It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
darkangelz: Please, no more, have mercy on my poor wallet..
JudasIscariot: I am sorry, what?
You already have my wallet dammit. What more do you want? My soul?!

Freelancer and XCom aren't going to be coming here soon right? Right?
Emob78: The question here used to be, 'what publishers will end up on GOG?' Now the question seems to be, 'what will be the LAST publisher to end up on GOG?'
Grargar: The one that currently owns your avatar.
Vault-Tec?
Emob78: Vault-Tec?
I didn't know they were creating games but, no, I was referring to Zenimax.
Spinorial: All the Europa engine games (like the four that were just released) have those. There's a registry quasi-fix which GOG must have included. If not, feel free to PM me. I'll check the games' fora to see if people are having issues.
I experience a heavy mouse lag playing HoI2 and DH. I can fix this by telling the NVIDIA driver to "respect" the hoi.exe and putting WINE3D files into the game directory. This only works for NVIDIA users. On my laptop, which only has an Intel 4000 graphics adapter, this doesn't do the trick.

So I want "my" games smoothly runnig without copying this and that, tweaking here and there. Damn it, I paid for it!
Grargar:
During a sale on Paradox a few months ago at Shinyloot, you warned me against one of the titles being sold as "complete" there that wasn't actually complete. I forget which game. Is it here now, and is the rest of the material here?
Emob78: Vault-Tec?
Grargar: I didn't know they were creating games but, no, I was referring to Zenimax.
Zenimax? I hope so. I've been waiting forever for a DRM-free version of Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3.
budejovice: During a sale on Paradox a few months ago at Shinyloot, you warned me against one of the titles being sold as "complete" there that wasn't actually complete. I forget which game. Is it here now, and is the rest of the material here?
Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles. Obviously, it's not here yet (not even Europa Universalis 2 is currently here).
Welcome Paradox, it's nice to have your quality games here at last! :)
budejovice: During a sale on Paradox a few months ago at Shinyloot, you warned me against one of the titles being sold as "complete" there that wasn't actually complete. I forget which game. Is it here now, and is the rest of the material here?
Grargar: Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles. Obviously, it's not here yet (not even Europa Universalis 2 is currently here).
Thanks!

EDIT: The results from grargar.com are always so more useful than my results at google.com.
Post edited February 17, 2015 by budejovice
I'm waiting for CK II on GOG to start a Paradox game for the very first time. IDK if it's possible regarding to the dozen of DLC, but it's the first step !
Vythonaut: Welcome Paradox, it's nice to have your quality games here at last! :)
Indeed, it is inspiring to see publishers and developers breaking the DRM chains of debilitation...

Welcome Paradox Interactive, to DRM-Freedom!
Smek: I experience a heavy mouse lag playing HoI2 and DH. I can fix this by telling the NVIDIA driver to "respect" the hoi.exe and putting WINE3D files into the game directory. This only works for NVIDIA users. On my laptop, which only has an Intel 4000 graphics adapter, this doesn't do the trick.

So I want "my" games smoothly runnig without copying this and that, tweaking here and there. Damn it, I paid for it!
In registry, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers, find HoI.exe and set it to
$ DWM8And16BitMitigation Layer_ForceDirectDrawEmulation
This should remove the lag, though it may cause some flickering. This is usually caused by dynamic things in the background, things as simple as the Windows clock changing. These can all be reduced to tolerable levels. Also, it happens when you have two GPUs; in that case, force the game to run on a single specific one.

As I said, it's a quasi-fix, but it works well enough that it's never bothered me. The other way of doing it is forcing windowed mode, but that might involve hex-editing the exe.
MaxFulvus: I'm waiting for CK II on GOG to start a Paradox game for the very first time. IDK if it's possible regarding to the dozen of DLC, but it's the first step !
Great game. I was lucky enough to get it when it was on Gamersgate (non-Steam version) for a while. Hopefully when they get around to doing CK III they'll let GOG put up CK II.
On one hand, Paradox is a welcome addition to the catalogue.

On the other hand, I am a bit puzzled by the choice of games for the initial wave and by the pricing. Hearts of Iron and EU in particular. Let's say that both games are available for a while, and use to cost less elsewhere. But, more importantly, the best entry points for these series are, imho, "For the Glory" and "Darkest Hours". Of course, selling the initial games (at a price) , then later releasing the other games might make more sense in terms of cumulated sales over time.
Matruchus: Just noticed that HoI 1 is 100% more expensive here then on gamersgate.
gamersgate?
is it a drm loaded version perhaps? cause drm loaded games are very cheap on GG
they have 10th anniversary and eacht 48 hours new actions, all steam as far as i can see.
If GG has anniversary all games should have at elast some % off... its only steam stuff that has sales, so it looks more like steams 10th anniversary to me.

But the service and reply of GG is 300% slower than here on GOG :D so that compensates a lot don't you think :D
Plus some people there (at least one volunteer) thinks that most people dont seem to want DRM free games
so i told them that many people like DRM free and told him about GOG.

I think when he reads it steam will be coming out of every place in his face .... :D
Post edited February 17, 2015 by gamesfreak64