It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’ve recently finished celebrating the fifth anniversary of the cult game from CD PROJEKT RED and yet here’s another good reason to be a fan of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. If you already own the game on any PC or console platform, you can claim the GOG.COM copy for free with GOG GALAXY 2.0.

GOG GALAXY 2.0 is an application that allows gamers to connect external platforms to bring all their games and friends together in one place. This way you can manage and organize all your PC and console games in one library, launch any PC game, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements, and game time across all gaming platforms.

Starting from today, if you connect the platform where you own The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with GOG GALAXY 2.0 (we recommend versions 2.0.16.182 for Windows and 2.0.16.195 for macOS), you will receive a GOG.COM copy for free. The game will show up in your games library inside the application. GOG GALAXY 2.0 will also import the game progress you’ve already made in The Witcher 3, like achievements and game time.

The option to claim the game will be available within the app for 1 week, till June 23rd at 11 AM UTC. You can download GOG GALAXY 2.0 for Windows or macOS . For more information, check out the [url=https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009896837-FAQ-Claim-a-free-copy-of-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-via-GOG-GALAXY-2-0?product=gog]FAQ section.
Trying to link PSN account.
The connection to the server timed out.
craftsman100: So I redeemed the base edition last night since I own it on PS4. What if I go out and buy the GOTY edition today, can I re-redeem the GOTY edition if i reconnected PSN?
Any particular reason why you'd do that? If you're after the GOTY experience on GOG all you need do is wait a little longer and buy the expansion pass / DLCs when they're cheap again and upgrade it then.
craftsman100: So I redeemed the base edition last night since I own it on PS4. What if I go out and buy the GOTY edition today, can I re-redeem the GOTY edition if i reconnected PSN?
Braggadar: Any particular reason why you'd do that? If you're after the GOTY experience on GOG all you need do is wait a little longer and buy the expansion pass / DLCs when they're cheap again and upgrade it then.
I was thinking about replaying witcher 3 with all the expansions and figured I could play it on either platform. How cheap were the expansions in the past?
Braggadar: Any particular reason why you'd do that? If you're after the GOTY experience on GOG all you need do is wait a little longer and buy the expansion pass / DLCs when they're cheap again and upgrade it then.
craftsman100: I was thinking about replaying witcher 3 with all the expansions and figured I could play it on either platform. How cheap were the expansions in the past?
If you're asking about PS4 price, the lowest i've seen was 10$, usually during sale it's half the price so around 12,5$ i believe. This is season pass i'm talking about, i have no clue how much were single expansions though.
Krongfah: It is kinda frustrating that the people who bought the base game at launch and the Expansion Pass later separately cannot claim the GOTY Edition on GOG even though they have the exact same contents.

I know it's free and I shouldn't complain about free stuff but there's no reason why we should only get the base game just because we bought the Expansions separately.

Like why couldn't we? We have the exact same product as the people who bought the GOTY Edition, the only difference is when we got it, why can't we just claim the GOTY Edition on GOG as well?

I know it doesn't really matter much at the end the day since there's nothing to stop us from playing the version we already have on the other platform but it kinda baffles me.
Breadtruck00: Doesnt hurt to ask, with some logical reasons put to back up why it should be considered. Did you shout down all the steam users pissed off they didn't get the GOTY edition?

I have it on PS4. Thanks for telling me and other day 1 purchasers we can buy the GOTY version on GOG. Unfortunately you can't buy the GOTY version on day 1 or I probably would have. Functionally base game and expansions should be treated as the GOTY version by the developers for this promotion or anything else or why the hell should a consumer ever preorder or buy on release.
There's no reason for frustration and especially insults coming from other users. Behind the scene it's not simple process and problem might not be GoG platform related.
It's also important to notice that base game of W3 GOTY edition is a different product than W3 standard one and for that reason you cannot transfer save files between them for instance.
For example if you bought a standard version of W3 (take it physical) it comes with version 1.0. You can upgrade it by downloading patches and hotfixes from the past and get current version or you can go hardcore and play version 1.0. GOTY version has already updates built in (not sure if the newest one) when you install it.
For that and many other reasons you shouldn't treat them as the same game.
Post edited June 20, 2020 by Gorran
I experienced and solved both problems with importing Witcher 3 GOTY from PSN:

connection time-out – solved with strictly following these instructions (quite complicated process, but it works)
missing banner (both on main and game page) – it disappeared just after I linked PSN account ;), problem solved with restarting Galaxy (remember to turn it off completely, not just minimize to system tray)

juanesmedcol: ...
Sandra_Silva: ...
hurricanes2k5: ...
Manestream: ...
MetalWyvern: ...
UtopiaV1: ...
Post edited June 20, 2020 by ciemnogrodzianin
ciemnogrodzianin: Trying to link PSN account.
Follow the instructions here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_beta_gog_galaxy_2.0/playstation_network_was_unable_connect/post148

Just did it myself and it works for me
Follow the instructions below, I just did this and it worked for me
https://www.gog.com/forum/general_beta_gog_galaxy_2.0/playstation_network_was_unable_connect/post148
Post edited June 20, 2020 by Elric1977
Elric1977: Follow the instructions here:

Just did it myself and it works for me
Elric1977: Follow the instructions below, I just did this and it worked for me
sadly that did not work for me with any luck gog.com will fix this problem before the promotion ends but i wont hold my breath
I have lost count on how many times I've tried to claim this game on GOG Galaxy. I followed all the steps. Got the lastest version of Galaxy 2.0, connect with Xbox platform (I have the base game on Xbox One), and no matter what I do I can't get this to work. I have even downloaded the full game just for this, and play like 15 minutes in order to make the GOG version to appear, without luck.

-Tried re-intstalling GOG Galaxy, no go
-Tried disconnecting and re-connecting my Xbox profile, nothing
-Tried restarting Galaxy, same thing

The only banner I get is the Gwent one. That's it.
skullflower: I have lost count on how many times I've tried to claim this game on GOG Galaxy. I followed all the steps. Got the lastest version of Galaxy 2.0, connect with Xbox platform (I have the base game on Xbox One), and no matter what I do I can't get this to work. I have even downloaded the full game just for this, and play like 15 minutes in order to make the GOG version to appear, without luck.

I also have Xbox Witcher 3. I had the same thing. I think I had to go to the Witcher 3 page or something. I remember it wasn't immediately obvious where to go. But I do remember it was not a banner.
skullflower: I have lost count on how many times I've tried to claim this game on GOG Galaxy. I followed all the steps. Got the lastest version of Galaxy 2.0, connect with Xbox platform (I have the base game on Xbox One), and no matter what I do I can't get this to work. I have even downloaded the full game just for this, and play like 15 minutes in order to make the GOG version to appear, without luck.

Tallima: I also have Xbox Witcher 3. I had the same thing. I think I had to go to the Witcher 3 page or something. I remember it wasn't immediately obvious where to go. But I do remember it was not a banner.
Yeah, people keep saying to go to Witcher 3 entry on the Galaxy app, and there should be a banner telling you to claim your free GOG version of the game, if you already have it anywhere else. And I get nothing.
I have PS4 disc version and I can't get it on galaxy. Is it because I have disc version?
I cant connect my psn account to claim the game..
I can connect all my other accounts except the psn account where i got The Witcher 3 on..
Please help.
I have the GOTY edition on STEAM, but I got the standard edition on GOG. Anyone with the same problem?
Faradn: I only have witcher 3 on gog, but from the FAQ it implies I can claim a free extra copy (To gift it to a friend). However, I am not being able to see that option anywhere. Anyone with a similiar situation?
Same here I don't know what to do
Faradn: I only have witcher 3 on gog, but from the FAQ it implies I can claim a free extra copy (To gift it to a friend). However, I am not being able to see that option anywhere. Anyone with a similiar situation?
Bosebatman: Same here I don't know what to do
You can only get acceptable copy if you own The Witcher on Gog and one other location. The wording is just inaccurate from the FAQ