It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to GOG.COM on September 17th, 2020 and is now available for pre-orders.

The game will come with a soundtrack, a digital booklet with art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, and wallpapers for desktop and mobile. GOG.COM users will also receive a set of exclusive goodies when the game is released: a digital booklet about the game (more details soon), an additional set of wallpapers and avatars, and print quality Cyberpunk 2077 posters.

Pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 before June 17th to receive a special 30% off discount for the official CD PROJEKT RED merch store*.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

When buying Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

*One-time discount is valid only for Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders made on GOG.COM before June 17th, 2019, 10 PM UTC, and applies to items available in the official CD PROJEKT RED merchandise store, excluding figurines and products already on discount. Regional restrictions apply. See our Support page for more details.
https://twitter.com/romero/status/1321133476893102081
"Cyberpunk is now being released for DOOM's birthday. What a great present! Thank you @CDPROJEKTRED."
So, did they stop "crunching" then? If so: Great, no problem with the delay.
Does this mean three more weeks of crunch? Shame on you, and another good reaso why you simply should never pre order.
Not that I personally care, but it does make me wonder - what could be so borked about the game that's gone gold that it's better to delay the whole thing instead of letting people play it with the patch coming a couple weeks later? And why and how would a game apparently so borked go gold in the first place?
LMAO
Swedrami: Nah, this is the last delay, I think.
Third time is the charm. Plus, they already have gone gold, so those extra 3 weeks is likely just for cramming as much fixes and improvements into the day 1 patch as possible.
Third ?????????
I pre-ordered last year, is it still possible to get a refund? After they reached Gold Status I asked for a week off after release to play it. But since the release is pushed further back even with crunch... I'm considering backing out... if possible. I'm really angry at the moment with no tolerance for the new delay of a digital good which reached Gold Status. Even if there would be no Day-1/0 Patch... So much for the trust - Well I'm not afraid that the game wouldn't be fun, but the last stretche before the release is no fun, not at all...
Breja: Not that I personally care, but it does make me wonder - what could be so borked about the game that's gone gold that it's better to delay the whole thing instead of letting people play it with the patch coming a couple weeks later? And why and how would a game apparently so borked go gold in the first place?
I'm with you on that, they should let people just play the game.

This procedure is Pretty normal these days, many triple A releases have you download dozens of GB in a day 1 patch. Going gold doesn't mean a lot (I'm talking about triple A releases).
Post edited October 27, 2020 by NuffCatnip
This has legitimately become inexcusable. I love CD Projekt, they're an amazing company, but the way they've handled this release cycle has been inexcusably awful. After the second delay, they really should have just said "Q4 2020". That way, we wouldn't have even known this delay was a delay in the first place. Plus, they've completely screwed over people who took off work to play the game by, as recently as yesterday, telling us that it was 100% confirmed: no more delays.

I want this game and this company to succeed. Like I said, I love CD Projekt as a company, they're one of my favorite companies across all industries. However, this delay is only going to hurt the game. People who haven't preordered aren't likely to do so at all, now, and plenty of those who did preorder are losing interest. Moreover, with this taking place AFTER Black Friday, fewer people will be able to swing it financially (it's going to be very difficult for me). Plus, with the fact that it's been delayed THREE TIMES, once after them telling us "no more" with 100% certainty the day before the announcement of another delay, there are plenty of people that will just end up waiting until after release, if they get the game at all.

I hope that with whatever CDPR's next game is, they learn from the atrocious mistakes they've made with this game's release cycle and don't let us down in ways that could be so easily avoided.
Post edited October 27, 2020 by JakobFel
https://twitter.com/cyberpunkgame/status/1321128432370176002

Now I'm a bit disappointed. PC's can always get a day 1 patch if something is seriously wrong (and consoles that are downloading a game), and I couldn't care less about consoles. Talk about shooting off their own foot, and I can understand people getting upset and rage-unpreorder.

I'm still willing to wait longer if I have to but only because I believe CDPR are the only developer company left that makes good AAA games...
Post edited October 27, 2020 by sanscript
NuffCatnip: I'm with you on that, they should let people just play the game.
I think they're more concerned about reviewers than regular people, but this is nonetheless very unfortunate and an indication of management issues at CDPR.
JakobFel: Plus, they've completely screwed over people who took off work to play the game by, as recently as yesterday, telling us that it was 100% confirmed: no more delays.
Yeah, I do feel somewhat for those that did seeing how close it was to the (now former) release date, but in most cases it'll be fine. I can't imagine a boss/company would have any trouble letting the person work those days instead :D
Post edited October 27, 2020 by sanscript
Breja: Not that I personally care, but it does make me wonder - what could be so borked about the game that's gone gold that it's better to delay the whole thing instead of letting people play it with the patch coming a couple weeks later? And why and how would a game apparently so borked go gold in the first place?
I guess they want to REALLY polish this damn thing.
Until you can see through it.

Swedrami: Nah, this is the last delay, I think.
Third time is the charm. Plus, they already have gone gold, so those extra 3 weeks is likely just for cramming as much fixes and improvements into the day 1 patch as possible.
VBProject: Third ?????????
It has been delayed three times now.

Pure speculation of course, but I think moving the release any number of times has always been an option, as long as it still stays within 2020.
And what's another 3 weeks of waiting at this point anyway?
Post edited October 27, 2020 by Swedrami
WinterSnowfall: but this is nonetheless very unfortunate and an indication of management issues at CDPR.
That might be the case (and I wouldn't be surprised).
Oh well, I can wait. :P
WinterSnowfall: I think they're more concerned about reviewers than regular people, but this is nonetheless very unfortunate and an indication of management issues at CDPR.
Imagine still caring about reviews from hack leftist jornous.
I don't much care about the game either but look at what happened to Serious Sam 4 for example. Instead of delaying it for a few weeks, they released it and the game initially bombed due to technical issues and a multitude of bugs. It's better off now that it's been out for a while and it is recuperating the from the initial impact but the initial negative feeling will persist there forever.

I say that if they are not confident in the previous release date, delays are fine. Nobody should pre-order a year in advance in the first place. I prefer as close to a finished product as possible rather than throwing a beta version at people and letting them do the final testing. A massive day 1 patch can go a long way to improve the general reception of the game.