It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cw8: Releasing 3 days before GTAV. Not sure if that's the wisest of ideas in regards to sales especially on the steam front. Of course when POE releases, it'll be top priority for me while GTAV will be in the backlog. That doesn't run true for most people I assume though.
Different genres. Different customer types.
cw8: Releasing 3 days before GTAV. Not sure if that's the wisest of ideas in regards to sales especially on the steam front. Of course when POE releases, it'll be top priority for me while GTAV will be in the backlog. That doesn't run true for most people I assume though.
Niggles: Different genres. Different customer types.
Yeah, but when it comes to steam's top 10 seller's list, everything can go to shit when you're pushed off the frontpage.
Meaty beta patch, probably the last one to release:

Fixed Issues:

Players can no longer move around with 0 health.
Capes no longer clip with armor on the character's model.
Hired adventurers no longer spawn inside of one of your characters.
Mods and Enchants that affect accuracy are now showing in the character sheet and inventory calculations.
The stash interface in shop UI was converted to the same page system that the stash uses otherwise.
Transition icons that are hidden to the user no longer become visible and usable after save/load.
If you convince Medreth and his party to leave the Boar Companion will now follow.
The displayed Accuracy value should now properly reflect the bonus granted by wielding a 1-handed weapon with no offhand equipment.
Offhand weapon accuracy no longer overwrites base accuracy.
The Bronze Beneath the Lake - Cladhaliath spear is no longer invisible in-game.
Boar Companion from Medreth's party no longer appears on every map if you save/load in Dyrford Village.
Mods for an attack are no longer duplicated if a character is stopped from completing an attack action.
Combat Music is now playing properly.
Memory usage no longer increases by 300-800MB after 1-2 save/loads or transitions.
Save files no longer become unreadable if PC loses power supply while the game is running.
Item tooltips often appear in front of the inventory and loot UI.
Distortion type FX no longer make UI elements disappear.
Spells and abilities are now changing the cursor state after use or when the user attempts to cancel the action.
Any Mods on acquired items now properly function after save/load
Missing male Godlike heads have returned.
Dexterity affects action speed now.
Visual elements and animated VFX on the action bar and character portraits are now properly hidden when Inventory/Character sheet are opened.
Art for scouting mode now aligns with selection circles.
Now able to open trapped containers after discovering the trap.
Difficulty changes take effect immediately now.
On death load now functions if an entire party is knocked out while one party member is dominated.
Best of weapons are now correctly displaying the damage type that they are using in the combat log.
"Trap Triggered!" barks no longer last a long time.
Crash when running public backer beta on Mac OSX Yosemite has been fixed.
Knock Down no longer becomes stuck in the "already activated" state if the target is gibbed before Knock Down resolves.
Abilities with very long descriptions are easier to read in character creation and level up.
AI will no longer move into standard range if they are commanded to cast at a distant target despite Perception range bonus.
Now able to equip shields in your right hand.
Paladin's description is no longer missing the word "Health" after x5.
The client no longer loads in paused if you save a paused game, close the client, and loading that game via the front end continue button.
Wizard's grimoire no longer appears in character's offhand while some types of weapons are equipped. - NEEDS VERIFICATION
Time stamp text size on saved games is now larger. - NEEDS VERIFICATION
Items held by NPCs in fog can now be perceived correctly. - NEEDS VERIFICATION
Abilities shown in character creation, below the Class banner, no longer display "Right-Click for details" in their tooltip descriptions. - NEEDS VERIFICATION
Double clicking sound effect is no longer present when users press buttons in game menus. - NEEDS VERIFICATION
If the Ranger or their Companion are knocked out near an enemy while the other is far away, they will no longer repeatedly fall unconscious. - NEEDS VERIFICATION
If you hire an adventurer when you have a full party, the adventurer will no longer be made with no items. - NEEDS VERIFICATION
Mip settings have been adjusted to complement our default zoom ranges. - NEEDS VERIFICATION
Knock Down now has the same range as standard melee. - NEEDS VERIFICATION
The "Next Tab" keybinding is no longer hard coded to the Tab key. - NEEDS VERIFICATION
If Knock Down was used to start a fight with a friendly target, they were not knocked prone. - NEEDS VERIFICATION
Hiring a 7th Party member and removing a BB Companion caused transitions to break progression. This should no longer be the case. - NEEDS VERIFICATION
Ranges for Miss/Graze/Hit/Crit were off by one number. - NEEDS VERIFICATION

Known Issues:

Save/Load Menu should be organized by date created, not alphabetical.
The Bloody Slaughter talent does not have a description in the Level Up screen.
Brilliant Radiance is causing too much damage.
Culture Bonuses applied before selection.
Character shadows on the East and West sides of Dyrford Village disappear after Save/Load.
Hovering over hidden objects (either hidden containers or traps) causes the default cursor to appear.
Container UI placement/panning limits allow the interface to appear offscreen in higher resolutions.
Passive (White) text in the Combat Log is showing decimal numbers as zero.
Stormwall Gorge displays lines on the left and right side of the Area Map that show through the Fog of War.
Wizards are not holding their grimoire in character creation.
Abilities on the action bar are being duplicated when a hotkey is applied to them.
Animals and Critters (such as Deer) should run away from the party.
Unable to inspect spells that are greyed out in a Grimoire.
When characters are given a movement command they all begin running in unison, perfectly synced.
Abilities granted by items are added to character's quick bar permanently after save/load cycle.

I wonder if they made any changes to the camping supplies system for the harder difficulties. Playing the beta I'm only limited to 2 supplies at any one time. And to recover casting spells or to restore hp, you'll need to rest which consumes a supply. So having only 2 means that you'll need to go back and forth from the town to whatever place or dungeon you are at and that's really silly. Fast mode isn't gonna help much that much with the back and forth.
Sounds good!

Can't wait for the game to come out =)
I only managed to play for like 15 mins after the download finished but it seems to feel a lot smoother and responsive than before. Or maybe I'm imagining things. Also I heard chanting from the enemy mage while he was casting his spell, colour me excited! Because thus far, it's been silent casting.

Need to go home to confirm stuff.
SeduceMePlz: +1. Also, if his mage were actually raining meteors on the enemies, the mage would be generating threat and drawing aggro.

I love the threat/aggro system in DA:O. Battles actually make sense. Much more so than in the IE games at least.
HeadClot: I would love to see Dragon Age Origins on GOG.com with its toolset :)
The Dragon Age games and Bethesda games. We're probably never going to get either. :/
Gilozard: The Dragon Age games and Bethesda games. We're probably never going to get either. :/
We've been saying the same thing about the Lucasarts games for more than 6 years and look where we are now.
Gilozard: The Dragon Age games and Bethesda games. We're probably never going to get either. :/
POLE7645: We've been saying the same thing about the Lucasarts games for more than 6 years and look where we are now.
You just stole my tought.i am convinced everything will come to GOG....eventualy
Well Dragon Age Origins was released Pre Origin so it has better chances of coming here (the game looks like it can work DRM Free.)

Bethesda. Well all want the Old Fallouts back. And if possible the first 3 Elder Scrolls games (or Oblivion if possible, I know Skyrim is leashed by Steam) and Id Software's library (Doom games before 3 are everywhere so there is no reason to not put it on GOG)
The stronghold video, just skip to 11:00 for the gameplay part. Can't wait:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsX3RLUAU6Y
Elmofongo: Well Dragon Age Origins was released Pre Origin so it has better chances of coming here (the game looks like it can work DRM Free.)

Bethesda. Well all want the Old Fallouts back. And if possible the first 3 Elder Scrolls games (or Oblivion if possible, I know Skyrim is leashed by Steam) and Id Software's library (Doom games before 3 are everywhere so there is no reason to not put it on GOG)
Arena and Daggerfalll are fee to download direct from Bethesda. The following fansite also has the Bethesda free release, and have a verionion with dosbox baked in: [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files]http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files[/url] [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:Files]http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:Files[/url] I'd go with the fan-version with Dosbox as itt's a paid to run the games the way Bethesda released them as you have to manually mount the virtual Cd each time.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by shadowknight2814
Elmofongo: Well Dragon Age Origins was released Pre Origin so it has better chances of coming here (the game looks like it can work DRM Free.)

shadowknight2814: Arena and Daggerfalll are fee to download direct from Bethesda. The following fansite also has the Bethesda free release, and have a verionion with dosbox baked in: [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files]http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files[/url] [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:Files]http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:Files[/url] I'd go with the fan-version with Dosbox as itt's a paid to run the games the way Bethesda released them as you have to manually mount the virtual Cd each time.
I know that man. And they are a bitch to run on a machine.

DagerfallSetup and ArenaSetup is a much better option.
Havent bothered to check yet, but how are they going to do the redemption for people who wanted their copy drm free on gog?
Niggles: Havent bothered to check yet, but how are they going to do the redemption for people who wanted their copy drm free on gog?
It will be posted in next few days on Obsidians Pillars of Eternity forums and portal.
Niggles: Havent bothered to check yet, but how are they going to do the redemption for people who wanted their copy drm free on gog?
MMLN: It will be posted in next few days on Obsidians Pillars of Eternity forums and portal.
When and where did they say that? Last I knew, they couldn't or wouldn't tell us when we would get our keys or what digital edition backers at each tier would receive... Has that changed?