It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I totally forgot I had the Beta for this game. I must play it this weekend. I hope the updates don't take too long.
Post edited September 05, 2014 by VABlitz
Any word on when PoE backers can get their GOG Wasteland 2 keys?
ShadowWulfe: Any word on when PoE backers can get their GOG Wasteland 2 keys?
Not yet. There's a post by one of the inXile guys in This Thread on the Obs boards. Basically InXile is saying they're waiting for GOG to give them to inXile, so they can in turn give them to Obsidian. In the meant time those of us that wanted GOG keys are not playing Wasteland 2.
Coelocanth:
Looks like I'll mail support or something, though I doubt the foot dragging is on GOG's end. There's been enough GOG second classing by the Team Steam kids that I doubt it's always an unfortunate coincidence.
ShadowWulfe: Looks like I'll mail support or something, though I doubt the foot dragging is on GOG's end. There's been enough GOG second classing by the Team Steam kids that I doubt it's always an unfortunate coincidence.
Yeah, I'm suspicious that this is just buck-passing. Someone on the Obs boards said they messaged inXile and was told it was in Obsidian's hands. This was before Brother None popped in and laid it at GOG's feet.

I'm a bit miffed at the whole issue. Just because I want to get the game on my preferred platform, I shouldn't be stuck sitting here twiddling my thumbs and wondering how the Steam community is enjoying the game. Sick of GOG supporters being treated like the red-headed stepchild. There's no reason on earth why they can set up Steam keys but don't have their shit wired down enough to have the GOG keys ready to go at the same time.
Coelocanth:
I have my suspicions. Especially after the Divinity: Original Sin fiasco.

I highly doubt GOG would have wanted to not give a damn in this regard. I'm perfectly fine waiting though.
New patch for the beta. Looks like some good, needed fixes.
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68689-backer-beta-build-301-is-live/
cw8: New patch for the beta. Looks like some good, needed fixes.
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68689-backer-beta-build-301-is-live/
Apparently they fixed the bug when you try to hire adventurers with a ranger in the party, need to test this
waiting for it too!

Btw is there a set day of release? How's the game looking without going into details?
Sorapak: waiting for it too!

Btw is there a set day of release? How's the game looking without going into details?
No set release date yet. As for the game, it depends what you're looking for. Personally, I think it's looking great. But there's a guy on the OBs boards bitching about how the game has shitty combat animations (not enough 'impact' to the animations for his tastes) and no ragdoll physics. There won't be ragdoll physics, but I'm pretty sure there are going to be some animation tweaks.
Sorapak: How's the game looking without going into details?
The game looks and plays like how you remember Baldur's Gate looking and playing. It's hard enough on hard difficulty settings that if you don't pay attention, an easy fight can turn into a total party kill in ten seconds (no lie, just to see how autocombat worked, I got a six-person group TPK'ed by a beetle at the side of the road as we tried to hack and stab it to death). It's crisp and clean and reminds you how good 2D games can look. It has some helper features for people who like a little more information on their screen, but they're options so if you'd rather play it as in-the-dark as your characters would be, you can. Mechanics are pretty well designed; you can have fun with any class, any race, once you learn the rules a little. Quests aren't too FedEx-y, and since none of what's in the demo is critical path, that speaks well for what should be the core of the game plot. It feels like low-level AD&D CRPGs, so think BG1 or ToEE, or the first parts of IWD and PST.

If you liked the classic D&D games, you're probably going to like this enough to get it on release. I have no idea how the modding community will take to it, so I can't speculate on its longevity (NWN and BG2, for example, were still being actively modded a decade after release, which made them fun to go back to every coupe years).
thanks guys,I guess this will be my kind of game after all.

now that you mentioned modding on NWN I remember there was a builds page even for characters and I kept playing modules and trying new characters,so much fun

Interestingly NWN2 didn't pick up like that at all..
Given that it uses pre-rendered backgrounds (so adding new areas would be a lot of work), chances are the PoE modding scene will end up more IE than NWN.
And Pillars of Eternity has now been officially delayed for the next year.
Post edited October 03, 2014 by Grargar
Grargar: And Pillars of Eternity has now been officially delayed for the next year.
I think it's better to have a more polished version, so I'm fine with it.