It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to GOG.COM on September 17th, 2020 and is now available for pre-orders.

The game will come with a soundtrack, a digital booklet with art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, and wallpapers for desktop and mobile. GOG.COM users will also receive a set of exclusive goodies when the game is released: a digital booklet about the game (more details soon), an additional set of wallpapers and avatars, and print quality Cyberpunk 2077 posters.

Pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 before June 17th to receive a special 30% off discount for the official CD PROJEKT RED merch store*.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

When buying Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

*One-time discount is valid only for Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders made on GOG.COM before June 17th, 2019, 10 PM UTC, and applies to items available in the official CD PROJEKT RED merchandise store, excluding figurines and products already on discount. Regional restrictions apply. See our Support page for more details.
falloutttt: I'm not preordering now to play the game next year. What if I'm going to be abducted by aliens or something...
faroot: We're keeping our fingers crossed and hoping you're ok, and can avoid those darn space aliens!
Oh no don't. :/ I want to be abducted. Earthlings sucks anyway.

But thanks tho. :D
Serren: Good for you. Some of us like to have full control over our systems.
darthspudius: Ah, so you're one of those fools that believe what people say on social media? I certainly haven't lost "control" of it. When it does, I'll be sure to call John Connor. In the mean time, I'll find you a tutorial to make a tin foil hat.
You're calling him a fool and tin foil hat crackpot for talking about full control in Linux versus Windows??? That's very harsh for them merely saying something that has at least a germ of truth in it, regardless of your personal preferences.
I'd love to buy it from gog but I have to go with steam because of regional pricing. there is a huge difference between usd and my country's currency. hell, I would buy all new releases, AAA or indie, from gog but I just can't afford it. And I don't think anyone would prefer gog over steam in my country unless they don't care about money. I write it here because cdpr needs to know that they lose customers and money because of the lack of regional pricing.
NuffCatnip: Gonna pre-order it next week. :)
I don't want to hear any 'don't pre-order' bullshit. :P

Good thing I'm in the middle of getting a new PC. :D
^^In case anyone is wondering why we have "pre-orders", it's that bloke right there!
skeletonbow: Another important thing I'd like to point out though is that the game's official release date is stated as April 16th, 2020, and that is the date listed in the GOG.com store. Oddly enough though, the release date of the game listed in the Steam store is April 15th, 2020, one day before the GOG.com release date. I'm willing to bet that this is a mistake in the Steam store, but I cant help conspiracy theorize that it is on purpose because I can't imagine how someone could accidentally screw that up, and in the favour of Steam too. Hopefully CDPR did not give Steam a one day heads up over their own store.
Actually, my first guess is that this is due to the combination of Gog doing releases at 3am PST while Steam does releases at 10am PST, plus the time difference between Poland and Steam crossing a 1 day boundary -- but I might be confused about some part of that, I suppose.
whoa, looks awesome.I really hope they do good with this game, so much is riding on it. that bundle pack is very tasty, shame I already have most of the witcher games
low rated
GameRager: Serren: Good for you. Some of us like to have full control over our systems.

Also not to sound mean but does anyone(short of a coder for linux) have FULL control over any OS? :\
faroot: [I'm not Serren, but:] Some of us do in fact code for linux, including the kernel, so it's not like that's outlandish gibberish. I personally have full control over anything I put enough effort into with some operating sytems, but not with others.

In any case, that's like saying "does anyone really have FULL control over their lives? You can't change traffic lights, you can't cancel gravity..."

Regardless of the laws of physics, the relative meaning is along the lines of, "you don't have control in a prison, but you do when you're free on your own".
1. Well it's good to hear from someone with some experience, but as another poster said: Some chips/etc can have backdoors built into them that one might not know about unless they reverse engineer the parts in their systems/etc.....and other things are hard to be intotal control of as well.

2. True...I offered it merely as a counterpoint to think about/chew on mentally.

3. One might also say we're all prisoners of earth/time/our mindsets/etc...even when free men/women.
Nice! Been reeeeally looking forward to this one. :D

Out of curiousity, say there is a certain country with stupid laws that might try to ban this game from sale in their region, or force censorship within the game (like what happened with The Witcher 2)... For those people who preorder and live in such a country, will there be any guarantee they get what they paid for originally (uncensored release)? Or will the game files be forcibly changed with a regional tag, like TW2?
GameRager: Well it's good to hear from someone with some experience, but as another poster said: Some chips/etc can have backdoors built into them that one might not know about unless they reverse engineer the parts in their systems/etc.....and other things are hard to be intotal control of as well.
This is an interesting read: www.archive.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf
(Reflections on Trusting Trust)

PS
Somehow linking it did not work.
Post edited June 10, 2019 by Arundir
GameRager: 1. Well it's good to hear from someone with some experience, but as another poster said: Some chips/etc can have backdoors built into them that one might not know about unless they reverse engineer the parts in their systems/etc.....and other things are hard to be intotal control of as well.

2. True...I offered it merely as a counterpoint to think about/chew on mentally.

3. One might also say we're all prisoners of earth/time/our mindsets/etc...even when free men/women.
I get your point, but this is basically about whether one is speaking philosophically or pragmatically. Pragmatically there is relative freedom even though there's a philosophical case for it being non-existent.

As an aside, security backdoors created by hostile governments are an interesting point, but clearly not the same thing as the question of the explicit policies of the creators of various operating systems, and also do not seem to influence personal choice of operating systems.
GameRager: Well it's good to hear from someone with some experience, but as another poster said: Some chips/etc can have backdoors built into them that one might not know about unless they reverse engineer the parts in their systems/etc.....and other things are hard to be intotal control of as well.
Arundir: This is a interesting read: [url=https://www.archive.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf]https://www.archive.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf[/url]
Reflections on Trusting Trust
Yes, that's an absolute mindblowing classic.

Edit: since few will read it, the (genius) creator of Unix wrote about how a compiler could be modified to produce executable code that cracked security when run, when it recognized that it was compiling certain operating system files, with no need for the source code to be modified.

So the compiler is run on innocent code and produces dangerous code. Then, going meta, the compiler itself can receive this treatment, so there is then no trace in any source code of anything devious.
Post edited June 10, 2019 by faroot
Serren: It will be a shame if this requires the use of a crippled, spyware OS like Windows 10.
russellskanne: Damn, why only windows 10? Does it need directx 12 or what?
January 14, 2020 is the date when extended support of Windows 7 ends. Whether the game is going to be playable on it or not is hard to tell right now (I would guess that it is still going to be playable on Win 7), but I think the Windows 10 requirement is stated due to that.
russellskanne: Damn, why only windows 10? Does it need directx 12 or what?
idbeholdME: January 14, 2020 is the date when extended support of Windows 7 ends. Whether the game is going to be playable on it or not is hard to tell right now (I would guess that it is still going to be playable on Win 7), but I think the Windows 10 requirement is stated due to that.
I really would like this to be playable on Windows 7 too.

By the way, preordered, as I really like how you treat your customers, GOG&CD Projekt RED and I am looking forward to play Cyberpunk :)
low rated
personthingy: Nice! Been reeeeally looking forward to this one. :D

Out of curiousity, say there is a certain country with stupid laws that might try to ban this game from sale in their region, or force censorship within the game (like what happened with The Witcher 2)... For those people who preorder and live in such a country, will there be any guarantee they get what they paid for originally (uncensored release)? Or will the game files be forcibly changed with a regional tag, like TW2?
Not that I am suggesting/advocating for such, but for those in countries that censor one could use a VPN to get around such region censored game purchases.

Arundir: This is a interesting read: www.archive.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf
Thx...I will look into it more tomorrow when I have more time to read it in full.

faroot: I get your point, but this is basically about whether one is speaking philosophically or pragmatically. Pragmatically there is relative freedom even though there's a philosophical case for it being non-existent.

As an aside, security backdoors created by hostile governments are an interesting point, but clearly not the same thing as the question of the explicit policies of the creators of various operating systems, and also do not seem to influence personal choice of operating systems.
True, but it proves that the statement that one is fully in control of their computer because of their OS of choice isn't always accurate.

=========================
By the way/to all: I didn't want to derail this thread with offtopic about OS security so I will be leaving this at that(although everyone is free to reply and I will read it here)....I would love to discuss this further via PM/other threads if anyone is interested, though.
========================
Post edited June 10, 2019 by GameRager
will cyberpunk 2077 have full console controller on PC
I'm still hoping a third-person option will crop up somewhere.