It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All gamers that are waiting impatiently for the strategy title from No Gravity Games can now take a shot at Alder's Blood Prologue which is a free prequel to the upcoming game’s story.

Here, we play mainly as Charles, a commoner who aims for a quick buck and attempts to hunt the spawns of darkness. If he'll survive - income from reselling the remains of the beasts will secure his livelihood for weeks to come. But the hunt won’t be easy. The key to victory is not brute strength - but rather stealth and cunning.
I dig the art style.
Is this a standalone game that plays differently or a demo of the main game and what we should expect? Not that it matters that much overall to me but just curious since I can't tell from this thread. Never heard of this series before so why im wondering.
Post edited February 08, 2020 by Jeets2
Jeets2: Is this a standalone game that plays differently or a demo of the main game and what we should expect? Not that it matters that much overall to me but just curious since I can't tell from this thread. Never heard of this series before so why im wondering.
The description states "Mini-prequel - NOT a Demo"

Question for those who tried it, this doesn't require 64-bit, right? Doesn't say so, at least, but want to make sure...
Jeets2: Is this a standalone game that plays differently or a demo of the main game and what we should expect? Not that it matters that much overall to me but just curious since I can't tell from this thread. Never heard of this series before so why im wondering.
Think of it like an intro to the world/story that lets you get a taste for the art style and mechanics.

Personally I'm enjoying what I've seen thus far, the scent mechanic is a neat aspect as is the turn based combo of stealth and combat.

Everyone has their own tastes of course, but for me it's going on the wishlist looking forward to release :)
Geralt_of_Rivia: But this prologue is simply way too short (about 30 min at most).
eiii: With this playing time it's really only a mini prequel and not much more than a demo. I'm curious if it runs on Linux.
It does. Game is built on Unity engine. Works well without any tweaks.

I agree that free access to the game's prologue is great idea (can't see the difference between this solution and demo, but I just like both), however in my case it helped me to discover I don't like the gameplay at all and I'm no longer interested in this title.
eiii: With this playing time it's really only a mini prequel and not much more than a demo. I'm curious if it runs on Linux.
ciemnogrodzianin: It does. Game is built on Unity engine. Works well without any tweaks.

I agree that free access to the game's prologue is great idea (can't see the difference between this solution and demo, but I just like both), however in my case it helped me to discover I don't like the gameplay at all and I'm no longer interested in this title.
Well, good for you, that´s what demos (pardon, prequels) are for :)
I will wait for the full release and then decide, but it does reminds me heavily of Darkest Dungeon :)
@GOG Staff: Alder's Blood Prologue should have the "achievements" tag
So I'm super excited for this game and I've been stalking it a bit - looks like it's released next week! At least on Switch - I'm guessing here too.

March 13th and with a price of 19.99, the article mentions a release discount of 25%. $15 would be sweet.

I'm totally in and would love to get a confirm from the devs if you care to!