It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

i see during charachter creation you can't random roll (nor random customize hair/face etc).Stats only seem to go up to 18 initial. No female bearded dwarves :P.
You can pick a female cleric voice but no cleric class as an option.
Post edited August 19, 2014 by Niggles
Here's a live stream if anyone's interested!!

Looks pretty good, in my opinion.
Niggles: You can pick a female cleric voice but no cleric class as an option.
They just called them Priests in PoE.
Did I read right, that your reward will be tied to Steam if you do the Beta. If so, I'll pass and wait for my GOG copy.
Played only a bit yesterday and found soon a bug: if you create a ranger and hire a adventurer in the inn, the adventurer will be stuck inside the structure of the building after leaving and will not answer any commands.

VABlitz: Did I read right, that your reward will be tied to Steam if you do the Beta. If so, I'll pass and wait for my GOG copy.
This is for the key of Wasteland 2 beta offered in the PoE kickstarter, not Pillars beta. You can get your beta now and later the full game in GOG without problems.
VABlitz: Did I read right, that your reward will be tied to Steam if you do the Beta. If so, I'll pass and wait for my GOG copy.
As noted, no, you did not read that right. PoE Beta does not tie your final release choice to Steam.
gandalf.nho: This is for the key of Wasteland 2 beta offered in the PoE kickstarter, not Pillars beta. You can get your beta now and later the full game in GOG without problems.
Coelocanth: As noted, no, you did not read that right. PoE Beta does not tie your final release choice to Steam.
Thanks guys for the quick response. I will start downloading if my companies servers will let me. Perhaps I am thinking of the Torment Beta.
Post edited August 19, 2014 by VABlitz
Played a little yesterday on hard, loving the game. Feels more like a late alpha though for now, had quite a number of game-breaking bugs including my wizard's grimoire disappearing on the first playthrough which made him useless because he can't cast anything. 2 of my party members KOed while fighting beetles but I had no idea how to bring them back up, their stamina is 0 but their hp still stands so I assume they're not dead but I can't cast restore stam spells on them or wait for them to get back up. Characters need to be more prominent especially when the aura buff effects are on the ground, a little hard to make out the characters. The no XP on kills still bother me, and I need to spend more time figuring out the status effects on party members with more playtime. Otherwise game's looking fantastic, great IE graphics and music. Will wait for a more stable build before continuing.
*drool*

This and Wasteland are two games I've been waiting for for a long time. Can't believe they're almost here...
Couldn't download at work and forgot once I got home. I'll try again tonight. On a side note I finally ready the PoE Update 84 newsletter...here's a snippet that would have cleared up my mistaken belief that I would be locked into Steam if I did this:

"Note that if you are concerned about linking the Backer Beta to the final product, you need not worry -- the Backer Beta is considered a separate product. If you want to participate in the Backer Beta, your final product will not be locked into Steam or Windows."

and another great quote from the update

"There are no NDAs for those who are participating in the Backer Beta. If you want to share images, videos, or general feedback on content with the public, we appreciate your thoughts and criticism."

Kudos to the PoE team for these stances. Unlike the developers that are too lazy to regenerate keys after the final product ships.
Post edited August 20, 2014 by VABlitz
I played a bit as a "Cypher" and I enjoyed the combat, bit of a hard class to understand though as you don't memorize/rest for "spells" you need to actually attack an enemy which gives you spell points, kinda weird.
Crosmando: I played a bit as a "Cypher" and I enjoyed the combat, bit of a hard class to understand though as you don't memorize/rest for "spells" you need to actually attack an enemy which gives you spell points, kinda weird.
I played as a Monk as I did for my playthroughs of BG2. Seems like the Monk is the one doing the most dmg out of the party for me. Wizard probably would've been first if he didn't lose his f***king Grimoire. When all the melee characters are in the fray hitting the enemy, I find it hard to distinguish who is who and what is going on.
1.7GB patch. Fixes quite a load of bugs. Will play seriously after this.
Do the characters still blend into the environment during combat and stuff? It was hard to figure how what was even going on when I tried.
Post edited September 04, 2014 by Crosmando
Crosmando: Do the characters still blend into the environment during combat and stuff? It was hard to figure how what was even going on when I tried.
Feels slightly better now but not enough yet.

My items float around. The 2nd weapon set floats with the character, not entirely sure which bug trigger it.

Camp supplies don't refresh in the inn atm. So once you run out of them you can't rest and have to trek back to the inn just to recover hp. "Healing" spells from the priest don't heal hp just stamina, so if you're injured you have to rest which the bug will screw you over. I haven't seen any healing pots. Read it was a gameplay decision that healing and resurrection will be rare in the game. If you're playing on hard, you get only 3 camp supplies at any one point, so if you get hp dmg, you'll need to rest since the spells don't heal hp. It means frequent trekking back and forth between the town's inn and the dungeon, might be very annoying.. The IE games had healing spells and pots, didn't really make things any easier.

Sound effects go on and off especially the combat sound effects. Combat still feels slightly floaty, hope they fix that. Not sure how many levels of spells Wizards, Druids and Priests are gonna get. The Wizard grimoire says up to level 10 but the Wiki states 6 levels, maybe the 6 levels is a beta thing?

Hope they add XP for kills, even if it's a low, insignificant amount. It'll add at least some sort of progression other than acquiring loot from them.