It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirPrimalform: Aaaanyway, let's get back to discussing the travesty that is GOG passing on Opus Magnum. Personally, I would never buy the game on Steam and I've had enough of Humble's BS (doing things like selling games with a DRM-free download and Steam key and then removing the download). I wish Zach had gone for somewhere like itch.io if he was only going to support one DRM-free store.
Damn... does Humble Bundle do that? I was thinking about purchasing this game there... Oh well... it seems like I have to give my money to Steam again. At least for me it's cheaper on Steam.
SirPrimalform: ... and I've had enough of Humble's BS (doing things like selling games with a DRM-free download and Steam key and then removing the download)
Which games have they done that with? I've got a crapton of DRM-free games from them and am not aware of any where they've done this. But I DL my DRM-free games immediately upon purchase, so I probably wouldn't know if they removed the DL link(s) later. I'll have to check my Humble library...
GR00T: Which games have they done that with? I've got a crapton of DRM-free games from them and am not aware of any where they've done this. But I DL my DRM-free games immediately upon purchase, so I probably wouldn't know if they removed the DL link(s) later. I'll have to check my Humble library...
I think one example was Awesomenauts which was sold DRM-free in a Humble Indie Bundle and sometime later the DRM-free download was removed.
Post edited January 16, 2018 by PaterAlf
SirPrimalform: ... and I've had enough of Humble's BS (doing things like selling games with a DRM-free download and Steam key and then removing the download)
GR00T: Which games have they done that with? I've got a crapton of DRM-free games from them and am not aware of any where they've done this. But I DL my DRM-free games immediately upon purchase, so I probably wouldn't know if they removed the DL link(s) later. I'll have to check my Humble library...
BLACKHOLE, I bought it there DRM-free as it wasn't here at that point. Went to see if the download had been updated a while later, it was instead missing. Wrote to support and they said the publisher had decided to just sell it as a Steam key and had removed the downloads. They did give me a refund, but only after a bit of argument. Obviously removing the DRM-free version was a dick move on the part of the publisher, but Humble honestly didn't seem to see it as a problem. Also a few years back they sold a bundle with a DRM-free game where the DRM-free build turned out to be coming soon™. Soon turned out to be 2 or 3 years.

Point is, they don't care about DRM-free at all any more and are really spineless about it. Way more so than GOG. I might chance some bundles for really cheap (and no 'Humble tip') but there's no way I'm buying from Humble's store again.
SirPrimalform: Aaaanyway, let's get back to discussing the travesty that is GOG passing on Opus Magnum. Personally, I would never buy the game on Steam and I've had enough of Humble's BS (doing things like selling games with a DRM-free download and Steam key and then removing the download). I wish Zach had gone for somewhere like itch.io if he was only going to support one DRM-free store.
XeidiDent: Damn... does Humble Bundle do that? I was thinking about purchasing this game there... Oh well... it seems like I have to give my money to Steam again. At least for me it's cheaper on Steam.
In fairness, the DRM-free version would only be removed if the developer or publisher decided that and I trust Zach not to do that. However I refuse to support Humble any more.
PaterAlf: I think one example was Awesomenauts which was sold DRM-free in a Humble Idie Bundle and sometime later the DRM-free download was removed.
That's illegal! DRM-Free installer was one of most important factors for my decisions as a customer. They cannot do that!
ciemnogrodzianin: That's illegal! DRM-Free installer was one of most important factors for my decisions as a customer. They cannot do that!
Go ahead and sue them. Your chances to win are probably good, but it will take a lot of time (and I fear also money).

For me it was another valuable lesson to always backup my DRM-free games.
Humble did it to me for a game in a bundle, I forget which. I asked for and received a refund.

In the meantime, I'm still blown away they rejected this game... for being too mobile. While they fill their shelves with shitty mobile ports. I don't get it.
I'm quite sure they'll bring the game here eventually.
Interesting to see how few votes on the wishlist the games we're getting this week have (13, 14, and 23 respectively). Meanwhile, Opus Magnum has over 550 and just isn't good enough apparently. I've always suspected that the wishlist was worthless, but this really proves it. I think it's more meant as a bargaining chip for GOG to convince publishers/developers than it is for us to convince GOG of anything. They couldn't care less what we think of their "curation".

EDIT: I just hope that if Opus Magnum does release here that we don't see the issue die down again. GOG's curation is a consistent issue, and finally having it get more attention is vital for us to have any chance of it improving. Opus Magnum is simply the latest example.
Post edited January 10, 2018 by Marioface5
XeidiDent: Damn... does Humble Bundle do that? I was thinking about purchasing this game there... Oh well... it seems like I have to give my money to Steam again. At least for me it's cheaper on Steam.
SirPrimalform: In fairness, the DRM-free version would only be removed if the developer or publisher decided that and I trust Zach not to do that. However I refuse to support Humble any more.
I support Humble Bundles, but I've set their cut to zero for a few years now.

I realize you can't do that with store purchases, but at least the option is there for the bundles...
SirPrimalform: In fairness, the DRM-free version would only be removed if the developer or publisher decided that and I trust Zach not to do that. However I refuse to support Humble any more.
Foxhack: I support Humble Bundles, but I've set their cut to zero for a few years now.

I realize you can't do that with store purchases, but at least the option is there for the bundles...
Indeed, I mentioned that I already do that in a prior post. But as you say, you can't do that for the store and as I refuse to support Humble it rules them out.
So, Railway Empire is coming. As GOG is continuing to satisfy my wishes this week, I hope Opus Magnum could follow. :)
I'll just put this here:
Attachments:
The Opus Magnum wishlist now has over 560 votes! GOG needs to re-review this game and add it to the store!