It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I Can't believe anyone would buy Pillars at that price!

for example why is the game $18.69 do they Like get 80 bucks a fortnight to live on or something?
fr33kSh0w2012: I Can't believe anyone would buy Pillars at that price!

for example why is the game $18.69 do they Like get 80 bucks a fortnight to live on or something?
its only 18 in russia
fr33kSh0w2012: I Can't believe anyone would buy Pillars at that price!

snowkatt: its only 18 in russia
Yeah I know I've seen this before I'm like WTFBBQ why so cheap in RUS/CIS
HunchBluntley: No, it won't. Piracy is not activism. The only lesson publishers have ever "learned" from people pirating their games is that they need to devise even more restrictive/intrusive/idiotic forms of DRM.
zeroxxx: There won't be another more intrusive DRM. Always online is the worst DRM ever made and it's already there e.g Diablo 3.
LOL!

It's coming, don't you worry about that. At least with the current Steam system if it went down tomorrow people would just make cracks and hacks to play them offline. This is why the industry has every intention to push towards cloud gaming/streaming in the long term. They are starting the process of desensitizing us to the idea already. Cloud saving and streaming services, introducing it slowly and making it sounds like it's for our own good. A full move to cloud gaming can't work yet because of technology reasons, but in ten years?

This is not to fight piracy, piracy is the only thing keeping them slightly honest up to this point. Once cloud gaming is fully operational they will have full control of their products, the pricing won't go down with the death of piracy...it will go up, because they know you have no other alternative. Price fixing and collusion between the big companies will reign. GOG won't exist because it will simply be bought and raped for all it's worth, and it's fanboys sodomized. And to make sure you keep buying the new games the servers for the old ones will be on a rolling shutdown program...with the excuse that they are no longer popular enough to keep up. This is the future. This is standard corporate thinking.

So it can get worse. And if I've thought of this you can be damn certain some people wearing suits have thought of it. And the problem is, i think people are so stupid that it will come to be.
zeroxxx: There won't be another more intrusive DRM. Always online is the worst DRM ever made and it's already there e.g Diablo 3.
CMOT70: LOL!

It's coming, don't you worry about that. At least with the current Steam system if it went down tomorrow people would just make cracks and hacks to play them offline. This is why the industry has every intention to push towards cloud gaming/streaming in the long term. They are starting the process of desensitizing us to the idea already. Cloud saving and streaming services, introducing it slowly and making it sounds like it's for our own good. A full move to cloud gaming can't work yet because of technology reasons, but in ten years?

This is not to fight piracy, piracy is the only thing keeping them slightly honest up to this point. Once cloud gaming is fully operational they will have full control of their products, the pricing won't go down with the death of piracy...it will go up, because they know you have no other alternative. Price fixing and collusion between the big companies will reign. GOG won't exist because it will simply be bought and raped for all it's worth, and it's fanboys sodomized. And to make sure you keep buying the new games the servers for the old ones will be on a rolling shutdown program...with the excuse that they are no longer popular enough to keep up. This is the future. This is standard corporate thinking.

So it can get worse. And if I've thought of this you can be damn certain some people wearing suits have thought of it. And the problem is, i think people are so stupid that it will come to be.
Yep anyway to Fuck us right over any way! then then they'll make our accounts SUBSCRIPTION BASED Fucking Money grubbing Nazi's they'll makes us pay for games and then PAY to be able to play them!
Post edited June 14, 2015 by fr33kSh0w2012
Cyraxpt: What is this? A blank paper?
snowkatt: no there is something written on the back : some of the sheep
Terry Pratchett FTW! :-D
That means that regional pricing makes the game cheaper for you than Europe/America. You could be paying 105 AUD (American/European Price) or even 121 AUD (British Price).
Post edited June 14, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: That means that regional pricing makes the game cheaper for you than Europe/America. You could be paying 105 AUD (American/European Price) or even 121 AUD (British Price).
Not this little duckie.
gunsynd: Not this little duckie.
No, exactly you. AUD is a weaker currency than USD. If you were paying the American price, you would be paying 105 AUD.
gunsynd: Not this little duckie.
Grargar: No, exactly you. AUD is a weaker currency than USD. If you were paying the American price, you would be paying 105 AUD.
Like I said not this little duckie.
gunsynd: Like I said not this little duckie.
92.69 AUD=71.68 USD (Australian to American Price)

80.99 USD=104.726 AUD (American to Australian Price)

Like I said, cheaper for you by about 12 AUD.
Post edited June 14, 2015 by Grargar
Why is the price always higher for Ausies even if its digital? I would've though maybe Somalia but just......WHY? Not even complaining, just asking, because WHY THE F**K?
Shadowstalker16: Why is the price always higher for Ausies even if its digital? I would've though maybe Somalia but just......WHY? Not even complaining, just asking, because WHY THE F**K?
It isn't. It's cheaper for them than Europe/America.
gunsynd: Like I said not this little duckie.
Grargar: 92.69 AUD=71.68 USD (Australian to American Price)

80.99 USD=104.726 AUD (American to Australian Price)

Like I said, cheaper for you by about 12 AUD.
It wasn't that long ago that the American dollar was lower than us.
Now it's on the way down again like 10 years ago.
http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/fundamental/forecast/weekly/aud/2015/06/12/AUD-weekly-forecast-6.12.html
gunsynd: It wasn't that long ago that the American dollar was lower than us.
Now it's on the way down again like 10 years ago.
http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/fundamental/forecast/weekly/aud/2015/06/12/AUD-weekly-forecast-6.12.html
Maybe. All I'm saying is that if the game wasn't regionally-priced for you, you would be paying more, based on the current exchange rate between the AUD and the USD.