It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
Thank you GOG. Paradox is my favorite game company, and I have longed for this day for a long time. I hope one day that you will get many more of their titles here, but for now, I am so happy to see Crusader Kings, Majesty, and also Europa Universalis here. As others have said, Knights of Honor is another great older title Paradox put out, besides Mount and Blade: Warband and Crusader Kings 2 (CK2), it is my most played game of all time (yes WELL over 1,000 hours). It does pale next to CK2, but it is still wonderful!

Anyways, thanks again GOG, and congratulations, this is an excellent month for you, and us! :D
Its good to see new games on GOG and even better that now some good companies sees the pros for DRM-Free games
(not that i would buy ANY RTS games).
Yat! GOG just keeps getting better. I actually have a large wishlist again. Thanks!
Schnuff: Its good to see new games on GOG and even better that now some good companies sees the pros for DRM-Free games
What's wrong with RTS games, I love 'em? (You do mean Real Time Strategy games, yes?)
Gabby2: I played all those games at one point or another, I had the boxed versions. And they were the kind of games that I would only put down when I realised it was dawn already...

1 quetion before I risk my nights again: I really wanted to get into CK remember the game being pretty buggy , was it fixed at one point (fan patch or other ?)
The game got an update from Paradox with the Deus Vult expansion pack in 2007 which fixed buggs and added stuff.
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Matruchus
I've not played any of the Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Crusader Kings etc series due to Paradox's DRM, but now I have Crusader Kings and Majesty to play :o)

Thanks to all for making this happen. I really hope more titles in the series, and beyond, will come here, as a number of them will be instant buys for me.
Schnuff: Its good to see new games on GOG and even better that now some good companies sees the pros for DRM-Free games
hmm... disregarding the games tied in with Steamworks mulitplayer and whatnot, have not Paradox always been DRM free before also?

edit - see for example Shiny Loot
Post edited February 19, 2015 by amok
Gunsang: What's wrong with RTS games, I love 'em? (You do mean Real Time Strategy games, yes?)
I am one of those old school players.
Played every strategy game i could get on my C-64 and later PC.
Spent hours on end over every move.
RTS...no sorry.

amok: hmm... disregarding the games tied in with Steamworks mulitplayer and whatnot, have not Paradox always been DRM free before also?

edit - see for example Shiny Loot
If Paradox only made RTS.....see above ;-)
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Schnuff
Gunsang: What's wrong with RTS games, I love 'em? (You do mean Real Time Strategy games, yes?)
Schnuff: I am one of those old school players.
Played every strategy game i could get on my C-64 and later PC.
Spent hours on end over every move.
RTS...no sorry.
Well, most of them are "active pause" RTS, meaning that you can stop the timer and take all the time you want to look at stuff and give your orders. Unless you're playing multiplayer, of course ;)
Not a big difference with a TBS game, really, apart from the fact you press spacebar to pause-unpause, instead of pressing spacebar to end your turn.

Personally, I can stay paused 1 full hour in crusader kings when I'm looking for the perfect spouse for my son, setting up a plot or getting information about my allies/neighbors/rivals/future victims. Especially at the start of the game, when I'm dropped into the middle of medieval europe, a.k.a. "the piranha fishbowl"

Some other titles, like Majesty, seem a little more click-happy, though.
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Kardwill
Kardwill: Some other titles, like Majesty, seem a little more click-happy, though.
Not really since in Majesty you just build buildings and recruit heroes in the buildings and give them attack and explore flags on the enemy units or buildings and that's about it. What you do is collect money and upgrade your buildings to gain more income and stuff to sell to your heroes on the marketplace so you gain more tax money to get more heroes and building upgrades. Basically the game is so interesting since you don't have to do much.

Schnuff: If Paradox only made RTS.....see above ;-)
Most of their games are RTS just in the Grand Strategy subgenre :)
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Matruchus
Kardwill: Some other titles, like Majesty, seem a little more click-happy, though.
Matruchus: Not really since in Majesty you just build buildings and recruit heroes in the buildings and give them attack and explore flags on the enemy units or buildings and that's about it. What you do is collect money and upgrade your buildings to gain more income and stuff to sell to your heroes on the marketplace so you gain more tax money to get more heroes and building upgrades. Basically the game is so interesting since you don't have to do much.
ngIt was an impression I had because I didn't find a "pause" button. But I'll see. But first, I'll need to read the manual (like many paradox games, the tutorial I tried yesterday was... underwhelming ^^

Schnuff: If Paradox only made RTS.....see above ;-)
Matruchus: All of their games are RTS just in the Grand Strategy subgenre :)
Well, they have a few sims and TBS, too :)
Kardwill: Well, they have a few sims and TBS, too :)
Yeah I just changed that all to most when you replied :) Definitely Cities in Motion 1 is one sim im waiting for from Paradox.
My favorite publisher (I love you games, I hate the DLC system that drains my wallet) finally came to GOG.Great news!
Sooo when can we expect Warlock: Master of the Arcane Complete Collection to be coming to GOG?
Petrell: Sooo when can we expect Warlock: Master of the Arcane Complete Collection to be coming to GOG?
Maybe when we get the remaining non-Steam exclusive games?
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Grargar
Crusader Kings II coming soon?

Do it! Do it now! Take my money please!