forcing gear changes every few levels, and way too much forced backtracking,

So "nailing it" may be your opinion, and there's nothing wrong with you liking it more, but it's a minority opinion that most fans would disagree with.

Finally
The original PC port of D2 was that bad it's been removed from every store
While the original for the first game is still available, as a Legacy download, for new owners of the remaster.
So that won't help it's case.
The game has been ported poorly with numerous configuration and launching issues.
Cannot be purchased digitally anymore as this original version has since been replaced by Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition.
Source: Darksiders II - PCGW - PCGamingWiki
Post edited October 22, 2019 by UhuruNUru
UhuruNUru: The original PC port of D2 was that bad it's been removed from every store
Well - while it was buggy that was probably not the reason they removed it. They removed it to sell the remaster and obviously (according to Tom from THQ) it would be problematic adding it as an extra because of its DLCs some bought and some did not buy or somethimng like that. Also the remastered version is still far from being perfect or bug free.
Post edited October 24, 2019 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Well - while it was buggy that was probably not the reason they removed it. They removed it to sell the remaster and obviously (according to Tom from THQ) it would be problematic adding it as an extra because of its DLCs some bought and some did not buy or somethimng like that. Also the remastered version is still far from being perfect or bug free.
No, they didn't need to remove it, completely, as Warmasters proves.

There's no issues with providing it with All DLC as a bonus Legacy version
It's a bonus given to all of the remastered owners.

That's exactly how the first game is done, I only ever bought the Warmastered edition here, and I still got the legacy version.

The Legacy game, and all DLC would be provided as a bonus to all the remastered owners, regardless of any previous purchases.
Typically when a remaster is released, you would need to own the Game + All DLC, to be entitled to a free Remaster upgrade.

Finally even the Vigil Dev Team acknowledged the issues with the PC port.
Vigil Games are “doing everything we can” to address Darksiders 2 PC port problems | PCGamesN
MarkoH01: Well - while it was buggy that was probably not the reason they removed it. They removed it to sell the remaster and obviously (according to Tom from THQ) it would be problematic adding it as an extra because of its DLCs some bought and some did not buy or somethimng like that. Also the remastered version is still far from being perfect or bug free.
UhuruNUru: No, they didn't need to remove it, completely, as Warmasters proves.

There's no issues with providing it with All DLC as a bonus Legacy version
It's a bonus given to all of the remastered owners.
Like I said, it was the explanation THQNordic posted here in this forum.
MarkoH01: Like I said, it was the explanation THQNordic posted here in this forum.
I just don't accept that pathetic excuse, I mean "explanation", is in any way shape or form a true, and honest answer.

It's irrelevant what DLC was, or was not owned by original owners..
The complete legacy package would have to be provided to all Remaster owners, even if they never owned the original.

Thing is I'd be perfectly OK with them saying (as the original devs admitted), that the port had too many issues to meet THQ Nordic's standards, and they were not willing to support the original, as a legacy release.

It's the utter bullshit, they used as an excuse, I take issue with, not that the legacy version is not provided.
Post edited October 26, 2019 by UhuruNUru
UhuruNUru: It's the utter bullshit, they used as an excuse, I take issue with, not that the legacy version is not provided.
I also never said that I accept their explanation but since they gave it and they are the ones that could bring the legacy version back that probably will never happen.
idbeholdME: DS 4 is pretty much already guaranteed. Their goal for DS3 was 100k sold copies and they had 71k last December on JUST Steam (so not even console sales). It was pretty successful overall. This game will be hard pressed to beat it.
That's good. I read somewhere the third game wasn't the success THQ Nordic hoped it would be. I had doubts a fourth would be made.

By the way what happened to Virgil Games anyway? Did they roll into THQ Nordic or are they part of other development teams?
Post edited October 26, 2019 by pferreira1983
pferreira1983: By the way what happened to Virgil Games anyway? Did they roll into THQ Nordic or are they part of other development teams?
When THQ went bust, Vigil did, and nobody bid for the rightss, from my recent reseach I gathered these Wikipedia facts

While Crytek planned to bid for Vigil due to its past work, owner Cevat Yerli ultimately decided not to because he felt that their current projects would not fit with the company's strategy. However, following Vigil's closure, Crytek would establish a new U.S. subsidiary known Crytek USA, led by David Adams and employing many of its former staff.

Other former Vigil Employees have gone to work for Retro Studios, Battlecry Studios, Certain Affinity and many others.
Many of the staff also joined Gunfire Games, a company set up in 2014 by Adams and Airship Syndicate, formed by co-founder Joe Madureira in 2015.
So Gunfire Games are essentially the nearest "Spiritual successors" to Vigil,
It Certainly puts Darksiders III in a new light.
Post edited October 26, 2019 by UhuruNUru
UhuruNUru: So Gunfire Games are essentially the nearest "Spiritual successors" to Vigil,
It Certainly puts Darksiders III in a new light.
Thanks for that info. Well I guess what they really need for the fourth game to be done properly is to have the same writers as the first two games. At the end of the day it's all in the script.
Post edited October 27, 2019 by pferreira1983