It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Test your skill in an outstanding retro FPS set in ancient lands. The AMID EVIL Demo is now up for grabs on GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Huh? I thought the game's been out for 2 years. What game did I finish then?
high rated
idbeholdME: Huh? I thought the game's been out for 2 years. What game did I finish then?
It received a ray tracing update two days ago, so maybe that's the reason of demo release. :)

Anyway I can recommend the game to every oldschool FPS fan. It's a mix of Quake and Heretic with a surprisingly refreshing level design that sometimes reminds some kind of drug trip. ;) Demo is for free, so why not try it?
high rated
Thank You! This must be a part of the Demos restoration program sponsored by a non-mandatory branch of the corporation activities department. I will play it! ^

If anyone is interested in the other 104 Demos please check ⬗ /forum/general/the_list_of_demos_on_gogcom
Sarafan: It received a ray tracing update two days ago, so maybe that's the reason of demo release. :)
Ah, OK. But maybe it would be good to mention that in the news post :P.
Amid Evil is an excellent game, just play it.
I'm really thankful for the demos.
Gameplay is fast paced, doom like, hits and 'shoots' feel impactful but be warned:

♦ Not recommended for people with Motion Sickness...
I was on the fence about this game, as much as I love oldskool FPS. So happy to see a demo here! :)
Thank you for the demo! :)

Now I can try it out and make a picture for myself.

I have problem with these modern FPS games, because they are running to fast. Or they have some motion blur or whatever, I don't know. I feel bad (I almost have to puke) when playing these.

When playing older games (Doom 1, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Quake 1, Doom 3, Quake 4 etc.), I didn't have such feeling. And it is true, that there is no "head wobbling/bobbling" when running in these games.
Thank you, demos are always appreciated.
I don't need a demo, I'm so sure I would like it.
Dogmaus: I don't need a demo, I'm so sure I would like it.
Maybe, maybe not.

Here is a "test":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw6UwbRoGQM
Dogmaus: I don't need a demo, I'm so sure I would like it.
OP_2021: Maybe, maybe not.

Here is a "test":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw6UwbRoGQM
I only see wonderfulness. I don't want to spoil it too much. Menus and beginning are very good looking, I love the style.
I wasn't so sure whether I would like it, so I hesitated to buy it. Then I won it in a giveaway and quickly fell in love with it. So it's great that there's a demo now. I think if I had been able to try it before, I would have bought it immediately after (just like I did with Hedon), and hopefully many will do just that now. :)
Leroux: I wasn't so sure whether I would like it, so I hesitated to buy it. Then I won it in a giveaway and quickly fell in love with it. So it's great that there's a demo now. I think if I had been able to try it before, I would have bought it immediately after (just like I did with Hedon), and hopefully many will do just that now. :)
I tried the Hedon demo but I was stuck in that cave and didn't know what to do. I'm not the sharpest knife in the box ahah.