It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to GOG.COM on September 17th, 2020 and is now available for pre-orders.

The game will come with a soundtrack, a digital booklet with art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, and wallpapers for desktop and mobile. GOG.COM users will also receive a set of exclusive goodies when the game is released: a digital booklet about the game (more details soon), an additional set of wallpapers and avatars, and print quality Cyberpunk 2077 posters.

Pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 before June 17th to receive a special 30% off discount for the official CD PROJEKT RED merch store*.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

When buying Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

*One-time discount is valid only for Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders made on GOG.COM before June 17th, 2019, 10 PM UTC, and applies to items available in the official CD PROJEKT RED merchandise store, excluding figurines and products already on discount. Regional restrictions apply. See our Support page for more details.
B1tF1ghter: This is a follow up of my post 349 (because GOG forum system behaves like a garbage so I had to wait with posting this post follow up)
Ir's not garbage perse....the forums only allow so many characters per post and you likely went over that limit.
B1tF1ghter: This is a follow up of my post 349 (because GOG forum system behaves like a garbage so I had to wait with posting this post follow up)
GameRager: Ir's not garbage perse....the forums only allow so many characters per post and you likely went over that limit.
I gave a more explanation on that in post 360...
low rated
B1tF1ghter: Can you trust them? Depends...
And YES it CAN be checked if you have the tools and time to check multiple bilions of parts in the CPU...
It CAN be checked although it would be VERY hard to check...

Meanwhile it is TOTALLY not possible to check regular CPU like that because it is not open source at all...

So even if it would be hard to check it is still possible to do so and that means it is nowhere near comparable to regular CPUs...

====================================
I tend to write walls of text so sorry if it's too long...

Well that would be easier if GOG forum system would not be working like a total absolute garbage...
It's not letting me post my wall of text... It just hangs processing FOREVER...
Then when I try to post it in parts then instead of letting me make several posts in a row it just sticks my new posts to the last one...
Even then it may just hang processing forever...
Then it just refuses to add more and I have to wait until somebody posts something after me so I can continue...
Im pretty sure it's a forum glitch...
Maybe I tend to break this one too...
=====================================
Also Im sorry for going terribly offtopic but how exactly does the forum rep system work here?
Should it grow when I post? Or does it only do so when somebody upvotes my post?
Also does the rep give anything apart from being incredibly inacurate depiction of somebodys activity on the forum?
Once again... Sorry for going terribly offtopic...

(Luke)
Still unless someone does all that checking one cannot(and shouldn't imo) say they have total control over their computer.

===========================
It's no biggie...I am used to such walls of text and sometimes like reading them. :)

You likely messed up a set of tags and that;s why it hanged when trying to post....also as I have said before there is a character limit per post and once it's hit you cannot post more ITT until the next post is allowed(every 10 minutes if you were the last person to post and no one has posted since in a thread).
=========================
You gain one rep per day when you make your first post of the day, and also if a post of your is high rated(it goes up when 5 or more people uprate it) you gain 1 rep(and vice versa for low rated posts....to a max of 5 rep +/- per day for others voting your posts up/down). You can also gain 5 rep if you answer someone's quesiton thread and they mark it as the solution.

GameRager: Ir's not garbage perse....the forums only allow so many characters per post and you likely went over that limit.
B1tF1ghter: I gave a more explanation on that in post 360...
Yeah I just read that one....it takes me a bit to catch up with every post in a thread. :)
Post edited June 11, 2019 by GameRager
B1tF1ghter: Can you trust them? Depends...
GameRager: Still unless someone does all that checking one cannot(and shouldn't imo) say they have total control over their computer.
Yes but it is uncomparably better to run that and with Linux than using regular and Windows...
It's basically almost perfect... It can be better but it is still uncomparably better this way (those plus Linux) than Windows and the junk...
Plus as it is open source it would be possible to patch that if something would be discovered in the hardware...

GameRager: there is a character limit per post and once it's hit you cannot post more ITT until the next post is allowed(every 10 minutes if you were the last person to post and no one has posted since in a thread)
Yeah I dunno... well I tried I think after far longer than 10 and still wasn't able to do so...
Also if there is a limit then it should say it once I reach it and maybe also NOT allow me to dump more than is allowed into input field...

GameRager: You gain one rep per day when you make your first post of the day, and also if a post of your is high rated(it goes up when 5 or more people uprate it) you gain 1 rep(and vice versa for low rated posts....to a max of 5 rep +/- per day for others voting your posts up/down). You can also gain 5 rep if you answer someone's quesiton thread and they mark it as the solution.
That's a good info to know... Thanks!
Screamshield: When can we expect to see the minimum system requirements for the game? Can anyone from GOG answer?
Seeing as today's the first day of E3 my guess is pretty soon! I would hope so though...
low rated
GameRager: Still unless someone does all that checking one cannot(and shouldn't imo) say they have total control over their computer.
B1tF1ghter: Yes but it is uncomparably better to run that and with Linux than using regular and Windows...
It's basically almost perfect... It can be better but it is still uncomparably better this way (those plus Linux) than Windows and the junk...
Plus as it is open source it would be possible to patch that if something would be discovered in the hardware...

==============================
GameRager: there is a character limit per post and once it's hit you cannot post more ITT until the next post is allowed(every 10 minutes if you were the last person to post and no one has posted since in a thread)
B1tF1ghter: Yeah I dunno... well I tried I think after far longer than 10 and still wasn't able to do so...
Also if there is a limit then it should say it once I reach it and maybe also NOT allow me to dump more than is allowed into input field...

===========================

GameRager: You gain one rep per day when you make your first post of the day, and also if a post of your is high rated(it goes up when 5 or more people uprate it) you gain 1 rep(and vice versa for low rated posts....to a max of 5 rep +/- per day for others voting your posts up/down). You can also gain 5 rep if you answer someone's quesiton thread and they mark it as the solution.
B1tF1ghter: That's a good info to know... Thanks!
This is likely true...I was mainly just making a point because i'm "autistic" that way.
====================
The forums are badly put together and lack features such as char limit counters in post boxes, sadly.
====================
No problem
GameRager: Wouldn't you still need to trsut those who made the open source hardware unless you reverse engingeered it yourself to make sure it was 100% free of backdoors/safe?
B1tF1ghter: Designed or manufactured?
Designed...
It is entirely open source and you can LITERALY make a FORK with your own modifications...
So it can be entirely checked... Being competent enough to check it is a different thing... But as it is fully open source then if somebody is competent enough then they can totally check it...
And as there is not so much hardware like that then more people are looking into this so...

Manufactured...
Well here we get to the unfortunate... Here I could make a HUGE list of can you trust SOMETHING...
Like pick and place machine... (pick and place machines are used while making PCBs) (PCBs obviously don't apply here...)
Company making the CPU... Company making machines making CPU...
More machines...
Seriously it is quite going forever...

Can you trust them? Depends...
And YES it CAN be checked if you have the tools and time to check multiple bilions of parts in the CPU...
It CAN be checked although it would be VERY hard to check...

Meanwhile it is TOTALLY not possible to check regular CPU like that because it is not open source at all...

So even if it would be hard to check it is still possible to do so and that means it is nowhere near comparable to regular CPUs...

My personal dream would be to have a quantum computer that would be fully open source and made in such a quality that it could run for more than a 1000 years (like those in Horizon Zero Dawn... and NO I didn't play Horizon Zero Dawn yet because I don't have the console YET... also Im refusing to watch it because I know I would love this game so Im trying to avoid spoilers before I someday obtain a console to play it myself as I woulf probably love this game)...
That running fully open source software...
And also cyberbrains and being like Major and being Super Wizard class :P :D Or at least being Ishikawa of all people... :D :D...

GameRager: Also kudos to you for posting so much...it puts my longwinded replies to shame. :)
B1tF1ghter: I tend to write walls of text so sorry if it's too long...

Well that would be easier if GOG forum system would not be working like a total absolute garbage...
It's not letting me post my wall of text... It just hangs processing FOREVER...
Then when I try to post it in parts then instead of letting me make several posts in a row it just sticks my new posts to the last one...
Even then it may just hang processing forever...
Then it just refuses to add more and I have to wait until somebody posts something after me so I can continue...
Im pretty sure it's a forum glitch...
Maybe I tend to break this one too...

Also Im sorry for going terribly offtopic but how exactly does the forum rep system work here?
Should it grow when I post? Or does it only do so when somebody upvotes my post?
Also does the rep give anything apart from being incredibly inacurate depiction of somebodys activity on the forum?
Once again... Sorry for going terribly offtopic...

JinKazaragi: I used both menus during setting up my PC, I had to reinstall linux later on because i messed something up and for that i used the second menu to choose my bootable USB-Stick (not the interface of my BIOS, it was just the list of my physical drives).

It's a PC, my laptop is and stays linux only. I only use windows for gaming (and those few programs from my university) after all.
B1tF1ghter: If you would give me a mobo model I could check what exact button to press but since you have done it in the past then you probably know that button...

As I said when installing new system you should definitely unplug other drives so that it does not put new EFI file on already existing EFI partition on some other plugged drive...
I haven't read all EFI documentation but it's a general picture I was getting from barely reading some stuff on EFI...

Also do you use GRUB or like LILO or something?

(Luke)
Grub, it was automatically added when i installed Linux after W7. Never had any reason to change it so I'm not sure what other options there are.

When I add W10 I wouldn't have any other drive plugged in anyway, just to make sure I don't accidentelly choose the wrong one. It would suck if I had to take apart my PC for every update though, my case is i bit too small so I have to remove some parts just to reach my internal drives.
JinKazaragi: snip
Understandable. I wouldn't want to take the gamble either, if I were still using 7.
B1tF1ghter: Yes but it is uncomparably better to run that and with Linux than using regular and Windows...
GameRager: This is likely true...I was mainly just making a point because i'm "autistic" that way.
To elaborate a bit on what I said Linux will always be better and so will be open source hardware because it is just a matter of putting enough people and time to check something as opposed to reverse engineering something that may not be documented EVEN INTERNALY off public...
And when you have open source it means anybody can check it and even though some parts are more checked then others still almost all stuff if not all gets checked by somebody eventually...
low rated
GameRager: This is likely true...I was mainly just making a point because i'm "autistic" that way.
B1tF1ghter: To elaborate a bit on what I said Linux will always be better and so will be open source hardware because it is just a matter of putting enough people and time to check something as opposed to reverse engineering something that may not be documented EVEN INTERNALY off public...
And when you have open source it means anybody can check it and even though some parts are more checked then others still almost all stuff if not all gets checked by somebody eventually...
I know I just find it better to be the one checking that stuff if at all possible, or know and trust those doing so.
B1tF1ghter: To elaborate a bit on what I said Linux will always be better and so will be open source hardware because it is just a matter of putting enough people and time to check something as opposed to reverse engineering something that may not be documented EVEN INTERNALY off public...
GameRager: I know I just find it better to be the one checking that stuff if at all possible, or know and trust those doing so.
Well good luck as NOBODY knows ALL the code of EVERYTHING...
So you just have to TRUST people who check that that they do that right...
It's still better than using something that nobody checked...
low rated
GameRager: I know I just find it better to be the one checking that stuff if at all possible, or know and trust those doing so.
B1tF1ghter: Well good luck as NOBODY knows ALL the code of EVERYTHING...
This is true
low rated
B1tF1ghter: Well good luck as NOBODY knows ALL the code of EVERYTHING...
GameRager: This is true
On an unrelated note seems like GOG forum system no longer allows me to edit my posts and posting even short posts...
I dunno what's going on but seems like maybe some part of GOG forum system flagged me or something JUST because my posts were long which IS unfair...
low rated
GameRager: This is true
B1tF1ghter: On an unrelated note seems like GOG forum system no longer allows me to edit my posts and posting even short posts...
I dunno what's going on but seems like maybe some part of GOG forum system flagged me or something JUST because my posts were long which IS unfair...
Maybe a bug? Often when a new page appears in a thread it won't show on my end/be readable until a few minutes later.
Thank you B1tF1ghter :)
I just hope this will be the case with Cyberpunk 2077. If they go with windows 10 only; then no more offline gaming /;
Post edited June 12, 2019 by novumZ